Dolphin Encounter by Sea Life Park

Have you looked into doing a dolphin cruise where you view dolphins in their natural habitat? I would do some research on dolphins in captivity before committing to a visit to sea life park. My uncle had his finger bitten off by a dolphin in captivity, so I am a little biased.

I booked a dolphin excursion for myself and my son through Wild Side Dolphin Tours for next month.... they take you to swim with them in their natural habitat rather than in a cage. It's a much better experience. I chose the tour that has a max of 6 people on the trip so it's much more personal. The location is only 20 minutes from Aulani.

I booked a dolphin excursion for myself and my son through Wild Side Dolphin Tours for next month.... they take you to swim with them in their natural habitat rather than in a cage. It's a much better experience. I chose the tour that has a max of 6 people on the trip so it's much more personal. The location is only 20 minutes from Aulani.
Please report on your excursion - I am interested in doing this as well

Have you looked into doing a dolphin cruise where you view dolphins in their natural habitat? I would do some research on dolphins in captivity before committing to a visit to sea life park. My uncle had his finger bitten off by a dolphin in captivity, so I am a little biased.
I did a captive dolphin encounter when I was a kid. It is nice to be able to touch and feed the dolphin, but I would still opt for a cruise to see them in the ocean instead.

We have a tour booked with them as well! Workig on transportation...how are you getting to the boat dock?

We did the sea life park dolphin excursion a few years ago. The park itself it in disrepair and the pools seemed dirty and kinda gross. The dolphin experience itself was kinda cool, my kids loved it. I had to make myself get into the water ( we didn’t swim with them only the step in to your waist or chest I think). My mom couldn’t get her wedding ring off (and hadn’t for several years) so she wasn’t able to go and they wouldn’t let her do any of the experience or even come to be close enough to take pictures, which we learned was because they don’t allow anyone to take pictures other than their photographers who charge obscene amounts for their pics. (someone can take a pic from across the pool, with a fairly large bush blocking the way and they position you and the dolphin facing away from the crowd 🙄) It was overall a great memory for my children but a terrible one for me because of the enormous cost (6 people entry plus not joking I think around $300 for pictures for those 6 people) and how gross it made me feel. Not something I plan to try again. We’ve also done the whale/ spinner dolphin cruise which was awesome, but unfortunately when we went it was too rough to be able to swim that day. Just luck of the draw on weather if you prebook. Next time I will wait to book until we know the sea will be calmer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!