Does anyone have the recipe for the salad dressing at LTT

Jasminesmommy

<font color=red>My dh pops the can for me<br><font
I was at LTT for dinner 2 weeks ago and loved the dressing. Does any one have the recipe? I heard if you ask for it they give it to you but I didn't realise this till after.

This one?

Strawberry Viniagrette
from The Liberty Tree Tavern, MK

17 oz strawberry vinegar
1½ oz salt
8 oz sugar
4 oz strawberry melba
4 oz dijon mustard
dash tabasco sauce
dash white pepper
2 qt salad oil
8 oz water

Place strawberry vinegar, salt, sugar, melba, mustard, tabasco, and white pepper in storage container. Using hand held blender, blend ingredients well. Add oil in four parts blending thoroughly after each fourth. Add water and blend one last time.

You might want to check out the Cooking, Crafting & Scrapbooking board. Many, many Disney recipes have been posted over there. :teeth: More recently there have been more scrapping posts, but if you page back to the beginning you'll come across quick a few! Or, just visit
Margie J's site. I use it all the time - I think it's probably the most comprehensive list on the Internet.

Piratesmate you beat me to it again. :wave2: Thank you!

As for the melba, it's probably like a strawberry conserve or you could try blending up some frozen, sweetened berries. Leave it a little chunky if you like.

UPDATE

Ok, here's a raspberry melba sauce recipe. You can substitute strawberries. You can either make the cooked version or the version I described above (blended berries).

Raspberry Melba Sauce

1 c Raspberries, fresh or frozen
2 tb Water
1 ts Cornstarch
6 ts Sugar

In a small saucepan, combine raspberries and 1 tb of the water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the berries start to fall apart. Dissolve the cornstarch in the rest of the water. add to berries and cook until mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Strain mixture and stir in sugar. Serve over any fruit or frozen dietary dessert.

I've never made the dressing because I wasn't sure what "strawberry melba" was either, Daisy. :rolleyes: You gave me the incentive to do a search for a recipe. I came up with 3 - but the one doesn't use raspberries at all & I always thouse "Melba" kind of meant raspberry. Here are the other 2:

Strawberry Melba
A wonderful blend of raspberries & strawberries!
Serves: 6
Source: FamilyTime Favorites

1 package (10 ounces) raspberries, frozen
1 pound strawberries, sliced
1 pint raspberry sorbet

Defrost the raspberries & puree them in a blender or food processor. Strain to remove the seeds. Divide the strawberries between six dessert bowls. Place a scoop of sorbet on top of the berries & spoon the raspberry sauce over the sorbet.

STRAWBERRY MELBA
For a different taste and texture, add fresh orange segments and some whole raspberries to the strawberries.

450g fresh Strawberries, hulled & quartered if large
225g Raspberries, thawed if frozen
Juice of 1 small Orange
Strawberry leaves, to decorate (optional)

Place the strawberries in a serving bowl or 4 individual bowls, cover & chill until required. Puree the raspberries & orange juice in a blender or food processor until smooth. If fresh raspberries are used, it may be necessary to add a little more orange juice or water to thin the sauce. Sieve to remove seeds, if liked. Spoon the sauce over the strawberries, decorate with strawberry leaves, if using & serve. Serves 4
Source : Eating for a Healthy Heart

Oops! I didn't see Margie had already replied. Sorry!

Oh my gosh....I never would have imagined!!! I think the one with the raspberry sorbet sounds delicious....a lot of work for a dressing...I do love the strawberry dressing at the liberty tree tavern...I may have to wait for summer for this one.
Thanks so much!!
;)

Tavern Salad Dressing

5 egg yolks
1 T Dijon Mustard
3 C salad oil
1 C red wine vinegar
1 T worcester sauce
1 t lemon juice - fresh
1/8 t white pepper
1/2 t dill - fresh chopped
1 T sugar
1/3 cup water

Place egg yolks in an electric mixing bowl and whip until pale yellow and light. Slowly add mustard and oil until completely incorporated. Add remaining ingredients and continue to mix to a creamy consistency. Dressing should be thick enough to coat a spoon. Refridgerate any unused portion.

Funny about the strawbery vinagrette dressing. They serve it at Plaza on their salad and we love it too. We asked for the recipe and the waitress went back to get it and came out and told us it was Ken's.

They don't sell that flavor around here so I checked out the Ken's website and sure enough they do make it but only for restaurants. I was told if I wanted to by a gallon on line I could.

Maybe this recipe is close. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter