Does Anyone Else Split Up Their Clothes in Luggage When Flying?

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
Am I the only crazy one, or does anyone else split up their families clothes between a few pieces of luggage in case one suitcase gets lost? Just curious!!!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Gosh no, I do the same thing. As well as carrying on one change of clothes and all medication.

Came in very handy when I went to Charleston and my bag went to New York City!:rolleyes:

Yep - sure do! After reading that tip on the DIS boards I did it for our last trip. I think it's a great idea. I wouldn't have thought of doing that if I hadn't read about it.

Cindala- see your getting ready to leave. Have a wonderful trip!

It's a good idea but we've never done it. Even when I've lost bags, I've always had them by the next morning.

We usually can squeeze into three suitcases for a week for the five of us (Me, My wife, Son, twin daughters).

We each put a few complete outfits in each suitcase.

We also take one carry on with a complete outfit for each of us and a swimming suit. (worst case is you wear the same thing everyday, and do laundry while your swimming!).

My first big trip without family was to London with a friend of mine. I had heard to tie some kind of ribbon to my suitcase and told her to do the same. She thought it was a stupid idea. Who would have the same type luggage as she did!?!

Well someone did and her bags wound up in Manchester. When the airline located it, it lost her bag again while transporting it to London. Luckily, she was a size smaller than I was, so she shared my clothes all week.

That trip taught me to always, always, mix the packing between bags. It would have been worse if my bag was lost since she was a size smaller. It was a budget trip and I would have had to buy several new things instead of just picking out some things that I wanted.

Pink Flamingo,
Yes, we are leaving tomorrow morning! That is why I am going a little bit crazy with packing and still trying to save some room for souvenirs! :):D:)

After wearing the same clothes (after an 8 hour flight) in Munich a few years ago for about 3 days, I learned my lesson! I always carry-on an extra outfit and my toiletries. My luggage did finally arrive--I think I kissed it!!! The airlines are not at all concerned that you don't have any underwear.

I do it too! When we are ready to pack everyone's things are taken out to the livingroom and put in piles. Then I start dealing out the clothes like cards. One set of son's socks and undies to suitcase one, then to suitcase two. Then I do the same with mine and then my husbands. Then I make sure that everyone has one complete outfit in a carryon. This is probably overkill but I used to work for the airlines and at times if the baggage handlers are not happy with current working conditions they will deliberately misdirect luggage.:( When we get to our destination we take a few minutes to sort through our luggage and each take a suitcase and put the family items like ponchos and spray bottles etc in a separate bag. I pull out the dirty clothes duffle and voila we have souvie room.

The only problem is that no-one and I mean no-one had better try to talk to me when I am packing. I get a bit intense if you know what I mean. OK, so don't ask my husband, he would say a lot intense.:rolleyes:

We do a lot of Disney cruises, and hubby does the packing...I think he always does this. We have never had any of our luggage lost flying into Orlando, but it has been lost multiple times on the way home. That's not as big of a problem, but it makes us a little paranoid so he makes sure that we would have enough supplies even if a bag or two doesn't make it.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by cindala
Am I the only crazy one, or does anyone else split up their families clothes between a few pieces of luggage in case one suitcase gets lost? Just curious!!!:):D:)

My husband and I do this. We usually check to bags and each bag is half his stuff and half my stuff just in case one of the bags gets lost the other person at least has some clothes. You are not crazy at all. It is very logical when you think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter