Does anyone know if WDW would open parks but not resorts in first phase?

misonrisa

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. Trip coming up in July (maybe). Keeping tabs on FL news and DIS of course. Has anyone come across any news/thoughts/rumors on whether WDW would open their parks but not their resorts? I am asking bc my trip is a resort/park package and I haven't seen this possibility mentioned anywhere. Universal is reopening parks for guests June 5th - does that include their resorts as well? Likely Disney and Universal will take similar actions IMO.

Appreciate the input especially from the insiders. Stay safe.

Looks like Disney is answering my question...yes they are opening parks before the resorts. Also worthy to note they are saying face masks will be required in the pool areas of the resorts unless swimming. WOW. That one I didn't expect. I thought that would be the only area where they would ease up a bit. I really, really hope they change that guideline. Don't mind wearing the face masks anywhere else but pool area. May have to rethink my trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!