"Don't anger the dolls"-A France and DLP Trip, June '18-COMPLETED (4/22-ride comparisons)

I’ve enjoyed reading along and looking at all of your pictures. It’s so neat to see how many details are in everything at DLP, but the rude guests seem to be getting very annoying. How cool you had a DISmeet with Alicia, I follow along with her family too. I’m looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip!

I know I wrote about our meetup and already got to remember how fun it was, but I still became excited reading about everything in your update. (I guess I just think it's really cool that a DISmeet happened in an international park.)
Landon and Evie loved those water pens and books! I remember we got them ready for bed in lightning speed that night with the enticement that they could color in their books when they were done.

I couldn't remember exactly what happened in the carousel line, just that we ran in to some rude girls. Sorry my husband had to passive aggressively shut their antics down. The older he gets the less patience he has with rude people. :sad2:

You were so kind when you described the milk at dinner as a minor incident. :rotfl2: Being polite enough to not to mention that BOTH of my silly kids sent their milk all over the table over the course of a meal. :laughing:

I'm glad you suggested we go see the dragon because that was the only time we did it on that trip!

Skipping Illuminations and resting was probably the wiser move. You had to be wiped after weeks of traveling around France.

What a great Dismeet! It’s so cute how Landon gravitated to you!
He was such a sweetie!

Sounds like such a great time with Alicia and her family!!
It was really great!

What an awesome DIS meet!! Sounds like a really fun first day for them and last day for you :) And an excellent use of some of your bonus fast passes :)
Yeah, I loved getting to meet with them! And might as well use my FPs for good!

I caught back up!

I actually bought the tinkerbell Christmas ornament! It was actually pretty sturdy and they wrapped it well enough that it made the journey from Paris to Manchester, England to Toronto in one piece! I wish I had taken more pictures during our time there but I made the decision to try to soak up as much as I could without a camera (which I now regret! Lol)

What a fun dismeet!!
It's hard when you have a short time, you have to balance photos with actually enjoying the time! On the cruise I barely took any photos because I was just trying to relax and enjoy it!

And its good to know Tinkerbelle survived!

Yes, you get the Magic Pass for the room, not the package! You'll have access to EMT with a third party booking and separate tickets
That's good to know for the future!

He looks like he is having a blast with you! Love it!

Sounded like a great dis-meet!
Yeah, we had a really good time!

How nice to meet up with a Diser in Paris!

Fun photos!
Thanks! We got along really well!

I’ve enjoyed reading along and looking at all of your pictures. It’s so neat to see how many details are in everything at DLP, but the rude guests seem to be getting very annoying. How cool you had a DISmeet with Alicia, I follow along with her family too. I’m looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip!
Thanks! Yeah, it's always fun when you get to meet people you only know online!

I know I wrote about our meetup and already got to remember how fun it was, but I still became excited reading about everything in your update. (I guess I just think it's really cool that a DISmeet happened in an international park.)
Landon and Evie loved those water pens and books! I remember we got them ready for bed in lightning speed that night with the enticement that they could color in their books when they were done.

I couldn't remember exactly what happened in the carousel line, just that we ran in to some rude girls. Sorry my husband had to passive aggressively shut their antics down. The older he gets the less patience he has with rude people. :sad2:

You were so kind when you described the milk at dinner as a minor incident. :rotfl2: Being polite enough to not to mention that BOTH of my silly kids sent their milk all over the table over the course of a meal. :laughing:

I'm glad you suggested we go see the dragon because that was the only time we did it on that trip!

Skipping Illuminations and resting was probably the wiser move. You had to be wiped after weeks of traveling around France.
My friends kids had those water books and it just seemed like a good option for something lightweight, fun, and not messy! I'm glad the kids liked them so much!

I didn't begrudge Alex taking a stance against rude guests! I wish I could have done it more often!

Oh, it was a minor incident! And wasn't really their fault - those straw toppers were a bit top heavy and the kids were excited to be at Disney. I ton't even think it spilled on anyone or any food - just on the table!

I definitely was wiped! Hoping I can judge my time better in Asia so I get to last til late!

Day 19, Part 1: Learning from mistakes

Today was my final morning at DLP! I decided to do a repeat of the previous morning, just with some changes based on lessons learned!

giphy.gif

This time, I again arrived at the main gates before they opened, though I headed to Disneyland first. Of course there were plenty of runners who ran straight to guest services. Apparently City Hall opens at 8am? I don’t know if rides open then, but at least the turnstiles are open! So, if you stay at the Disneyland Hotel, you can get an even bigger jump on crowds by arriving at turnstiles at 8am or earlier, so you are ahead of everyone else held at the gates!

I was worried for a bit because there were 5 guys in front of me and if each person got 5 tickets (them + 4 people), then I would be SOL for the first show. Thankfully, I was able to get a ticket, which I was very happy about. The family behind me got the last tickets for the first show (we ended up sitting next to each other).

0t1VLRY.jpg
TEeQPMR.jpg

I did admire the City Hall lobby a bit, which was definitely elegant.

3Ciynkr.jpg
OeQud6i.jpg
NamyyWB.jpg

Rather than hit up repeat EMT rides in Disneyland, I headed back to the Studios, where I was able to get a spot only about 3 people in my line. Once the turnstiles opened, there were again lots of people running towards guest services. I felt a bit bad, knowing that they may have the same experience as I did the morning before.

x3yTbMr.jpg

Instead I headed out and up to Crush’s Coaster, with fingers crossed. And thankfully it was running! I walked right onto it, and it was basically a 5 minute walk-on (just time to go thru the queue). I was in a front facing seat this time, and I thought just as good as behind. So much fun!

F9oI7AR.jpg
eI3nUF7.jpg

I came out and it said about a 15 minute wait, so I decided to just hop in again – last chance and all! It ended up being more like 20-25 minutes, but I was still able to ride a second time, and just as good! Also helped that this morning I hadn’t brought my backpack, since I was going back to the hotel after the rides, so I didn’t have to juggle that to get on or off the ride. Though one of the rides I was in a shell with 3 people who didn't make a sound! It was somewhat uncomfortable trying to decide if I can scream in joy or not! I think I ended up doing it in spurts!

SLWqBqD.jpg
TyDEiSZ.jpg

By the time I got off, it was a 50 minute wait (10 minutes before the end of EMT). Hard pass!

XgBeAEo.jpg
ZjPKn0r.jpg

On way out took some photos of statues – the Partners statue is in the Studios, not Disneyland.

3KDoFeg.jpg
3LfpyyP.jpg
0v1DR8b.jpg

“To all who enter this studio of dreams…welcome. Walt Disney Studios is dedicated to our timeless fascination and affection for cinema and television. Here we celebrate the art and artistry of storytellers from Europe and around the world who create the magic. May this special place stir our own memories of the past, and our dreams of the future.” – Michael Eisner

I took some photos in Studio 1 on the way out. The main gift shop is themed part as a gas station and part as the backstage of a film set.

LoXng0k.jpg
fDN2eff.jpg
M9InthQ.jpg
ORMYAXB.jpg
WDMwPmB.jpg
4KTppDJ.jpg
iGiPyRY.jpg
1oHG8qS.jpg
UYonid6.jpg

The statues out in front.

1o7VHHL.jpg
OYNOXcK.jpg
13HHErB.jpg

I headed out of the park (avoiding the crush of people about to enter the park as it opened for non-hotel guests) and went back to Sequoia Lodge!

Part 2: Checking out and Sequoia Lodge photos

Back at Sequoia Lodge I grabbed a brief breakfast in the lounge. No one will ever think I hate carbs! (I'm also not counting this croissant since it was a hotel buffet style, not a proper French croissant!)

e3YPJ3A.jpg
tglbf15.jpg

I also took some photos of the windows in the shops which I had admired all week. Sorry for the glare!

4UjRpuG.jpg
Rmgz0qS.jpg
mtvnlEi.jpg
lin6SvT.jpg
tj9oI34.jpg
Vg5NWxw.jpg
izqYP6N.jpg
DOnule8.jpg

The bar/lounge and other areas on the first floor. The World Cup decorations had gone up overnight.

9N5eKat.jpg
prxN8Gx.jpg
IGY0MKW.jpg
GjWf09B.jpg
slKokZj.jpg

Pluto was meeting today.

3Yd9EBk.jpg

I got my luggage and headed down to lobby. Lots of chaotic people trying to check out. I got to skip that and go to the Golden Forest Club desk where I dropped off my room key, and my suitcase with bag check. They have an express luggage service (which I think delivers it to the train station), but it’s 25 euro per room, so not worth it for a single person with just a small suitcase.

waPUkBK.jpg
LD0oefQ.jpg

They had some Native American decorations in the hotel. But honestly, I didn’t feel it was anywhere near as authentic as Wilderness Lodge. I think I also saw a lot of kids just making rude gestures around them all week, so I don’t think a lot of Europeans have really realized how offensive that can be…

j6w6zHn.jpg
8LCHDEM.jpg

More photos of the outside. (I think the last one was the pathway towards the pool, but I never used it because, while the pool was indoors, it was in a separate building.)

rttVvJ3.jpg
yqfhvyK.jpg
qA5A8wQ.jpg
wXez2oe.jpg

Balloon not working again (wind this time), even though it was above the water.

uftq3Ky.jpg
VEkKY18.jpg

Part 3: Backlot Studios

I went back to the Studios where I got to see Push the Trashcan, which was cool (and of course mobbed by guests). I definitely think they won’t be able to do roaming droids at SWGE when it opens in the Studios expansion. (And to be fair, I think they cut that from the American versions too – just too many unruly kids… maybe if Japan ever gets SWGE they will be able to pull it off!)

lxi5cbp.jpg

I arrived just in time for the Moteurs Action Stunt Show Spectacular!, and I was last one let in through main road (they were still loading people through the side entrance though). The show was ok. Basic stunt show – probably similar to the DHS one was before they razed that area for the expansions. It was fine, not my sort of thing, but at least I experienced it!

NVvepCw.jpg
8OsNphc.jpg
4e6E1Nz.jpg
Laetqka.jpg
rLqTHHw.jpg
hozG7WH.jpg
is3yup6.jpg
Dpe218b.jpg
OUc1wIh.jpg
L6sqR62.jpg
orUKNPb.jpg
4Yv2QzR.jpg

I liked the part where they had a girl think she was remote controlling a car doing all this crazy stuff, and turns out there was a driver on the side!

cEmdc8c.jpg

I wandered up the street, and skipped Armageddon this trip – I heard it was awful from everyone, so I don’t think I missed anything (and it just recently closed).

uGxRYbd.jpg

Some more photos around the park.

OToJ45S.jpg
UooGV5u.jpg
Ojg2Dz0.jpg
MqeqNxD.jpg
ZvPNxiq.jpg
dfO9PcA.jpg
gM3PHYE.jpg
6EUOnVW.jpg

I was hungry, so got a waffle with chocolate sauce. Of course because I’m a total klutz, I dropped it right onto my bag! And then spilled my water (or soda) when I tried to clean it up… Overall though the waffle was a bit gummy. Definitely premade and just heated up for guests. I wouldn't go out of my way to get one again!

2Nka3QL.jpg

They had special Marvel menu items at some places, and I was interested in the Black Panther ice cream but I never saw it open while I was there.

GDwJEOV.jpg
sDUcogM.jpg

You can see the Studio Backlot ride in the background, but I decided to also skip that ride due to time. Not really necessary to see fake sets when I can see real ones at Universal Hollywood!

Pi5iDWd.jpg

Part 4: Studio 1 & Mickey and the Magician, Round 2

I walked a bit more around the Studio 1, especially the food area, which is themed like old-time Hollywood stuff. The second floor is especially fun to people-watch from! I considered getting a snack of mozzarella sticks, but I didn’t want to wait in the lines. They had started using Lineberty, which was a 3rd party system to skip the lines (not the same as mobile ordering though). I never had a need to use it since I didn't do any of the character meets and didn't eat at a lot of counter-service places. But if you are headed there, I'd recommend downloading it just in case!

8yFl8SO.jpg
Fio3fbB.jpg
k611MXf.jpg
hSKw9ZX.jpg
eEfGB9i.jpg
fdpRrcQ.jpg
5IeeLWH.jpg
AI2oDJk.jpg
zEOVwCV.jpg
Rt05bOW.jpg

I went over to Toon Studio to check on the Tapis Volants (Flying Carpets). I actually really like this ride at Magic Kingdom! It’s very calming. This ride is one of the few to have Fastpass at DLP, so in theory I could have used one, but I decided not to bother. At MK I like being able to look over Adventureland, and this one seems too fake and in disrepair…

TgARU1q.jpg
zPhGvGt.jpg
zSSVb3q.jpg
hMqp2Im.jpg
Sq3U0Xb.jpg

Then it was time for my second showing of Mickey and the Magician.

tNlDxTT.jpg
o1uZA4D.jpg

Because I didn’t have reserved seating I made sure to get here with enough time to get a good spot. I was a bit impatient with the people in front of me who were just not walking (standing there trying to decide where to sit, in the meanwhile people were taking some of the good seats)! I ended up getting the front row of the back section (behind the aisle), which is one of the best views, IMHO, because no one sits right in front of you, but you get a good view of the whole stage. (Right before showtime a latecomer did end up taking the handicapped seat in front of me, so photos were a bit obscured by his head, but I purposefully didn’t lift my camera above chest level.)

0eoAUiH.jpg
UNotFbZ.jpg
D66Z7VW.jpg
TOxQ7cX.jpg
tCfCYAa.jpg
G4dqCwV.jpg
n2h40FZ.jpg
mLsMdIb.jpg
PAGKkRA.jpg

Some effects weren’t working properly, like the Genie didn’t disappear properly at the end of his part, but still enjoyable as before!

Coming up - Reserved seating at Marvel Superheroes United... was it worth it?

This looks like quite the efficient day. Two rides in a row on Crush's Coaster! What an efficient morning with that one!

To answer your question if Paris' Lights! Motors! Action! is the same as DHS's, it does look that way (including the whole remote control fake out). I don't see Lightning McQueen or Herbie though which were both in DHS's show at certain points in its history before closing. That was a fun segment.

Studio 1 looks like an indoor Hollywood Land at DCA or what it looks like at night. Giving me major nostalgia of walking through that area to get back to costuming after my shifts. Ah, the mems *sobs*

I agree with you, that is an odd place to put the Magic Carpets. It looks like they needed another attraction and just put that one in for the heck of it. *shrugs*

Sounds like a successful morning! And lots of nice pictures!

I'm not into Marvel but those treats look so cool! Especially the Groots!

I was not a big fan of Lights, Motors, Action at DHS, so I think that is definitely one attraction that I’ll be able to skip at the Studios. I didn’t know that they were going to be getting Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge! That’s cool!

This looks like quite the efficient day. Two rides in a row on Crush's Coaster! What an efficient morning with that one!

To answer your question if Paris' Lights! Motors! Action! is the same as DHS's, it does look that way (including the whole remote control fake out). I don't see Lightning McQueen or Herbie though which were both in DHS's show at certain points in its history before closing. That was a fun segment.

Studio 1 looks like an indoor Hollywood Land at DCA or what it looks like at night. Giving me major nostalgia of walking through that area to get back to costuming after my shifts. Ah, the mems *sobs*

I agree with you, that is an odd place to put the Magic Carpets. It looks like they needed another attraction and just put that one in for the heck of it. *shrugs*
Yeah, I guess it was sort of like Hollywoodland. It was interesting how the walls all looked like movie set props.

They did have Lightning McQueen at the very beginning - he basically just went around in a circle then drove off.

Sounds like a successful morning! And lots of nice pictures!

I'm not into Marvel but those treats look so cool! Especially the Groots!
I think I didn't like the fillings so that's why I didn't get any!

I was not a big fan of Lights, Motors, Action at DHS, so I think that is definitely one attraction that I’ll be able to skip at the Studios. I didn’t know that they were going to be getting Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge! That’s cool!
Yeah, they are investing $2 Billion in a large expansion. It will include Marvel Land, Frozen Land, and Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, plus a big lake in the center. Marvel land will include retheming Rock n Roller Coaster to Iron Man. I think though SWGE will just get the Falcon ride and Frozenland will get a ride similar to Frozen Ever After (but purposefully designed for it, not Malestorm rethemed). It should be interesting, but they really just started the land clearing, so we have some time to wait!

Glad you were able to get in two rides on Crush's Coaster. Such a fun ride! I wish they had brought that attraction to Epcot rather than Ratatouille.

Mickey the Magician is such an awesome show. Pretty awesome that you were able to get in to this and then the Marvel show later.

Glad you were able to get in two rides on Crush's Coaster. Such a fun ride! I wish they had brought that attraction to Epcot rather than Ratatouille.

Mickey the Magician is such an awesome show. Pretty awesome that you were able to get in to this and then the Marvel show later.
Yeah - Crush's coaster would have been so much fun at Epcot! Really develop the Seas area, and it could help divide people between it and the Guardians coaster!

Part 5: Perfect view of Superheroes United

Next, I headed up to the the Cinemagic theatre and waited for Marvel Super Heroes United. I really could have waited a bit longer, since with the reserved MC seating you only have to arrive 30 min before, but I wasn’t doing anything else. I got the best seat in house – center of front row of back section. Prefect view…

rXvNzL2.jpg

As the show started I noticed some effects weren’t working perfectly, like the Dr Strange projections and some others. Too bad, but at least I had seen a full working version of it a couple days earlier.

xA2jTld.jpg
T2VpxI3.jpg
VwOwbQv.jpg
xiNtbEq.jpg
GjeJidY.jpg
V62q9B9.jpg
3FH7TkQ.jpg
VlC0Vxs.jpg
85NrnPv.jpg
YyeYqks.jpg

Then it got to the start of the final battle, the curtain moved up 1 ft so you could see people’s feet, and then “bang”.
ojcr7tW.jpg

A big issue is that the whole show is lipsynced! Yup, they have real actors and stunt people, but they have everyone lip sync… seems a bit of a waste to me. AND, when there were technical issues the sound would keep going even if the action stopped. They eventually paused the sound, and then the house lights went on.

I was hoping it would just be a delay, but after about 5-10 minutes, an announcement started going on in a few different languages and a chorus of groans started throughout the theatre. Once it got to English, they announced the rest of the show was… cancelled… duh, duh, duh.

The lipsyncing really messes up everything else, because it seems if there are tech problems, it’s too hard to reset everything and get it set together. Some previous shows I had heard about a mistake and they were able to go back and restart the whole show. Ours was too far along, so they couldn’t go back to the beginning. This was an ongoing issue at the beginning of the summer, in fact the first day 2/3 of the performances were stopped, which pissed off A LOT of people! (They’ve since started performing it again this summer and have gotten a lot more kinks worked out, so there aren’t as many technical stops)

People in the theatre were SOOOOO MAD! The family next to me had little kids who were just crying their eyes out. The dad was especially mad – the little boy (about age 4) loved Spiderman, but DLP decided to make the Spiderman Meet and Greet exclusive to people who bought a special ticket/hotel package (of course this was announced AFTER many people had already planned their trips to DLP, so they couldn’t switch over to this expensive package). So this guy’s son wasn’t able to meet Spiderman, and they didn’t want to wait in line for hours for the show again. Some other people in the audience started shouting that everyone should band together and demand a meal certificate in exchange.

Honestly, for me, I just had to laugh to myself. It was so typical! And at least I had gotten to see the whole show earlier. I decided not to bother waiting around for the next performance (it was my last day and I had more important things to see/do), and really based on previous days reports, the later performances weren’t likely to be performed if the first one had broken down.

It was around 3:15 and I was HUNGRY! So I said goodbye to Walt Disney Studios.

You were interesting WDS. Some great attractions. Some cool individual theming, but as a whole, not that good. It’ll be interesting to see once they invest the 2 billion euros, but I also worry about the plans because they look more limited, like only 1 ride for SWGE and stuff like that.

Anyways, food – I stopped at Vapiano, which is part of Disney Village, but for some reason the security perimeter doesn’t include it. That and 5 Guys are just outside the perimeter.

1uDCdcr.jpg
Xs1XLzP.jpg

The restaurant is Italian inspired, and an interesting concept where you get a card and then go to the grill/stove you are interested in – pasta, pizza, risotto, etc, and order and they make it fresh. You scan your card at that booth. Then take a seat. And pick up food wherever it is when your buzzer goes off. It works for a solo diner or family who are all eating at the same food area. But if its busy and you need to go to each one, probably not the best.

CQvhcWX.jpg
O9qi6NO.jpg
TChE7Qy.jpg
5JEcpkA.jpg
FDV3OuZ.jpg

I ended up just getting a kids pizza. Which they did this weird bunny ear thing to, but I actually didn’t mind because it meant I got some chunks of lots of fresh dough (which I like a lot). And it actually was very very yummy (not weird 4-cheese pizza with goat’s cheese or anything).

MUdVzby.jpg

One thing – the smell isn’t the best inside. Imagine all the smells of all the different cheeses, but like that. So my mind knew it was just cheese, but my nose thought it could have been something else… so I wouldn’t say it is a must-do, but I wouldn’t recommend against it. Basically if you want something relatively fast and good, then go for it.

Part 6: Good bye to Disneyland Paris

After eating and heading back into the security perimeter, I went back into Disneyland. I mentally went through my favorite rides and decided to focus on those. I entered the park around 4pm and my train was scheduled to leave at 6ish, so I had 2 hours to go!

On my way into the park I did peek into Cable Car Bake Shop to take some photos.

o2jrSNY.jpg
fB5rdbu.jpg
scIyfCX.jpg
PDUbGO1.jpg

And of course, had to take some photos in front of the castle!

xtoqYjY.jpg
5g1wt8K.jpg

First ride – it’s a small world. I was just going to enjoy the ride and not take photos, but I got put into the front row, so I couldn’t pass that up! (Oh and my personal policy about on-ride and show photos – I try to keep the camera at chest level and my elbows at my side so as not to obscure the view of anyone else.)

wnYi1WR.jpg
tlqtUJm.jpg
XZXHEBZ.jpg
RBW3LSY.jpg
dsE977t.jpg
rB1vrIf.jpg
BVPrI72.jpg
DNgCjOI.jpg

Rah, rah. Go Sports!

rGSILzS.jpg

(I’d put the Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr up in my favorite rides, but since I had done them the day before, I skipped another ride on them.)

On my way through Fantasyland, I stopped to take a photo of the Peter Pan weather vanes.

IiPpgvy.jpg

Then Pirates of the Caribbean. Though I didn’t take any on-ride photos here. I think the line here was longer than previously and there was a family who tried to bowl past everyone to cut in line (the teenage/young adult kids were just laughing too, like they knew exactly what they were doing). I was sooo annoyed at that point, I actually firmly tapped the dad on the shoulder, and said loudly – NO CUTTING! So, he looked a bit embarrassed, and stopped and went back further behind me with his family. Gesh!

6lFgEK5.jpg

I walked through Adventure Isle to get back to Frontierland

VmdK0um.jpg
SNXKjj8.jpg
4rJCcWc.jpg

And then rode BTMR twice in a row, using more hotel FPs. I loved this sign at the end – which direction is the Foreman’s office?

IT1poPg.jpg

Before heading out, I did stop down closer to Phantom Manor. They had fun posters on the construction walls, continuing the mystery.

HchvYd5.jpg
OAmXTVt.jpg
gK7ZCLh.jpg
qZCJwwE.jpg
KMTLydg.jpg
jEnzE8V.jpg
g6RRYit.jpg

And some more photos in the area. They had just started doing an afternoon tea with characters at The Lucky Nugget and I wished I had taken the time to do it because it had great reviews!

Abco5v8.jpg
r0goepA.jpg

They added this spirit photography booth, which was an automated photo (I think holographic). I considered it, but it was $$$

bTXMy6k.jpg

One final view of the castle…

r0goepA.jpg

This day I had also been chatting via text with Dug, husband of @Dugette , who was on their way to Disneyland from Paris (if you read Alicia’s trip report you’d know their families had an awesome extended dismeet over the next several days)! We had been hoping to meet up but didn’t know if schedules were merge. Unfortunately they got super delayed at the rental car booth, so it wasn’t looking like we would get to! I had a little present for their daughter Izzy (one of those water books like I had given Landon and Evie, only this one was mazes, which turned out to be PERFECT for a puzzle lover like Izzy!). So I stopped at a Disney gift shop and picked up a small bag, put the water book and all my extra FPs in side (I think I had about 5-6 left), and dropped it at the Disneyland hotel luggage desk; it ended up being delivered to their hotel room later that night.

Part 7: How many times can I take my bags thru security…

I headed back to Sequoia Lodge and picked up my suitcase; rather than wait for the shuttle, I just walked back to the train station. This did mean I re-entered the security perimeter, but it wasn’t too much of a pain because I just had a carry-on sized suitcase. (Well, that plus 2 backpacks.) If I had much more luggage or there were more people in the room, I’d probably recommend that express luggage service, which delivers the luggage to the train station for you.

I got to the train station, passing by more of the merchandise sellers (who I guess have to stay outside the Disney security perimeter)…

TJiHCkG.jpg
e36tuaS.jpg

…and check the display boards to see… “Train delayed 1.5 hrs”… Ugh!

giphy.gif

But wait – the Dugs are on their way! So, I left the train station, headed back thru security, and went down to the Disneyland Hotel lobby! They arrived not too long after, and I got to have my second Dismeet of the trip! @Dugette , Izzy and I were able to chat a bit while Dug got all checked in. It was brief, but still nice to see someone who I had interacted with online! (I realize now Dug took a photo of the girls, but I forgot to get a copy!)

giphy.gif

And, we were able to make up for the brief visit when the family visited Disneyland in the fall and we spent the evening together!

AqhBsSM.jpg

Too soon though we had to split up, because it was time for their dinner, and I headed back up to the train station, where I still had a little wait. As I was messing around online, I saw this pop up on twitter.

2WO5EkH.png

Starbucks “You Are Here” mugs were released TODAY! AAAHHH! I checked the time and it was getting close to the rescheduled arrival of the train, but I decided, screw it! I grabbed my suitcase and backpacks, went thru security AGAIN, and rushed down to Starbucks, where I bought both mugs, then headed back to the train station. I barely had time to sit down before my train popped up on the boards and I headed down to the platform! A bit heart-racing (didn’t want to get stuck on the even later train), but totally worth it!

So, if you kept track, that was me taking all of my stuff thru security 3 times in about 1.5 hrs! Only possible due to the X-ray machine baggage scanners. If they had to open up my bag and search it like in the US parks, no way was that going to work!

I had been assigned a reserved seat again, but I knew it was only a 10 minute trip. Rather than trying to store luggage and everything, I realized they had jump seats (like what flight attendants sit in) by the doors, so I chilled there for the short trip and was able to just hop up once I arrived at the airport.

ltiRxWk.jpg
JFbbtwr.jpg

It was an easy travel up 2 escalators to the Sheraton lobby, where I was spending the night. It was pricey, but the convenience was worth it. Check-in was very easy and the hotel was very nice – I would highly recommend it! It was also the QUIETEST hotel I’ve ever been in, even the more shocking considering it was in the middle of the airport and above a train station! Literally this glass atrium “floor” was the ceiling of the train station escalator area! It's not the cheapest, but the convenience is really spectacular!

hoISYwX.jpg

My room was small but elegant, with a very comfy bed and lots of storage nooks and crannies (I guess they figure people could have a lot of luggage with them). The bathroom was also very nice!

iGr0v2O.jpg
Eg2oiC4.jpg
XEdnUBo.jpg
aH6r6ii.jpg
BGEDWCB.jpg
saBpJLD.jpg

View out my window

qOCTsWa.jpg

For dinner, I decided to just get room service (they have a restaurant downstairs, but I didn’t want to deal with it – I was pretty exhausted after my 3 week adventure)! I got the spaghetti carbonara (mom had gotten it and said it was yummy), and it was very good. It also came with the cutest mini condiments (the photo doesn’t do it justice, but the salt and pepper shakers were about the size of a playing dice and snapped together)!

C1sYVzS.jpg
zmmex0r.jpg
gtBDGU0.jpg

I ended up rearranged the suitcase packing, watching a bit of TV (they had all the British stations), and then crashed to sleep!

Coming up - Final Travel Day and final thoughts​

Looks like a pretty good final day in the parks! I just booked our stay and decided on the Newport Bay Club hotel since it was significantly less money and was renovated in 2016. I decided to add the express option as well where they transport your luggage for you from the train station. I also got the bus transportation option for our departure day (basically like Magical Express, maybe that's even what they call it, I can't remember now)... I was thinking the airport was more like an hour away and had read that it can be a little stressful with luggage because it's also a commuter train as you get closer into Paris. I guess I must have confused this somehow...

Thanks for the tip also on the airport hotel! I was definitely thinking we should stay close to the airport if possible since my sister has a 10am flight the following morning.

Oh, and that's awesome that your were able to get the Starbucks mugs!

Last edited:
I ended up just getting a kids pizza. Which they did this weird bunny ear thing to, but I actually didn’t mind because it meant I got some chunks of lots of fresh dough (which I like a lot). And it actually was very very yummy (not weird 4-cheese pizza with goat’s cheese or anything).

MUdVzby.jpg

It's Mickey!! A pretty sad one, but there you have it...

Sounds like a great end to your trip! Looking forward to the final thoughts

Looks like a pretty good final day in the parks! I just booked our stay and decided on the Newport Bay Club hotel since it was significantly less money and was renovated in 2016. I decided to add the express option as well where they transport your luggage for you from the train station. I also got the bus transportation option for our departure day (basically like Magical Express, maybe that's even what they call it, I can't remember now)... I was thinking the airport was more like an hour away and had read that it can be a little stressful with luggage because it's also a commuter train as you get closer into Paris. I guess I must have confused this somehow...

Thanks for the tip also on the airport hotel! I was definitely thinking we should stay close to the airport if possible since my sister has a 10am flight the following morning.

Oh, and that's awesome that your were able to get the Starbucks mugs!
For the train, there are 2 options. The RER is cheaper and the one that goes into Paris, where you transfer and get on another train over to DLP. It also takes longer and isn’t as easy with luggage since it’s the normal commuter train. The TGV is the one I did, which goes directly from the airport to DLP. It’s more money but faster and more set up for luggage since people are going further distances. It’s still not super convenient if you have bags because you have to lift them on and off train, plus find a place to store them (I don’t remember if there was a luggage spot by the doors). I only had a carry-on so it wasn’t an issue for me. The bus would probably not be a bad idea since the bags are underneath and it’s direct to the resort. I think the express bag option is also good so you don’t have to trudge around with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!