Does anyone know the email address to send a complaint to:

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Very disapointed with AKL concierge and the whole AKl experience. The resort, however, was absolutely beautiful. It was just the cm's working there that leave alot to be desired!!!

If someone could please send me the email address for complaints, I would most definitely appreciate it.!!!!!!!!!!

I just Emailed them about a problem at the Poly. I got a quick reply saying they received my letter and would read it asap, and properly respond within a few weeks.

Hi - Good luck on getting your complaint answered. I too was not impressed at all with the concierge staff at AKL. You are one of the few that agree with me. What kinds of problems did you have? One evening we were in the lounge and asked them to check to see if there was a PS available at Boma. The CM looked on the computer and said he didn't see anything for two but I should go down to the restaurant and ask if they will seat us. I would have thought that he would have picked up the phone to ask that question for me rather than letting me hoof it down to ask myself. It seemed like a chore for the CM at the desk to look up and ask what you wanted. They also did not seem to appreciate it when I asked for water or diet soda which was never setting out. I also agree that the AKL was beautiful. I would go back but not do the concierge!

Originally posted by sherry8253
Hi - Good luck on getting your complaint answered. I too was not impressed at all with the concierge staff at AKL. You are one of the few that agree with me.

We stayed in concierge level right a few months after the resort opened. They didn't keep soda out so you had to keep asking for them to refill your glass and they would always forget. Also, the lounge was very small for the number of concierge rooms they had. Maybe they changed the layout since then...

AKL is a great resort and we've stayed in the regular savannah view rooms since then and had wonderful service.

The suspense is killing me.

What happened? I want to hear all about your trip.

I hope you have a better time in the future.

:D

When I stayed at the Contemporary Concierge level they often told me to go to the Marina and make my own reservations and they made me go downstairs to check in because they couldn't find my material. I was very put off by this, since you pay extra for the Concierge service they should go the extra mile. I completely agree with you. I will be at the AKL Conciege on May 2nd I hope we don't encounter this.

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary trip! Hopefully they were just having a bad week when we were there last December. I am looking forward to hearing how you stay went when you get back. Sherry

Originally posted by sherry8253
Hi - Good luck on getting your complaint answered. I too was not impressed at all with the concierge staff at AKL. You are one of the few that agree with me. What kinds of problems did you have? One evening we were in the lounge and asked them to check to see if there was a PS available at Boma. The CM looked on the computer and said he didn't see anything for two but I should go down to the restaurant and ask if they will seat us. I would have thought that he would have picked up the phone to ask that question for me rather than letting me hoof it down to ask myself. It seemed like a chore for the CM at the desk to look up and ask what you wanted. They also did not seem to appreciate it when I asked for water or diet soda which was never setting out. I also agree that the AKL was beautiful. I would go back but not do the concierge!

It is interesting how different people staying at the same place have such different experiances. We thought the staff was great. Don went above and beyond. My husband is a big bottled water drinker and the staff was great when he would ask for it. I would go down between 8pm and 10pm for the zebra domes and a nightcap and then ask for two waters to take back to the room and they were great. We cannot wait to get back to concierge. I am sorry that you had a bad experiance. How many days did you stay concierge? Just wondering.

We stayed in concierge three days. After three days, we transferred to Royal Pacific at Universal. The "front of the line" card was great! Had us on rides in five minutes that had 60 minute waits in the standby line.

Here are a few of the problems that top my list with AKL:

1. The Bellman was awesome, but that was about it.

2. While being the only person in line at the concierge desk, I had to wait
3 minutes the first time and five minutes the second time for the cm to
finish her obviously personal phone call.

3. I observed other people get angry with the concierge staff and
announce that they were checking out early.

4. The Sunrise Safari had 50 plus people on it, which greatly decreased the
educational value, especially over the six screaming toddlers on our bus.

5. Major billing errors. Concierge cm was late getting to her post and the
lady at the front desk was an absolute witch (I was very nice and
professional.) --They billed someone else's credit card, which I was trying to
point out but they insisted that's the one I had given them. It was not my
card- somebody would have been very unhappy with their bill.

6. They did not restock our toiletries the second day. I called
housekeeping and they promised to send some up. Six hours later, I called
the front desk to complain because they still had not been delivered - never
came until the maid came back the next day on her routine rounds.

7. Ran completely out of toilet paper. Again, never sent up. Had to finish
off a box of Kleenex for the "purpose".

8. Concierge cm's didn't appear to be interested in interacting with me or
any of the other concierge guests. I asked a cm to help change a time on one
of ps's and she said it probably would be impossible. I had to almost twist
her arm to make a phone call/check the computer.

Not meaning to whine, but for the price of this room, I really expected to
be "WOW-ed". I was highly disappointed. Believe it or not, club level at
the Royal Pacific was awesome. It was also a third of the cost - plus had some awesome benefites (front of the line card). They greeted you when you came in to the
lounge, asked if they could do anything for you, and actually smiled and
looked friendly. That's all I could ask for.

I forwarded my complaints to the guest services email address. I will post if/when it's acknowledged. So far, no response. Even my travel agent seemed surprised........... I guess that's just my luck - if there's a one in ten chance of a problem, guess who's going to be number ten?

:confused:

I am sorry you encountered all these problems.maybe you will hear from them soon.

msim,
Sorry about your AKL stay. Can you tell me more about RPR's club level? We're thinking of staying there in December (we've already tried HRH and want to stay somewhere different). What rate did you get? You can PM me if you'd like.

I am sorry your time at AKL was not great.

I also would like to know more about RPR's club level.

What was it like? How would you compare the food offerings to AKL?

What type of room or suite did you stay in?

Again, sorry about AKL. Let us know how things work out.

I keep hearing more and more about unhappy toddlers on the safari and it has me a bit concerned.

Feel free to PM me if you like.

My daughter complained about conceirge at the Poly which took quite a bit of our Disney Vacation Club points to stay at and she got a quick phone call from someone saying they received her letter and someone would be in touch. Someone got in touch about three weeks later and said she was sorry my daughter didn't have a good experience and they would try to improve it for next time. Next time? I can't believe the whole idea was to be treated with a little extra TLC that's what you pay for. So basically we felt that our points were washed down the drain for that trip. No one would check her in at the front desk and she had no idea that she was suppose to walk back to the conceirge building because she was never there before and didn't know what was what. The CM at the front desk was extremely rude towards her and her friend and acted like she couldn't be bothered even directing them to the proper check-in area. Oh well.....there are many more pleasant people at Disney then there are rude!! Good Luck!

We were there 7 nights. We have stayed at a number of nice resorts/hotels (Plaza in NYC, Lodge at Pebble Beach, Inn at Spanish Bay) and the staff in those places went out of their way to be helpful. There was no reason the concierge could not have picked up the phone to see if Boma would seat us rather than telling me to walk down and ask myself. And it was not that there were people stanidng and waiting for assistance - I was the only one at the desk. Several times I had to stand for 3 to 5 minutes before the CM on duty would look up from the computer and ask if they could help me. I just expected better & more personal service. But as I said we just may have caught them duirng a bad week. I also asked them to book an Illuminations Cruise & dinner at CRT for several months before we arrived. I called to see if had book the cruise and dinner and they said sorry, they couldnt get either for us. I got up two mornings in a row and called promptly at 7:00 am and got both the cruise and dinner at CRT myself. If I managed to book those I can't imagine that the concierge couldn't manage it.

Originally posted by Eggleboo
No one would check her in at the front desk and she had no idea that she was suppose to walk back to the conceirge building because she was never there before and didn't know what was what. The CM at the front desk was extremely rude towards her and her friend and acted like she couldn't be bothered even directing them to the proper check-in area.

I'm so sorry your daughter had a bad experience at the Poly. When I made my ressies for Poly Concierge CRO told me that we were to tell the bellman that we were staying concierge when we first arrived, and that he would arrange for a golf cart to take us and our luggage directly to the concierge building for check in.

So did your daughter have a bad experience and further problems with the concierge staff too or just with the CM's in the GHC?

Hi, Her only problem was with the check-in. Once she found out where to go, they person that checked them in in the Conceirge Bldg. was more then pleasant. She did prefer the Yacht over the Poly's conceirge however. I just think she preferred the food selection. I also think she was swayed a bit because honestly we were booked for a normal room at the Yatch and they upgraded us to the Conceirge level. We were so thrilled that we wouldn't of found fault with anything! So different when you are paying for it yourself! Here's to future trips! Life is good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter