does Disney actually need to cancel ARs/make new when adding Dining Plan?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
I just added on 3 nights of the dining plan to our Aug vacation (middle wknd staying cash at AKL). Im aware that I need to call and let Disney know we've added DP to ARs previously made at 180day window. Does Disney actually cancel those ARs and make new ones? or do they just add the DP to our already made ressies? In other words are we now at the "back of the line"?

The fact that your are now on the DP shouldn't matter. I know they ask if you are on the DP when you call for ADR's, but I'm not really sure why they need to know. I don't know if its becasue they are trying to track how many have taken advantage of this or what. Your ADR's from before shouldn't change at all, and I think you have nothing to worry about.

I cancelled one reservation and made a new one to get the free dining, and my ADR's stayed in place, as they appear to be linked to you phone number. They did ask me when I made the ADR's if I was on the dining plan.

I just made 18 ADRs and the lady did not ask if I was on the DDP, which I thought was odd, but I had no troubles getting what I wanted at the times I wanted.

I too will be changing resorts tomorrow....I booked my adrs weeks ago and they are attached to my phone number but the CM asked me what resort I was staying at...Is this so they can have a print out of your adrs waiting?
I will actually be at CR not the Wl so will I have a problem getting a print out of my adrs at the front desk when I check in at the CR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter