"Don't anger the dolls"-A France and DLP Trip, June '18-COMPLETED (4/22-ride comparisons)

Part 15 Swiss Family Treehouse

And over to explore La Cabane des Robinson (Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse). I think this one was pretty much the same as WDW and DLR (pre-Tarzan)

SwOqCPz.jpg
R33mIP8.jpg
NwPwbAv.jpg
RCzIDv6.jpg
086kGeA.jpg
NcVnHQH.jpg
wbnyolo.jpg
CNQpgEI.jpg
m7piTqf.jpg
7x2ZZzZ.jpg
IP1ibKY.jpg
LH9sVo8.jpg

I next checked out Hakuna Matata QS place – again so detailed (but I didn’t like food options so I didn’t bother to schedule a meal there)

xPBFUuw.jpg
QZ6Vh5T.jpg
vzlyb6c.jpg
yTeRaeT.jpg
ZWLVeng.jpg
orevG08.jpg
O1ADkLF.jpg
nxSjPDu.jpg

And I headed back out of Adventureland.

E7nlHnJ.jpg
OL4haVI.jpg
dWT63HB.jpg
sx20Qmg.jpg

Where I visited the Dragon again!

717ASlz.jpg
GhKeyGn.jpg
j8S9rUY.jpg
qdU79Ox.jpg
gsAt1Kz.jpg
gaJlPEr.jpg

I made my way to the Merlin shop upstairs, where I got to watch some people make custom wands. There is a whole wand ceremony, which is pretty cool! You can also buy pre-made ones that are specially designed (like Cinderella or Snow White). I think they have Halloween and Christmas versions during those holidays.

g6NDtyD.jpg
ntMmcH5.jpg
43PMVIy.jpg
g0ojAnQ.jpg
KCeNJb6.jpg

Part 16 Parade, Round 2

I think at that point I realized it was almost time for the parade. Even though I had already seen it, I wanted to catch it again, because it was Guest Star Tuesday! Before the parade, every Tuesday, DLP has a special character (often rare) do a procession up the parade route. So I was looking forward to seeing who I would get.

I ended up finding a rope spot right by Small World (which is the start of the parade route). I was hoping to sit, but the kids on either side of me decided they had to stand and totally press against the rope (despite CMs asking them to stay back), but that totally blocked my view and they were also starting to push in front of me, so I got stuck standing after all. I did let a little girl take my rope spot though so she could see.

What my front row view turned into…

w7MDZAj.jpg

So, who was my guest star? Beauty and the Beast… yomp, yomp… Yeah, a bit underwhelming since she’s in the parade normally (just with the Beast in human form). Recently they’ve had characters like Merlin or Talespin & King Louie (in his Talespin outfit), or Mulan dressed as Ping. Oh well!

u5yMD8I.jpg

Some parade pics (I stood on the opposite side of the street this day)

scaNluS.jpg
iy20jri.jpg
tKL6DSE.jpg

I think Chip and Dale were making fun of the next dancers coming up!

RLMHs0w.jpg
LqzNHe5.jpg

74S41LC.jpg
HYoAAmQ.jpg
6NN82sa.jpg
CJbfP45.jpg
VkGv03h.jpg
2HLR4rI.jpg
XbzltlE.jpg
LFzDAza.jpg
NNS8Vzg.jpg
9PgKOJ0.jpg

One of the ladies behind me was confused why the dragon didn’t breathe fire until I told her about WDW’s incident and even pulled up a photo on my phone!

xsddorQ.jpg
YdSkHN3.jpg

Js7YT74.jpg
xPn3Ifv.jpg

The frozen float was being refurbed, so they had Anna and Elsa ride a carriage.

E9G3fgf.jpg
ka7KaYx.jpg

And they brought out the Princess float from Princess vs Pirates, so it ended on a good note. (looking at these photos I realized Crush was also missing, but I don’t remember if I just didn’t take photos or if he was being refurbed too).

PQsqjU8.jpg
DKqJx7l.jpg
AgdIBiw.jpg
BhGNvVC.jpg
mACo5ss.jpg

Coming up: Discoveryland, Dinner, Princess Waltz​

The Lion King restaurant looked amazing!!

One of the reasons I want to visit DLP is for the dragon, honestly!

Adventure Isle is so amazing; I've barely scratched the surface on walking and exploring those trails. I don't think I've been in the caves, yet, but they look pretty awesome. I'll have to check them out next time.

Wow, your "rare character" was kind of a letdown. Two people who are already in the parade? Ah well....

I love them too! They were the ones hardest to put back! I think sometimes they meet at Tokyo, so fingers crossed!
I will cross my fingers that you get to meet Bernard and Bianca!!! THAT would be amazing!

Oh, I LOVE this!!

This is really awesome!!! I love wandering at WDW, but boy, DLP's wandering is seriously next level!! Awesome that you took the time to really explore these pathways and areas to enjoy all the little details that I bet a lot of people miss.

Talespin & King Louie (in his Talespin outfit),
Um, yes, Beauty and the Beast are ridiculous when they could have been from Talespin!!!!!! Ugh. Such disappointment.

I've been reading your TR from the beginning over the past week or so, and I'm finally all caught up! Can I just say what an amazing TR this is! Wonderful details and gorgeous pictures! I'm going to Paris and DLP in May, and I took so many notes from your TR! I will definitely have to check out some of your other trips when I get a chance!

Way too many things to comment on at this point, but one comment about your most recent update. I found it odd that they kept Belle and (human) Beast in the parade in their carriage when they were the special guests at the beginning of the parade. Ummmmm... how can they be in two places at once, DLP?? ;-)

I've been reading your TR from the beginning over the past week or so, and I'm finally all caught up! Can I just say what an amazing TR this is! Wonderful details and gorgeous pictures! I'm going to Paris and DLP in May, and I took so many notes from your TR! I will definitely have to check out some of your other trips when I get a chance!

Way too many things to comment on at this point, but one comment about your most recent update. I found it odd that they kept Belle and (human) Beast in the parade in their carriage when they were the special guests at the beginning of the parade. Ummmmm... how can they be in two places at once, DLP?? ;-)
Thanks for reading along!

I think they could get away with it because Belle/Beast started at front of the park and made their way to the back, then the parade started from back and made its way to the front (so the guest stars totally finish their route before the parade even starts). I think it was the same "friend of Belle" as the guest star and in the parade - I tried comparing photos side by side and they were similar enough it probably was the same girl. But yeah, I wish it had been a truly unique character! Though I guess Beast doesn't usually show up at DLP, so for them, that was unique?

I have a question going way back in your TR. I am planning my day at Versailles right now, I will be there on a musical fountains day in May. Where did you find the schedule of which fountains will go off at what times? I can’t find that level of detail anywhere on the Versailles website.

:wave: Found your TR a couple of weeks ago and have been reading when I could, finally caught up now, I have really enjoyed reading the Paris parts and now the DLP parts, too. I am planning a trip in early November to stay at DLP for a few days and we have tickets to a concert in Paris (a-ha :love::music: the main reason for the trip, but picked the Paris show so I could get my Disney fix, too... :earsboy: ) We plan to take the train into Paris on Saturday, the day of the concert and explore the city, go to the concert and then back to DLP after the concert. Hopefully that works out, I have heard the train runs pretty late (I don't expect the concert to be over too late, maybe 10 or 11) and it will be Saturday night so I would think if any day it would run late, it would be that day. Too many things to comment on at this point but the early parts of your TR have helped me plan a couple things to do that day. We might possibly go back another day too if there is a lot we missed. Looking forward to the rest of your report. :thumbsup2

Wow, Adventure Land looks amazing there! I'm trying to just skim the pics so I will be surprised a bit still when I get there though!

The Lion King restaurant looked amazing!!

One of the reasons I want to visit DLP is for the dragon, honestly!
That dragon is awesome! I wanted to visit her every day but didn't end up doing it twice (I literally was at the airport on my last day and realized I hadn't said goodbye... for a moment I considered hopping a train back since my ticket was still good but I realized by the time I did that, the entry would be closed for the fireworks and I would have wasted $$)!

Adventure Isle is so amazing; I've barely scratched the surface on walking and exploring those trails. I don't think I've been in the caves, yet, but they look pretty awesome. I'll have to check them out next time.

Wow, your "rare character" was kind of a letdown. Two people who are already in the parade? Ah well....
Watch out for Evie and Landon! They could get lost down there!

I will cross my fingers that you get to meet Bernard and Bianca!!! THAT would be amazing!

Oh, I LOVE this!!

This is really awesome!!! I love wandering at WDW, but boy, DLP's wandering is seriously next level!! Awesome that you took the time to really explore these pathways and areas to enjoy all the little details that I bet a lot of people miss.

Um, yes, Beauty and the Beast are ridiculous when they could have been from Talespin!!!!!! Ugh. Such disappointment.
Yeah I loved just wandering and letting myself get lost! I think I need to spend more time on DL and WDW's Tom Sawyer Island now!

Great pics! Especially of the parade, even though you didn't get a rare character in the beginning!!
Thanks!

Wow, Adventure Land looks amazing there! I'm trying to just skim the pics so I will be surprised a bit still when I get there though!
I know! I hope you don't get too spoiled!

I have a question going way back in your TR. I am planning my day at Versailles right now, I will be there on a musical fountains day in May. Where did you find the schedule of which fountains will go off at what times? I can’t find that level of detail anywhere on the Versailles website.
I don't quite remember where - I know I read a lot of sites and tips beforehand! When I was there, it basically went the fountains in the very center went off morning and afternoon. The ones on the south side went off just in the morning. Plus the 3 largest ones went off intermittently all day long. The ones on the north side went off just in the afternoon. The afternoon was 1.5 hrs, while the morning was just 1 hr, but some of the fountains only went from :15-:45. I think the afternoon session actually ended up starting 1 hr earlier than I though it was going to (online the guides say 3:30-5, but it actually went 2:30-4). They did have large signs that day, and I don't know if that was just because it was in the beginning of the season or what? They also have a map of the fountains that gives more detailed info about which ones are going off at which times. It's certainly a lot to juggle schedule wise and I wish I could have spent even more time there!
:wave: Found your TR a couple of weeks ago and have been reading when I could, finally caught up now, I have really enjoyed reading the Paris parts and now the DLP parts, too. I am planning a trip in early November to stay at DLP for a few days and we have tickets to a concert in Paris (a-ha :love::music: the main reason for the trip, but picked the Paris show so I could get my Disney fix, too... :earsboy: ) We plan to take the train into Paris on Saturday, the day of the concert and explore the city, go to the concert and then back to DLP after the concert. Hopefully that works out, I have heard the train runs pretty late (I don't expect the concert to be over too late, maybe 10 or 11) and it will be Saturday night so I would think if any day it would run late, it would be that day. Too many things to comment on at this point but the early parts of your TR have helped me plan a couple things to do that day. We might possibly go back another day too if there is a lot we missed. Looking forward to the rest of your report. :thumbsup2
Welcome to the TR! I don't know how late the trains run. In the summer people did give advice that people wouldn't have time to watch the fireworks (at 11) and make the last train, though I'm looking online and it seems the RER runs pretty late. I don't know if anything changes in the fall so I guess I would probably check closer to your dates? Sorry I'm not so much of a help in that regard!

(just a disclaimer - there were some negative things that happened this evening that frustrated me a bit, but I don't think it changed my overall opinion of the park)

Part 17 Bella Notte and Discoverland

After the parade, I stepped in the Bella Notte restaurant (I was standing nearby) to check out the details (and a good thing I did because I forgot it was closed the rest of my trip; and I actually walked in while it was cleaning up for the day). Very cute and again, awesome detailing (though I think the food is pretty generic theme park that you can find at other locations in the park).

uR29mp0.jpg
7Mau0XX.jpg
9UglMtp.jpg
2CbJObh.jpg
orkkq4L.jpg
n7aqZUq.jpg
dmc02Ar.jpg
YLbf3dW.jpg
YOlTCba.jpg
Wd182F0.jpg
MziDsCN.jpg
84q8sZV.jpg
WOKf6pl.jpg
IpwEdzH.jpg
e5wHmZO.jpg
zvNNRm1.jpg
sMa954m.jpg

More Fantasyland bathroom signs!

1efR1F5.jpg
TCq6osq.jpg

And now, time for Discoveryland exploring! Yes… I did a lot of exploring this day!

WqB3OsW.jpg
UhvHZcK.jpg
pXPcI5h.jpg
279KA7d.jpg
XUJSjaM.jpg
TFjQFqs.jpg
b27DVLL.jpg
3lfJIUd.jpg

The main shop in Discoveryland: Constellations.

oJpiSsy.jpg
UdQsaBi.jpg
RRwznBn.jpg

I ended up buying this shirt. And maybe another one (I did end up with 2 shirts I just don’t know if I got them both here or one somewhere else…). This design was one of the rare ones that also appeared to be in a size that would fit me. And I actually wear it fairly often, plus it will be making an appearance in my February TR (when I ever get around to writing it).
ReD9KvY.jpg

Part 18 A Disappointing Dinner

Café Hyperion and Videopolis. It is HUGE inside! Really get the feeling of an aircraft hanger, and I had no idea so I was a bit awed when I went in!

TSPq32p.jpg
Vor3HL7.jpg
DdgR14a.jpg
88gksS8.jpg
Xi679Ku.jpg
hvL8BKc.jpg
ZFnHm89.jpg
wtdVpYG.jpg
kOSbYTX.jpg
8UFozLd.jpg

They were playing an episode of Star Wars Rebels on the tv screens.

a3uIeRI.jpg

I still had plenty of time before my dinner reservation, so I ended up heading to the top of Fantasyland and taking another whirl on Casey Jr! I think I initially wanted to ride the Storybook Canal Boats, but those had a longer line.

4YU2tFz.jpg
KPXKydk.jpg

I think this was one of the great CM interactions I witnessed. There was a little kid (probably age 2) at the front of the line who was just over it. So she laid down on the ground. The CM laid down next to her and started chatting. Which made her happy again and she got up willingly. It was pretty adorable!

nXKAPPO.jpg
E0iQPEj.jpg
gsh1HYL.jpg
eK1f2CB.jpg
AIV3lQ3.jpg
iUirpGn.jpg

Finally it was time for dinner, which was going to be at Plaza Gardens Restaurant. It’s basically their version of Plaza Inn, only it’s a buffet. Unfortunately this was not a very good experience.

9ccFpdr.jpg
VI7pgXZ.jpg

The meal didn’t start out on the right foot, first with a CM who was just rude. He basically ripped my Magic card out of my hand when I was starting to hand it over to pay (you pay in advance). And then he didn’t scan it right, so I tried to show him what to do and he got all annoyed and didn’t listen so pulled over a supervisor – who did exactly what I was telling him! Ugh!

The bad vibes continued when I was seated in the most awkward table. Rather than being further out of the way (which I tend to like to do when I’m eating alone), he pulled out a 2-top to what felt like the center of the walkway (the carpet was even slightly different which I know is meant to be an aisle). So people had to constantly walk around me. The restaurant itself was also very chaotic and noisy and just full of unruly children.
Not my cup of tea.

They also do weird things with birthdays at DLP. I know it happened at Plaza Gardens and also Inventions (though not as often as Inventions). When it's someones birthday they literally change the music in the entire restaurant and it goes on this long loop of "It's your birthday, Happy Birthday", over and over and over again. Some CMs come out and give the people a cake (I'm pretty sure its one you have to pay for in advance). At first it was cute, but this literally happened every 5 minutes. It's hard to enjoy your meal when you have this annoying song coming over the speakers all the time!

It also took forever for someone to come take my drink order (it’s included in this buffet), and it felt even worse because the waiters were just constantly walking past me, seeing an empty table and me staring at them, and ignoring me!

Yj4hxTC.jpg
dOOHbYc.jpg

Then during the buffet I’d be in line to get something, and suddenly would see a hand, reach under me and grab tongs to pull out something. Like a triangle was made with my arm, body, and the tray – they would pull items through the center of that. It just really was ridiculous!

I ended up feeling so out-of-it I didn’t even end up taking buffet photos! It was pretty basic stuff. I think I liked the ravioli pursettes. And I think most of the meats were seasoned weirdly (like currys) so I didn’t partake. Though I guess I did get some version of stew.

04YUbVP.jpg
vTVRIqb.jpg

Oh and I lied, I took photos of the desserts. Though none of it was that great. It was pretty much worse than the worst WDW dessert party…

3xOKzcI.jpg
uLTW5eu.jpg
I2le1Zc.jpg
LEmMO3d.jpg

So, yeah, I don’t really recommend Plaza Gardens. I think other people do like it, but just not for me! I would have rather saved money and done QS or something like that.

While I was at dinner I realized how exhausted I really was. Being in France for 2.5 weeks will do that to you! I had originally hoped to stay for Illuminations again, but ended up cancelling those plans and was going to head back relatively early.

Part 19 Princess Starlight Waltz and the worst guests

After dinner the Princess Starlight Waltz show was setting up at the Castle Stage, so I stopped to watch that.

NhIyRiZ.jpg

I got a front row spot (off-center though), but, of course, curse of the horrible park guest. As the show is going on (and I’m sitting on the ground), a woman lifts her kid OVER me and puts them on the ground in front of me! In the area beyond the rope/tape/ground markers! It was truly ridiculous. She did the same thing for her 2 other kids and I actually turned back and yelled at her, but she just motioned for them to stay there. And of course the kids ended up turning back and giving me a dirty look! I was sooo pissed off and just over it! At least I could see above their heads, the little girl next to me who had been waiting patiently the whole time now had these bigger kids sitting right in front of her, so she had to stand up to see over them! ARGH!!!! I actually ran into her mom in one of the Main Street shops later that evening and we both sympathized with each other!

My view, pre-kids

AZSf8Kn.jpg

And with kids…

Tbb4uzu.jpg
1q1VmtI.jpg

Ok, anyways, back, to the show. The basic premise is there are 2 storytellers and one doesn’t know anything about the princesses. So he tries to match up the stories to the princess and fails miserably. (You can see he gives fans to each of the princesses, but gives the one with a magic lamp to Cinderella and the red apple to Belle, etc). But they get it all worked out and do a dance and its very pretty. And they are joined by their princes. The fountains also go off.

(please excuse the backlit photos)

E417N5Z.jpg
XI439PE.jpg
Sc38urw.jpg
x6XvWeK.jpg
1zA094L.jpg
aPL8I8c.jpg
33DC17R.jpg
fnCUUOI.jpg
Kq1KMUt.jpg

A video of the show:

It was actually very lovely and I'd recommend stopping to see it (though maybe don't try to get a front row spot...)

I decided it was time to call it quits. And yes, the sun is shining brightly but it was getting later! Remember sunset wasn’t until after 10pm!

I5OQpyO.jpg

I walked down Main Street and stopped into a bunch of the stores (darn scrim for ruining my view down Main Street)

AOwqZYg.jpg

Their ice cream parlor actually serves Ben and Jerrys! I never stopped in though

XVmHcxF.jpg

Z7eRR8u.jpg
ECxBnWA.jpg
ODrAazG.jpg
u4HJG2T.jpg

Some store browsing

3wMnVyY.jpg
vjbnw25.jpg
xSBXo5B.jpg

The breakable store – i.e. the place I wouldn’t buy anything from despite wanting it all!

zKa27fQ.jpg
agp8iIN.jpg
8ev3gHc.jpg
HnGGy7J.jpg
uUExlRz.jpg

I considered the attractions poster but decided not to get it in the end.

k8EJH9Q.jpg

Some cool displays for each of the rail stations

TXZQBVN.jpg
rP0LZgg.jpg

Part 20 More Main Street

In the little alleyway along Main Street I ran into a custodial CM who complimented me on my shirt (it was all Disney emojis). We chatted a bit and I said how gorgeous everything is. He pointed out the window displays, including one with 2/3 of the Aristocats. Apparently the 3rd one was stolen in broad daylight by a guest who just walked in and took it out! I asked him how he can deal with all these horrible guests. His answer: “Yoga”!

vwAHXKa.jpg
8uPFuTj.jpg
Dyvabjh.jpg
biKtEmj.jpg

The motor store (really apparel, but cool props, minus one Aristocat)

xjcsVH7.jpg
26Sk2VG.jpg
Q2HyB3K.jpg
mLhv0ce.jpg
4qpCKYI.jpg
pwF9H8W.jpg

So, they are limited in the actual shirts they have, but a whole display of boxer/briefs…

OZsdpBb.jpg

The candy store is super adorable and looks like a circus/carnival inside. The columns are full of candy!

xovDRvP.jpg
ffqgBgk.jpg
tczbRqF.jpg
fvBPTkC.jpg
DqkWJLJ.jpg
Nyl7nub.jpg
JpgUhCz.jpg

The Emporium. I like the throwbacks to Anaheim and Orlando versions! The years are just off by a century!

acClDj4.jpg
MVhNNpv.jpg
k7cqCKo.jpg
KxaSj4g.jpg
o1HT44g.jpg

I did make a fun purchase, pet bowls! The cat one for my cats and the small dog one for the dog. Though the small one was really too small for her, so the cats use that one too! Well, we always say my cat is part dog (seriously, he is needy like a dog and acts so similarly it’s scary).

jh7oVSm.jpg

(I think I also bought a couple more special DLP tsums)

Checking out the barbershop, though it was closed at that time.

CbnJVY6.jpg
6DERnzx.jpg
sbWP1gZ.jpg

And I really liked this window display.

jcUtKrI.jpg
3v67817.jpg
oACvwSc.jpg

In all the windows that have merchandise they have little cards at the bottom which gives the name and price for the items! Very helpful!

nG61Feh.jpg
L5Ky2zl.jpg

More main street; yes, the coffee is steaming!

uBQyljW.jpg
4Heuqrt.jpg

Part 21 Disney Village

On my way through Disney Village I stopped in World of Disney. Looking up it was just so gorgeous.

iKvdacC.jpg
Jxgz7Qn.jpg
c4a7Ot9.jpg
eXEplaF.jpg

I loved all the movies representing areas around the world!

Europe: Peter Pan and Ratatouille/Aristocats/Hunchback of Notre Dame

qZl7fk7.jpg

Asia: Tarzan/Jungle Book and Mulan

Xtc3mtl.jpg

Americas: Cars/Toy Story & Up/Three Caballeros

LWs1nys.jpg

Africa: Lion King & Aladdin

BoZN6qm.jpg

Pacific: Finding Nemo & Lilo and Stitch

3AzNWb5.jpg

(Also, I’m sure I looked pretty goofy as I did 2 laps around the store – which isn’t that large – taking photos of the ceiling!)

Back through Disney Village. Some of the lights were showing up, but not totally.

hy8qOyk.jpg
jDAGLCg.jpg

(The reality is, since I had delayed so much, I really should have gone back into the park and seen Illuminations again; it wasn't too far away. But, can’t change anything now!)

I stopped in The Disney Store, which wasn’t nearly as cute as World of Disney. Though they had props for each DLP land.

yW8Ifnj.jpg
O6vpWvZ.jpg
JFgoIdU.jpg
RdXAKlp.jpg
EvIae5w.jpg
AnfTEt5.jpg

They had a fun Rathtar plush (from the Last Jedi)

xi77ddE.jpg

And back to resort and sleep (may have stopped to get some water/drinks from lounge; may also have stopped in gift shop). Sorry lots of days, starting to run together!

Coming up – my last full day at DLP and an awesome dismeet!

Your meal at Plaza Gardens sounds awful! The horrid waiter, uncomfortable placement, and none of the food even looks appealing! And then that awful lady at the show! I just don’t understand people like that.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience at Plaza Gardens. That really sounds like the absolute worst. I guess the one positive seems to be that they had those awesome gummy sharks. Always a small positive above anything. But like... is it a Plaza Inn without characters? What a waste.

All my UK friends on twitter and insta always rave about the waltz and it really does look so pretty. That stage they have by the castle just looks like such a cool use of space, I'd just be curious to see it without a show.

I'm really shocked that a guest just walked in and walked out with an Aristocrat statuette... like what? That's so wild. Paris, you lawless land.

Happy to hear after a rough day, you got an early night in. Looking forward to see how your last full day in DLP ends up being. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!