Don’t EVER Give Up on Those Hard-to-Get FP’s!

KCSherri

Perpetual Kid Who Always Believes in the Magic
Hubby and I are currently here at Disney World.

Sixty days ago, while trying to obtain FP’s for Hollywood Studios, Slinky Dog Dash was completely unavailable. Hubby can’t do any rides that spin, so we opted for RnR, Star Tours, and Frozen.

Yesterday, while at Hollywood Studios, we decided to ride Star Tours standby, as the wait was only 15 minutes. While waiting in line, I signed into MDE to modify our future Star Tours FP’s for something different. Much to my shock, there were FP’s available for Slinky Dog Dash - within the next hour! Woot woot!

We got off Star Tours, and immediately walked over to use our newly-obtained SDD FP’s, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

So, moral of the story - don’t ever give up, and keep checking the day of, to get those FP’s!!!

It does work to keep tweaking if you don't have exactly want you want.

Thanks! We will be there in 3 weeks and there was 1 FP we still have not been able to get, but I keep checking and hoping.

Refresh!!! We will be trying this more than usual on our November trip.

I preach about refreshing the app to everyone that I know when they go. Few people take the advice, but it can have a HUGE benefit.

It can be a huge benefit, but it can also be very hit-or-miss. It really depends on who is dropping the FP you want. If no one drops them, it doesn't matter how much you refresh.

I mean, I plan to refresh frequently on my upcoming trip, but I'm not counting on getting anything good. I'll just treat anything I get that way as a bonus.

Years ago when our phones were still new enough to support the app, I remember looking at the standby line for Haunted Mansion (1 hr) and just for fun checked the FPs for that ride same day. To my surprise, availability popped up for just a couple of hours from that time, which we immediately grabbed. Always keep checking!

When we went in August, we decided to switch parks from AK to MK the night before. So, some lucky people were able to pick up the FoP FPs we dropped. It didn't take me long to get what I wanted in MK either, including 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Plans are great, but you can still be flexible, too.

My advice on FP from my recent trip if you're reliant on same day FP like we were is to keep your expectations low and take what you can get. Time saving is more valuable than you could imagine even if it's something as small as saving 10 mins. I say the luckiest we got on FP was Peter Pan (1 hr saved) and TSMM (40 mins saved). But expect to have to do standby for certain big attractions.

Good for you. I keep hearing about the value of refreshing, but feel as though it's really not something that works well when you're a party of 10 like we always are. Seems better for a small group. Plus, I just don't want to have my nose in my phone the entire trip trying to refresh fp options. Neat for those who can get fp's quickly and easily like you did, though!

I also got same day FP's for SDD during the first week of September. I was so pumped!

Hubby and I are currently here at Disney World.

Sixty days ago, while trying to obtain FP’s for Hollywood Studios, Slinky Dog Dash was completely unavailable. Hubby can’t do any rides that spin, so we opted for RnR, Star Tours, and Frozen.

Yesterday, while at Hollywood Studios, we decided to ride Star Tours standby, as the wait was only 15 minutes. While waiting in line, I signed into MDE to modify our future Star Tours FP’s for something different. Much to my shock, there were FP’s available for Slinky Dog Dash - within the next hour! Woot woot!

We got off Star Tours, and immediately walked over to use our newly-obtained SDD FP’s, and thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

So, moral of the story - don’t ever give up, and keep checking the day of, to get those FP’s!!!
Amazing! Thanks for this. I never check myself, as I always forget. But I will make it a point to check the day of as well! It makes sense if you think about it as quite often plans change. I myself have cancelled/modified FP at the last min before.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yep. Just got back from 5 days and every day I was able to get top level attractions day of. I got FOP, Navi, and Everest at AK Day of, Test Track and Soarin Day of at Epcot. Didnt use it for MK or Studios because we had the AP morning at Studios and MKAH so we rode anything we wanted during those events. But, it will depend on party size, time of year, etc. In my experience using it, even at the busiest times, if you are flexible and dont mind killing time in any line for about 5 minutes refreshing, you can pretty much get anything you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter