Does Disneyland....

Do anything special for people with birthdays during their trip?
They will give you a birthday pin if you ask for one.
I have heard there are ways to order a special birthday cake during a trip.

I think a few years back as a promotion, Disney had the perk of "Get in FREE on your birthday".

Definitely get a birthday pin! My DD got free birthday cupcakes from Goofy’s Kitchen and Storyteller’s and a free birthday beignet from Cafe Orleans. She also got lots of birthday wishes from CMs and guests when they saw her pin.

As Geemo said, you can get a (free) birthday button (Guest Services has them, plus they're often available at many of the shops) and you'll most likely get a fair number of happy birthday wishes from CMs and other guests. Anything else is pixie dust and there is no way to know if you'll get anything (unless you purchase a birthday cake).

There used to be a special birthday celebration you could register kids for where they got to make their own cake then got to meet Mickey & Minnie at the end, but that went away about five years ago.

Some of the restaurants in DTD and in the area near the parks have special coupons for your birthday. Check the websites and sign up for the emails so that you get the coupons before your birthday.

In my experience, if you engage with CMs and they see that it's your (or someone in your party's) birthday, they'll often do what they can to help. For example, on my brothers birthday last year, we were essentially walked onto three popular rides -- Peter Pan, Soarin' and GOTG. Many CMs enjoy making magic happen for guests and once they have even half a reason to -- such as your being kind or it being your birthday -- they'll do what they can for you. Several times I've simply asked CMs how their day was going and they walked me onto a ride. That's happened at least six times, twice in the last year or so. It often pays to be nice.

As an aside, I try to be kind to everyone. I used to have a grumpy co-worker who didn't talk to many people and seemed rather unhappy with his life. But I'd always say good morning and ask how his weekend was. When he died, he left me a substantial sum of money, quite unexpectedly. Now: I'm not saying be kind to people because they may give you money. What I am saying is that being kind is good for everyone, yourself included. Sometimes it pays off in ways you don't expect. But it always pays off in making me feel good.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter