DONALD'S PERSONAL THREAD

Glad it is going well so far. You have many more adventures to come.

quick update while hubby catches a nap on a couch under the monorail before we head down to the wave for dinner (such a rough life 🤪)
regarding the room:
booked preferred because it came up with the discount for just a tad over $115 a night!
asked for top floor, away from noise, give us the room no one else wants because it's too far from everything else
no connecting door

we're in the dalmatian area but right at the end, essentially at the mighty ducks and we LOVE IT! Yes, we're using the music stops more often because it is closer. Here's views from just outside the door
465130 465131

Last edited:
How noisy do you find that resort? When we stayed at Pop it was unbelievably noisy all night and then starting at 6am or so. But when we stayed at AOA in a Mermaid room near the lake it was so quiet!

How noisy do you find that resort? When we stayed at Pop it was unbelievably noisy all night and then starting at 6am or so. But when we stayed at AOA in a Mermaid room near the lake it was so quiet!
omg .... SOO noisy!!! The cast members who checked us in made sure we're at the very end of the hall on the top floor but there's a family 2 doors down who figured that area in front of our door is the perfect place to put the sunscreen on what must be about 20 children ... ONE. AT. A. TIME! This was after their alarm went off at 6:05 so dad could run and get coffee before he did that task. He goes into the room and brings another screaming child out and the door slams, then talks the entire time he's spraying them, opens the door, slam, comes back out with another slam ... get the picture? Mind you, hubby was still snoring when I quietly got dressed, gathered up my stuff, snagged his coffee cup and came down to the food court so I guess it's subjective? I don't sleep well at home when it's quiet, this doesn't help. Except for the 30 minutes it took them to slather them up yesterday and today it's been really quiet and peaceful, the room is a great sanctuary from the hustle everywhere else.

I grabbed the surface with the plan being I would work on some posts here because I was having trouble getting it to stay connected to the internet and I figured I could set up shop here and use my phone as a hotspot. I say my plan because oopsie, it's not charged 😖
oh well, later today after we switch resorts!
pictures I took of the room, the safe is huge btw, hubby's laptop is 16" deck of cards for reference! Murphy bed down to show how it looks, pretty comfy promise I'll turn these around later!!
20200112_162840.jpg20200113_214713.jpg

Last edited:
Wow-the updated rooms are actually really nice!

We have never stayed there BUT when my cousin got married about 7 years ago quite a few members of the family did.
We went to pick my mom up and waited int he lobby for her to come down.
O.M.G.
It was really really really noisy. Full of kids running around, families coming and going, people excited etc
It was just a drastic comparison to some of the other WDW resort lobbies I had been to and I remember saying to my hubby I think people either love this place or hate it, no in between!

Sorry about that noisy family. And chances are they probably don't even realize how noisy they are :sad2: I can only imagine the noise level in a place like that. As much as I love visiting places like that, I also need to remove myself from that level of energy and noise. It is draining. Hopefully you can find a cozy little corner to recharge and enjoy the quiet.

Love seeing some warm blue skies. Alberta is in the deep freeze this week...and I'm desperately reading and enjoying trip reports to soak up some of the warmth from those pictures. -48 with the windchill is a little extreme for me this year :crazy2: :cold: Can't wait to hear more!!!!

omg .... SOO noisy!!! The cast members who checked us in made sure we're at the very end of the hall on the top floor but there's a family 2 doors down who figured that area in front of our door is the perfect place to put the sunscreen on what must be about 20 children ... ONE. AT. A. TIME! This was after their alarm went off at 6:05 so dad could run and get coffee before he did that task. He goes into the room and brings another screaming child out and the door slams, then talks the entire time he's spraying them, opens the door, slam, comes back out with another slam ... get the picture? Mind you, hubby was still snoring when I quietly got dressed, gathered up my stuff, snagged his coffee cup and came down to the food court so I guess it's subjective? I don't sleep well at home when it's quiet, this doesn't help. Except for the 30 minutes it took them to slather them up yesterday and today it's been really quiet and peaceful, the room is a great sanctuary from the hustle everywhere else.

I grabbed the surface with the plan being I would work on some posts here because I was having trouble getting it to stay connected to the internet and I figured I could set up shop here and use my phone as a hotspot. I say my plan because oopsie, it's not charged 😖
oh well, later today after we switch resorts!
pictures I took of the room, the safe is huge btw, hubby's laptop is 16" deck of cards for reference! Murphy bed down to show how it looks, pretty comfy promise I'll turn these around later!!View attachment 464948View attachment 464949View attachment 464950View attachment 464953View attachment 464955View attachment 464956View attachment 464957

thanks for sharing!! i’m sorry you had so much noise to deal with at such an early hour. i’ve had experiences like that (people treating outdoor walkways/indoor hallways) as extensions of their rooms so many times. i remember an especially bad bunch at beach club. their kids ran up and down the hall forever, like it was their own private track.

where are you moving to today? if i remember, you have a good 4 or so resorts booked this time around?

Love seeing some warm blue skies. Alberta is in the deep freeze this week...and I'm desperately reading and enjoying trip reports to soak up some of the warmth from those pictures. -48 with the windchill is a little extreme for me this year :crazy2: :cold: Can't wait to hear more!!!!

Yes, save us Donald! This cold is unreal.

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Jacqueline...I thought you were staying at POFQ? or did I miss the post about you changing to Movies? We stayed at Movies in July 2018 and found it very loud, similar to Pop Century.

Beautiful . Enjoy your quiet time .
I can’t help wondering if my 4 kids volume ever gets mistaken for 20..lol that said on vacation at Disney I rarely ever have to use my Mama bear voice they want to get up
In the am and go to the parks .. usually on vacation they all get a long too .. vacation it’s a beautiful thing :)

oh my goodness I just LOVE the colour on the wall behind the bed at POFQ.

It looks so calm and serene, and so does your amazing view-what a fantastic room!

Yeah!!! you're at POFQ...I was worried that you changed your reservation to Movies...so glad you got exactly what you wanted...enjoy your stay!!!!

LOL...I can totally relate to noisy hotel neighbours. I seem to be a magnet for them. I've had 13-14 value resort stays and it can be very quiet or it can be very noisy. Really it's just like any place else it all depends on who is around you. Mainly all you hear at the values are the doors slamming and overly loud voices in the corridor....just like all hotels. I think a lot of people leave their common sense and common courtesy at home when they go on vacation. The one thing that drives me nuts is when people let their kids run up and down the corridors and they are usually yelling.

I've got quite a few WDW noisy neighbour stories but my fav is from a time we stayed at POP for 2 weeks. The people next door came in every night around midnight and then got up around 5:30 or 6 am. EVERY SINGLE TIME they came in the kids were wired and would be jumping on the beds and opening and slamming the dresser drawers. Then the parents would be screaming at them. In the mornings the kids were obviously tired and would be crying. Again the parents would be screaming at them. This went on for 3 days and then on the fourth morning my DH got up to go to the washroom right after the screaming began and he tripped but to stop himself from falling he put up his hand and accidental pounded the connecting door. We never heard another sound from next door. :rotfl2:

Yeah!!! you're at POFQ...I was worried that you changed your reservation to Movies...so glad you got exactly what you wanted...enjoy your stay!!!!
NOPE this is just how we fixed the entire hassle created by our nitwit of a travel agent .She never, not once, contacted us until we sent repeated emails, phone calls or even stopped in, no dining reservations made, didn't book FP. A room discount dropped, and we were whining at each other that we really wanted control over the trip. Hubby then realized that while he did the paperwork and submitted his CPP he had been so busy that he neglected to actually PAY himself so he told me to take it as found money and book NEW flights to get the ones we wanted, at the correct fare and for a longer trip. Next booked more nights on both leading and tail end of the stay she booked to have control over how this holiday goes.

I couldn't pass up the deal i got for the nights at Movies but I am very happy it was only for the 2 nights.

We stayed at Movies a few years ago and loved it but first week of April it was not very busy so we never had to deal with any noise. We were near Woody. Naturally every time we walked by we cracked the same now that's a huge woody joke. We only did that once. Even at the age of our boys now it's Universal for us and we only stay at Royal Pacific, no more budget hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!