DONALD'S PERSONAL THREAD

Apparently they got rid of the make your own pasta and the make your own yogurt at POR. Bummer, we'll be there in October and I was looking forward to it too...

They got rid of all the create your own options at POFQ which is a real bummer. In the morning we used to get the create your own omelet and now they are premade and your choices are ham & cheese or western. We also loved the create your own pasta for dinner and now the option is chicken alfredo and the pasta when we were there was whole wheat. It was not very good. In past visits we ate quite a few meals in the food court and this last trip we found the only thing we got were the beignets because they were made to order.

Food options at any of the food courts we've been to have gone downhill, seems like they're eliminating the items that made each resort different. Hubby says the pizza is truly disgusting, like store bought frozen ones that they decided to nuke and then toss into the oven for a brief crisp up.

Apparently the gumbo is pretty good at POFQ. When staying there last year we never ate lunch or dinner at the resort because we would always take the boat to Disney Springs instead. Too many good restaurants at DS...

I never thought of doing cards like that. Basically, my restrictions are 3/4 of your safe foods. :guilty: The worst foods for me are beef and dairy but I also react to soy, pea proteins, many spices, garlic and anything fried (I sometimes cheat for that one). I don't like fish or seafood so that doesn't help. If I stick to chicken I'm usually okay but it gets boring after a while.

Last edited:
I never thought of doing cards like that. Basically, my restrictions are 3/4 of your safe foods. :guilty: The worst foods for me are beef and dairy but I also react to soy, pea proteins, many spices, garlic and anything fried (I sometimes cheat for that one). I don't like fish or seafood so that doesn't help. If I stick to chicken I'm usually okay but it gets bring after a while.
I would 100% recommend you try using something like this, every single person who has seen them, from the cashier in the food court, to the wait staff and all of the chefs LOVE them. It provides a clear list for them to follow and has actually made it obvious that I need proper care taken with my meals. When i would list them off it sounded more like i'm a picky adult. I printed them up double-sided on business cards.

Forgot to mention that we ended up piloting the Falcon , OH EM GEE -- what a blast!

Yesterday was left open in the schedule for hubby to just lounge by the pool, read a book, nap outside .. get the picture? I guess i should have forwarded those plans to Mother Nature because instead we needed to find things to do that didn't involve being outside for extended periods of time to avoid shivering. Eventually we settled on hitting up Beaches and Cream for an early dinner with plans to wander the Boardwalk first. Took the bus to the Studios and about 10 feet down the pathway I started complaining that i couldn't feel my fingers and that my nose was gonna fall off (ok, so i was whining but it really was cold!) After dinner we bought a fleece blankie for hubby to bundle up in today and headed over towards the International gateway to hop on the Skyliner (there was NO way i was walking along the water again!) and it was AWESOME! We'll have to ride it again in the daylight and perhaps on a less windy day 😱

last post of the day before I turn off the lights and try to get some sleep so I'm ready for another magical day! (Magic kingdom on the agenda)
today was epcot in the freezing cold ... but we did find a pathway to the exit that's not clearly marked so we were able to get some empty shots!

20200122_185716.jpg20200122_190329.jpg20200122_190927.jpg

Magic Kingdom day .. in the rain .. and cold .. but can't keep a Duck down! Off we went anyway, ponchos in tow (including one for the scooter :P ) Wonderful meal at Liberty Tree Tavern, this was one meal i knew before we left home exactly what I'd be eating because the chef had called and arranged a safe meal. Hit up a few fav rides plus one of hubby's bucket-list items, the silly steam boat before the heavens open and we were forced to take cover under the track for the people mover for close to an hour. Once we finished our Space Mountain FP and hunted down a special magic shot I had discovered online we headed to EPCOT to get me an EPIC popcorn bucket. Super easy to do now that the entire monorail system in inside the security bubble you don't need to go thru bag check twice!
I was secretly hoping we'd head back to the MK for fireworks but knew hubby needed to deal with a smoldering mess (not quite a dumpster fire but headed that direction) and i had laundry to do so we hopped on the skyliner to the Studios and then caught a bus back here.
Check out my cute popcorn bucket AND the gondola we actually rode in
popcorn bucket.jpg
Some funky, artsie shots from the steam boat .. before the rain started things were pretty calm

And the final, very fitting piece of transportation roulette

Last edited:
last night before we head home and neither of us wants to leave 😭

this final night is a single night reservation and when we got back from playing on the skyliner again we found another surprise from the staff20200129_165821.jpg

we spent some time wandering around the resort taking pictures ... please tell me we're not the only ones who think this a rather rude fountain 🤣20200128_114121.jpg

our last park day usually starts at the magic kingdom and then we see what happens. Decided to start with the haunted mansion and got stuck for a bit, obviously we were still bored when the picture was taken
Screenshot_20200129-195547_Disney World.jpg

and finished up the day with one more iconic castle picture to show how quiet the park was Screenshot_20200129-195750_Disney World.jpg

I'm slowly plodding thru my massive number of pictures to create both an album on Facebook - yeah, i know most of you don't use that but i have a lot of friends from the Disboards who no longer frequent them and have been begging to see what we got up to for 3 weeks - and then a photo book that I'll get printed out. Here's a couple of collages i made of our EPIC FAIL selfies (omg. we're terrible at that!!)
selfie .jpg

Really BAD but we had a blast TRYING!
selfie 2.jpg

I'm slowly plodding thru my massive number of pictures to create both an album on Facebook - yeah, i know most of you don't use that but i have a lot of friends from the Disboards who no longer frequent them and have been begging to see what we got up to for 3 weeks - and then a photo book that I'll get printed out. Here's a couple of collages i made of our EPIC FAIL selfies (omg. we're terrible at that!!)
View attachment 474650

Really BAD but we had a blast TRYING!
View attachment 474651
Having fun is more important! You two look like having a magical time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!