Dolphin refillable mug? Report card? Starwood?

RedE2Go

Earning My Ears
When I called Dolphin today to ask a few questions, I couldn't really get solid answers (she didn't know what I was talking about). I felt kinda silly for asking. Can anyone help me?

1. Does the Dolphin now do free refills on mugs?

2. Is there really a progam (free ice cream or something) for kids
with a straight "A" report card?

3. If you have a Starwood card (then do the Amex card for the
Gold upgrade) does that get you "club" privaleges...meaning
just free newspaper, coffee, or that snack area upstairs?
(I'm not real sure what I'm talking about on the Starwood
gold card....I need to check into that more. Any help there?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've called Dolphin about 4 times and none of the agents seem to want to spend much time with me. I may be calling at busy times though.

Thanks.....

I don't have an answer, but I would like to expand on one of the questions:

For the straight "A" program, does this mean straight A's for the whole year or just a "nine weeks" or "semester"??

I can only help w/one of your questions.

The refillable mugs are sold at Tubbi's Buffeteria, which is located in the Dolphin. The cost is $10.00 and they are like the coffee/tumbler type mugs you would buy at say...Starbucks. They don't have a handle like the WDW resort mugs. The mug features photos taken at different locales around the Swan and Dolphin. They are very nice, and well worth the money!

We just returned from 8 days at the Swan. We purchased the mugs at Tubbi's - had to ask for them and wait for them to get more as they had evidently run out that day. THey are puchased at the register. We only refilled them at Tubbi's. I am not positive that Tubbi's is the only place to refill, but...that was my understanding.

As far as free ice cream cone for the kids...When I checked in, I was given "passports" for the kids. The had to get the "passport" stamped at 5 places at either the Swan or Dolphin. (no purchase necessary) Then, they took it to the Dolphin Fountain for a free cone. It hardly took any time at all to get the stamps as the front desk had stamped it and they stamped Juan and Only's because it is no longer there. The kids had fun doing it...and enjoyed the cone!

Originally posted by kml2000
Are they only refillable at Tubbi's, or are there other places around the resort??

This is copied from the July 2002 issue of Deb Wills' Newsletter, All Ears:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
DID YOU KNOW...
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

...that Tubbi's Buffeteria on the first floor of the WDW
Dolphin Resort has Length of Stay Refillable Travel Mugs?
They are $10.60 (including tax) and good for soda or coffee
only at Tubbi's, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a
week.

Pure Gold

As a Gold Preferred Guest, you deserve special treatment—and we give it to you. Additional privileges are offered to Gold Preferred Guests—after just 10 stays (or 25 nights) in a calendar year—to make your travel exceptional.

Gold Preferred Guest Benefits

As a Gold Preferred Guest you'll enjoy the following additional benefits:

More StarpointsSM: Gold Preferred Guests earn 3 Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent(1)—a 50% bonus over other Preferred Guests.

Lower Threshold: You have a lower minimum transfer to frequent flyer miles—just 1,500 Starpoints.

Upgrades: Enjoy a Preferred Room(2) at check in, whenever available.

Little Extras: Take advantage of personalized check in, a morning newspaper and 4 p.m. late check out.(3)

1 Or equivalent in foreign currency at time of check out.

2 A Preferred Room is defined as a superior room such as a room on a higher floor, a corner room or a newly renovated room.

3 based on availability at some resorts

Thanks for your help everyone. I knew I could count on you.

kml2000- I don't remember much about the straight "A"s, but it seems like it was for the report card...not necessarily all year. Maybe someone else remembers?

We did the Straight A's thing a few days ago. They did glance at the report card but they didn't seem to be checking for a defined standard. I'm pretty sure if they even saw mostly A's they wouldn't give you a hard time. My kids are given number grades with 90-100 being an A but they never asked me about it. The benefit of getting the ice cream with the A's is they also get a really nice baseball style hat. My 4 year old got the passport since he didn't have a report card. We took it to the bell stand and they stamped the whole card:) what a nice guy!

Another nice thing was that one daughter (Miss Picky) doesn't like ice cream. We asked for a brownie instead and they said it was OK.:rolleyes:

Thanks Debbie7452. I was afraid I may have dreamed up the report card thing in hopes of keeping my son on the right track!
We do the numerical grades here in Austin too. I've got a younger child that will be able to take advantage of the passport.

We were there in June and our desk person was new. She checked everything including my RN info and the report cards. Since my son only had straight A's this last quarter I have to assume that it is by grading periods. I have to admit that I did use this straight A program as an inspiration to get A's. It was fun for them. Be sure to mention this at check in.

Last summer we forgot DD's report card, and she wanted to participate in the promo for "fun"! We went to the front desk and informed them we did not have her report card, but she has all A's (Which she does). They did not even bat an eye...they gave her a straight A's club baseball cap, and the passport! It was fun...and the Dolphin will not deny any child admittance into this promotion (even w/B's & C's). It is mostly to "promote" excellence rather than reward it! ;) So...don't fret. RELAX and ENJOY!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter