Dollar Upgrade Question

Leeds Utd Fan

Earning My Ears
We have Dollar car hire included in our VA package, we are getting a premium, we have upgraded to full size and one free upgrade for being frequent virgins.

I am tempted and so are the rest of the family in upgrading to a SUV, no sensible reason, just fancy it, because on my recent business trips I had one and it was great fun.

So my question is should I upgrade here or wait until I get to MCO to see if they have any specials?

When we went in 99 Dollar offered us a minivan for $110 over three weeks, which I declined but that was better than any offer from UK.

It is not essential, but would be fun, what do they say about boys and toys?

We upgraded to a sports utility last July (Dollar through VA). We waited until we got there and the only one they had available was a white Dodge Durango which had just come back in, so we had to take it unwashed.

Hi,
I always upgrade at the Dollar counter as I actually enjoy "haggling" (sad but true!!)Never take their first offer and you can usually get a deal.

Mick.

:smooth:

Mick
What kind of a deal? 2 upgrades for the price of one, that kind of thing?

Ken

MICKEY - Will u share your tips with us:p

Our car will be with dollar too. At the moment its a compact, but I really want at least an intermediate. Theres just not going to be enough room for all of our return luggage in the compact ( after all the shopping ;) )

Travel City Direct ( our tour operator ) is offering an upgrade for £30 per week.
How much can you expect to get one for at the counter ?
We're going first 2 weeks of Dec, so its very low season aswell, so I imagine they would have loads of cars available.

:jester: 116 to go :jester:

Hi
We've just got back and went through Travel city and upgradred our car through them for £20 per week when we booked ages ago.
When we got to USA and dollar desk they tried very hard to get us to upgrade again telling us there were no other cars washed and ready yet so we'd have to wait ages unless we upgraded etc etc..
They really tried hard but we weren't interested as one upgrade was all we needed. They started their price at $14 per day but came down to $11 per day as we wern't biting but we still weren't interested so they gave up and lo and behold our original car was ' suddenly' ready!!

So its more expensive to do it over there then.
I wonder why TC are charging a whole £10 extra than they were when you booked. Seems like a BIG price increase. ( still cheaper than over there though )

:jester: 115 to go :jester:

We had an SUV last month. Probably the same dirty white Dodge Durango. We wanted a Jeep as per all the PR materials and when I asked about Jeeps they said they didn't have any at all, ever!!!!!

I enquired about changing to a Chrysler M300(?) and was told it would cost us only $40 per day, then $25 but I refused to pay that much. Complete rip off.

Book what you want before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter