Dollar vs. Alamo

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
Dollar just came out with a new code (it was in an e-mail they sent out), so now I have cars booked with both Alamo and Dollar. The Dollar rate is about $5.00 less than Alamo. I've used Dollar before and they are good (in my experience).

Seems like I should go with Dollar. Any comments?

Personally, I would stick with Dollar, I like them and have not had a real issue with them. Alamo may be better than years ago, but my experience with them back then was less than a happy one.

Most people seem to base their decisions today on what the end result is, saving money, which I can appreciate, but for me, sometimes spending even $5 more with a company I'm comfortable with is worth it. Not saying I would never go with another company to save the $$ too, we ALL do that, but just weigh the options and your experiences.

Check Dollar with GMF40 again also. Seems yesterday the DROPPED RATES yet again for that code. It just keeps getting better. lol

Dunnthat

you didn't state where you are picking the car up from, but last time(2 yrs ago) we pcked up our Dollor minivan at MCO airport just across from the airport in the parking structure. I believe with Alamo you have to take a shuttle to their site to get your car.

with Alamo you have to take a shuttle to their site to get your car.
Not anymore, they are now in the terminal with National. ~:D~

P.S. Does GC stand for Garden City?

It's nice of all these Michiganians to be looking out for one another!

Yes, I understood that Alamo was now associated with National and that they are in terminal as well. I had a good experience with Dollar last time and they have the slightly better rate. I think I'll do Dollar.

9 more days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter