Dolphin transportation??

leebee

DIS Veteran
We are coming to Disney at Christmas 2019! We have a free dining package at AllStars Music but I'm thinking about swapping to the Dolphin. I've never stayed there before, so have some questions:

>Is Magical Express available from MCO to the Dolphin?
>If not, what do you recommend for airport service (on our travel days, we arrive at MCO after 10pm, leave for home at 9am)?
>I know the Dolphin participates in Disney Transportation to parks and resorts; is the service reliable, regular like if we were staying at a Disney resort or is it hit-or-miss like some off-site hotels' shuttle service?
>Is there a car rental location at the Dolphin/Swan? We have a friend in Cocoa Beach we'd like to go visit.
>If we were to do an airport hotel on arrival night (to save some money), are there any with good shuttle service to MCO that you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I've been searching but info is all over the place and I'm not finding the answers I'm looking for!

No magical express to dolphin. Taxi, Uber, Lyft, towncar.

You can rent a car at the Dolphin.

Buses to parks from Swan/Dolphin are the same as from Disney-owned resorts.

@leebee
Swan/Dolphin can be a bit confusing as they are on property, but they don't have all the benefits as they are not owned by Disney. So things like Magical Express, Magic Bands, Charging back to your room and using Disney Gift Cards are things that don't work there. You can use previous Magic Bands or buy your own if you want. If you are a AAA member do bring your card along as there are often discounts at the restaurants.

Our last stay was at the Swan, we grabbed an Uber/Lyft and went straight from MCO to the Swan, no issues and ran right about $30.

Over the years we've always had good response times with the Bus system at S/D. The bus will pick up/drop off first at the Swan then Dolphin, during slow seasons it is sometimes shared with the Boardwalk if so then that is the first pickup/drop off location.

We used the car rental at Dolphin, they offer either National or Alamo, open M-S 8-4, though the valet can check the return in later if needed.

A great source of information is right on this site in the Walt Disney World SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORTS Information & Questions thread.

I always book Tony Hinds for private car service

The Disboards also has a transportation company that many use

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter