DONALD'S PERSONAL THREAD

I'm slowly plodding thru my massive number of pictures to create both an album on Facebook - yeah, i know most of you don't use that but i have a lot of friends from the Disboards who no longer frequent them and have been begging to see what we got up to for 3 weeks - and then a photo book that I'll get printed out. Here's a couple of collages i made of our EPIC FAIL selfies (omg. we're terrible at that!!)
View attachment 474650

Really BAD but we had a blast TRYING!
View attachment 474651
I think you both look amazing! It shows how much fun you have together. Are you getting used to being back yet? It's a system shock for sure. Keep posting, I'm on FB but not one of your friends so here is where I have to see it all.

'm slowly plodding thru my massive number of pictures to create both an album on Facebook - yeah, i know most of you don't use that but i have a lot of friends from the Disboards who no longer frequent them and have been begging to see what we got up to for 3 weeks - and then a photo book that I'll get printed out. Here's a couple of collages i made of our EPIC FAIL selfies (omg. we're terrible at that!!)
I used to hate using my phone to take selfies then I got a Olympus camera that has a selfie mode built into it and now I take not so bad selfies.
Yours look great. Looks like you had a fun time.

I think you both look amazing! It shows how much fun you have together. Are you getting used to being back yet? It's a system shock for sure. Keep posting, I'm on FB but not one of your friends so here is where I have to see it all.
aww thanks! Yeah, we really do enjoy each other's company and often have more fun than the situation merits !! We've been thru a lot over the years and truly are each other's support system.

Coming home is always rough but this time it's particularly brutal. The elimination diet I'm on is kicking my butt 😩

side note, never have too many friends, if'n you want to connect on Facebook, send me a private message... this goes for anyone btw! Few caveats, if you're not 100% affirming of the LGBTQ community, or supportive of mental health issues please don't even bother. Both of those are deal breakers for me.

Last edited:

a quick poll in the Airmiles thread was met with a resounding yes to revive this thread. I'll start with a couple of pictures to set the tone! First of many selfie attempts (gawd we're terrible at that!) while waiting at Pearson shows hubby reasonably excited because things were just getting started and I'd given him a belated Christmas present of the entire boxed set of Psych that we could start watching on the plane. Didn't end up happening though because after sitting on the tarmac for over an hour waiting for a dozen people from Montreal to arrive, I fell asleep 😴. The freezing rain had already started there so their plane needed to be de-iced but lucky for them, WestJet held our plane for them.
Screenshot_20210113-231944_Gallery.jpg
By the time we finally arrived in Orlando we were tired and hungry and hubby was no longer impressed with the thought of 3 weeks worth of pictures! Exhibit A, waiting for the fake monorail to take us to the terminal so we could check in at the Hyatt, drop our bags and get something to eat in the food court (he didn't even know yet that we were too late, they'd already closed!)

Screenshot_20210113-232814_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Once we finally made our way down to pick up our bags we turned around and went back up to check into the Hyatt, giggling again like a couple of fools over turning a freezing rain storm into a found day in Disney. It was freakishly hot even at 9 pm and the smell of Florida was unmistakable, you know, as soon as you get off the plane and start walking towards the terminal you get a whiff of "fresh-ish" air and the humidity it carries is somehow different. It was eerily quiet everywhere, and heading up to the check-in desk made us feel like we were in some kind of exclusive club! I always get a kick out of checking in when i know the room has been paid for with Airmiles but the fact that I had done it less than 24 hours before had me slightly worried that we'd be in a broom closet somewhere. Going up the glass elevator and then walking down a ridiculously long hallway didn't alleviate my concerns until we opened the door! OMG, like seriously, the room was huge, the bathroom incredible (don't think i took any picutres, might be on my computer i'll look later) - the lights were motion activated and the clock displayed on the mirror over a HUGE sink! I would never hesitate to stay there again! The room overlooked the concourse but since it was late and we left before 7:30 I have no idea if it would be noisy or not!
Never a holiday to me if I can't sleep in a king-sized bed and this had that plus MORE, the couch was a queen sized pullout, more storage space than you need in a flippin airport hotel it was beyond perfect for the 9 hours we were there :P

Yesterday's announcement that the Magical Express bus will no longer run made me very sad because we decided when we were on our way down to the bus that this is how we would start every trip again, ON PURPOSE! Was amazing to wander down the hall towards the bus in halls that were completely deserted, stepping onto an empty bus and arriving at our resort in under 30 minutes, sad it won't happen again :(
Standing smack in front of the rental car counters at this point, looking one direction and then the other
Won't get to see these happy faces
notice the happy smile compared to the previous night, now he has coffee?

won't get to sit in perfectly framed seats - hubby loves Pluto
And me? DUH also notice how dorky we are in matchy Canadian tshirts :P
won't get to watch PERFECT cartoons honest, this was playing just as we arrived at our resort!

That's it for tonight's update, seems I can only add 10 pictures per post! You said you wanted to see more pictures, careful what you wish for :P

Last edited:
What a walk down memory lane!

That MCO Hyatt is great. I stayed there years ago with my sister-in-law and niece. Our balcony faced outside so different view. But huge room and really convenient.

Agree it's so sad about ME. Short-sighted by Disney. Gives a whole new meaning to Tragical Express now. Sure Mears will offer a limited pay per use shuttle but will never be the same.

A little insider info on the DME situation. Apparently since Uber etc were allowed to pick up at the airport fewer people were using DME. It became a situation that it was no longer cost effective.

Strictly IMO, there will be some sort of similar service when this one ends. It won’t take long for Disney to realize that when people have a greater ability to leave the bubble they take their money with them.

Oh that Florida air smell ! I miss it so much. We stayed in that Hyatt a few times and I distinctly remember how excited my kids were to watch the planes from our room !
As for the Magical Express, I will miss it too but I think the most likely replacement is the Brightline Train that will take guests right to Disney Springs from the airport. Obviously no details yet but I’m hopeful people will be able to connect to their resorts from there (for a fee I’m sure).
I always loved the ME on the way TO Disney but not so much on the way home !

https://www.travelandleisure.com/tr...ons/disney-world-new-brightline-train-station

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!