Doing Disney with Lyme Disease

HakunaMoscato

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease in January 2018 after suffering from chronic fatigue and exhaustion, intense muscle aches and cramps, depression, and limb numbness for two months. Thankfully it was caught early enough so that I shouldn't have any permanent symptoms/damage, and I'm improving everyday. However, I went to Disney in August 2018 with my mom and found some of my symptoms intensifying/worsening while touring the parks. Does this happen to anyone else? Does it ever go away? How do I beat it on my next Disney trip?

Thanks in advance for the advice and support :thanks:

With Lyme people have different symptoms and what works for one may not work for another. From my experience yes it can make symptoms temporarily worse but for me the warm weather help my muscle and joint pain so that's a plus. I take a supply of items that I might need. One of my favorite items is a mint cream and since it's natural I can use as much as I want. I also take a lidocaine cream and nsaids. I've found swimming helps as well since it takes pressure off of the joints. As far as fatigue nothing really helps that but sleep. Good luck!

I found that the heat and the walking made my joints hurt more, but the pool was a relief for me! Thanks for your input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!