Dolphin Encounter Question

6915meh

Earning My Ears
We are going on the 10/9 3-day Wonder cruise and I have a question for those of you who have done the Dolphin Encounter or Swim, not as a DCL excursion.

We are scheduled for the 3:00pm check-in/3:30pm departure to Blue Lagoon. I am told to expect it to take 3 hours from depature time which would put us back to the ferry dock at 6:30pm and the ship at close to 7:00pm. We have late seating so that will not be a problem but my DD7 would like to see the show that starts at 6:30pm.

For previous travelers, what time does the ferry leave Blue Lagoon in the evening and what time did you actually get back on the ship?

I am somewhat frustrated dealing with the Dolphin Encounter reservation staff as I had originally booked over 60 days out (and paid for) the 1:00pm swim for my DD7 and DH. I wanted to book three more of us for just the Encounter. They told me that I had to wait until 30 days before the cruise to book those. I was very specific that we needed to all be together at the same time.

When I called at approximately 32 days out I was told that they would not book the Encounters for 1pm as they were reserved for another ship. So, I had to move the swims and everyone to 3pm which put a wrench in my original plans. I was somewhat bothered by the customer no-service attitude of "you should have known that you couldn't do the 1pm Encounter ".

We are traveling with my 18month old DD and my father who has alzheimers so splitting up into two parties is not an option.

Welcome to the Dis boards 6915meh.

We are going on the 10/9 3-day Wonder cruise and I have a question for those of you who have done the Dolphin Encounter or Swim,

I have only been on the Magic Western Caribbean but I'll give you a "bump" so hopefully someone who knows will post an answer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter