• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dolphin swim on western?

Barnsquad

Mouseketeer
I've searched back recently looking for any info on a possible dolphin swim excursion on the western. No luck.
Does anyone have info on one? My 11 year has dreamed about this for years now and we weren't able to do the new Disney one in Orlando last year.

Any good excursion for older kids who like to snorkle on western which we shouldn't miss?

Thanks for info

We booked our Western excursions through Shoretrips.com. Lots of information and many choices on their website. We weren't happy with a dolphin encounter nor spending half a day to snorkel with the stingrays as offered through DCL. We booked the dolphin swim on Cozumel and on Grand Cayman we're set with a two hour Snorkel with the Stingrays that turned out to be through the "Captain Marvin's" that everyone on the boards seems to rave about.
I picked Shoretrips because they have a great cancelation policy and trips are fully refunded if for some reason the Cruise ship does not make port. They were very helpful when we needed to add another child to our group. Which brings me to: book the dolphin swim early! It was two and a half months prior to our cruise when we added the additional child and our original time had no more openings available. Shoretrips did all the fussing around required to get us all together at another time.
Now, all that being said, our trip isn't until February so with any luck it all goes as well I hope it will.

We are also planning to go with Captain Marvin's - they have a great website also.

PS TEAMMOM011- Your name and address caught my eye - I'm a team mom traveling TO Vancouver this weekend with my son's hockey team....definately is a small world!!

two4ruff-let me guess. . . Mountain View Ice Arena? It's right around the corner from us and I think it's the only ice arena in Vancouver. How far are you having to travel?

teammom011- yep, that's the place! We're driving over from the Spokane area, hope the weather holds up!

Sorry to turn this thread into "neighborhood" chatter!:rolleyes:

We booked directly with http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/swim.htm
This is who DCL uses for the "encounter" but we booked the swim with them directly. We're not cruising until August 2003 but there is limited space and it sells out quickly. You have to pay when you reserve but they said they would refund if for some reason the ship doesn't go to Cozumel, etc.

If you go, let us know how it is.

The highlight of our 11/9 Western was the dolphin swim in Cozumel.

We booked the swim directly with Dolphin Discovery. DCL only offers the Dolphin Encounter. It was well worth it!

We were on a waiting list for a couple of months, but then something opened up.

The price directly with DD was only a few dollars more than the DCL Encounter. Our price also included admission to Chankanaab Park and the Sea Lion/Parrot Show. The kids loved the jungle trail with the replicas of the ruins and although it was rough weather the day we were there, it looked like great snorkeling, too. We bought the video of the dolphin swim. It's great!! Our group consisted of our family of four and only two others. I highly recommend this experience!!!!!!

We booked via email with a lady named Marian Davies. She was great and always responded promptly to all our questions. Here's her contact information:

Marian Davies
Manager, Internet Reservations Department,
Dolphin Discovery, Cancun.
www.dolphindiscovery.com
www.cancuntours.com
E-mail: mdavies@dolphindiscovery.com.mx
Tel: + 52.998.849.4757
Fax: + 52.998.849.4758

Linda

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's worth it. But the rest of our party wants to do the catamaran. Has anyone been able to coordinate both during the stop over in Cozumel? Or does the catamaran ride take up most of the day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter