Does the AKL Jambo DC standard studios now have walk-in showers like this photo is showing below?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Does the AKL Jambo DC standard studios now have walk-in showers like this photo is showing below?

Or are they just in non-DVC rooms?

The Jambo hotel rooms used to all have the combined tub and shower. It looks like the refurb, which started in 2018 and ended just before the coronavirus issue started, has replaced those with a shower stall, although I do not know if that applies to all the hotel rooms or whether some have kept the combined tub and shower. The refurb has also changed the bedroom flooring to laminate.

What is shown in the picture attached in RaySharpton's post above is not an HA room/shower. Also, it now appears the remodeled Jambo hotel rooms are following the CCV studio concept, some rooms retained tub with the shower and some now just have the shower

What is shown in the picture attached in RaySharpton's post above is not an HA room/shower. Also, it now appears the remodeled Jambo hotel rooms are following the CCV studio concept, some rooms retained tub with the shower and some now just have the shower

Hi, drusba

Thank you. I was hoping the walk-in shower might have been renovated in the AKL Jambo studios. I usually use a roll-in shower studio at BWV and at PCR.

Sometimes the roll-in shower is not available when making a reservation.

Even though the photo didn't show grab bars, I thought I might be able to use my walker that has a fold-down seat. I did like the adjustable hand-held shower with height adjustment.

I usually plan 11-months in advance for BWV, but I was considering a short trip in a few weeks.

There is only one roll-in shower in a Standard Studio at BWV. I know ther are more roll-in showers in the Pool-view and Boardwalk-view studios. It also doesn't have the adjustable hand-held shower pole. The hand-held shower is located almost seven-feet above the floor.

Every year I request if they could at least add the adjustable hand-held shower pole for when sitting in a shower chair. They also don't have a fold down shower chair like PCR.

And the BWV standard roll-in shower studio I usually stay in is more than two times smaller than the very nice PCR roll-in shower.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter