"Don't anger the dolls"-A France and DLP Trip, June '18-COMPLETED (4/22-ride comparisons)

At the end Barbarossa shows up and turns into the skeleton! It’s a pretty well-done effect
Their PoTC looks awesome!!! Now I'd like them to refurb WDW's :)

kBaOgvN.jpg
That seems sort of frustrating--good thing you found a resource to help you know what to expect as far as what's open/closed. One more thing to keep track of!

(Which resulted in another wonderful park guest experience where a pre-teen boy basically punched me in the chest; like literally, he wasn’t surprised by me walking and wasn’t flailing his arms, he just decided to hit me! Truly ridiculous!)
Wowza. That's beyond rude and ridiculous!

Oh, I love this!!! :)

The arcades are one of the best parts about Disneyland Paris. Such a smart solution to the weather problem and they're beautiful.

I don't think I knew about that walkway to Frontierland. Gotta remember that in the future.

Aren't the princess costumes at DLP stunning? We tried to get Evie to interested in the Merida costume but no luck.

Those Lion King plushes....they taunt me. :rotfl2: I'm hoping with the Lion King and Jungle Book event this summer the plushes will still be available next September.

How awesome that you had an unexpected character meet with Captain Jack! He had to be a fun character to interact with, and how nice of him to track down a waiter to take some decent photos. Makes up for the restaurant only having so-so food.

Barbosa turning into a skeleton is one of my favorite parts of the Pirates attraction; such a cool effect!

ust crazy here with trips and recovering from trips and planning new trips!

Not a bad problem to have :-)

But I am putting a big effort this weekend to getting further in this report!

I'm in the same boat, on a MUCH smaller scale…I have less than three weeks to finish up my October TR before we leave for our April trip!

View of Thunder Mesa from the top

v5Dc5op.jpg

I can't believe how uncrowded it looks!

As I was eating my bread, I heard a series of clomping down the stairs right behind me and thought, who is that klutz? Well, I hear “hello!” and look up to see the owner, Captain Jack himself! The meal isn’t advertised as a character dining because I don’t think he’s always there, but luckily he showed up this time!

That's cool!

We ended up having a fun discussion where I let him know this version of pirates was my favorite. So then he asked if I wanted a photo. I got up to try and snap a selfie, which probably was going to be horrible. And he goes, oh that won’t do – grabs my phone with one hand, my hand with the other and pulls me up the steps to find a waiter who took some great photos of us! It was honestly great! Just an overall fun experience!

Wjk4dEa.jpg
dUPOI1z.jpg

Great picture! Sounds like a fun encounter :goodvibes

At the end Barbarossa shows up and turns into the skeleton! It’s a pretty well-done effect

TheB0Ql.jpg
giphy.gif

Wow, our POTC is kind of a dud, isn't it?

I saw this at Toad Hall, which was a normal occurrence at restaurants around the park. Basically they only open on certain days (and times).

That's so odd, I wonder why??

And the American guys are hilarious at the end! Rah!

vjrWpHE.jpg
jKAKtEl.jpg
upkzGic.jpg
VsNju9P.jpg

So funny to see the USA in IASW :laughing:

That Barbossa effect looks awesome! Ooo, I really want to see Paris' now.

The Curious Labyrinth looks like a place I'd spend way too long in. You'd never get me out. You'd genuinely think it was a maze. So cute and the views from the Queen of Hearts' castle are GORJ. Paris seems a lot more open than the other castle parks I've noticed hmmm
I did love the Barbossa effect, especially since I hadn't watched any ride-throughs so I had no idea what to expect!

I did love the views! And the park did feel nice and open, but without being too far apart from everything!

Alright those are absolutely precious. I might have to pick some up for my niece when we go...
I know! I wanted to get my friend's daughter a dress, but they are pricier and she isn't into princesses (yet - i'm working on that), so skipped it.

Nice to know that they aren't just making stuff up (except for when they're supposed to be making stuff up).
Very nicely put!

Ah, so glad you found nice families to take your photo! That's one of the downsides of solo travel, but there are usually enough kind people around who can help you out.
I know! I was happy to have people take my photo rather than awkward selfies!

The Labyrinth looks so fun! All the different photo ops are so cute!
They were very nice!

Their PoTC looks awesome!!! Now I'd like them to refurb WDW's :)
I can't wait to see the version in Shanghai!

That seems sort of frustrating--good thing you found a resource to help you know what to expect as far as what's open/closed. One more thing to keep track of!
Yeah, I think Disney Tourist Blog gave a link to them. But it could be annoying - at least I wasn't planning a lot of QS meals.

Aren't the princess costumes at DLP stunning? We tried to get Evie to interested in the Merida costume but no luck.
Hmm, well maybe get her into an archery class once you move to England, and then can ease her into Merida? Or they just need some awesome villain costumes too!

I can't believe how uncrowded it looks!
I think I lucked out on low crowds and decent weather. It did have its rainy bits, but overall, it worked out well!

That's so odd, I wonder why??
I guess just a cost savings measure. Maybe now that Disney has taken full control over the park, they will eventually change it?

I decided to write up a new Pre Trip Report for all my various Disney trips in the next 1.5 yrs (I realized I have 7 of them! :rolleyes1). If you want to check it out, here goes:
A World of Disney - 2019-2020 PTR

Part 9 - Window shopping galore!

I then decided to just wander around Fantasyland and check out all the shops. Rule of thumb (not just Paris but every Disney park) – go in a shop and look up! So many details!

Starting from the Northeast side and continuing clockwise – Sir Mickey’s is just full of stuffed animals! I had to hold off from buying them all (luggage space issues)

f226paJ.jpg
gqjlgO8.jpg
DUve1eM.jpg
DFSEZi3.jpg
ft2vAD0.jpg
yBHsgPc.jpg
T7d4fQC.jpg

The interior of the store is themed around The Brave Little Tailor/Mickey and the Beanstalk.

LQx6r0L.jpg
Tng9B2m.jpg
fuoDqgJ.jpg
vTMlJxz.jpg
mH7MspN.jpg
aGAESVT.jpg

There is an area which looks like it’s labeled La Menagerie du Royaume, but it’s really part of the same store.

yKa9yuO.jpg
4psrfnT.jpg

There is a lovely waiting plaza outside Auberge de Cendrillon. When I was there it was empty and peaceful (I decided not to spend the money to eat at Auberge).

35VeaaV.jpg
0Nfxatd.jpg
EeOskrP.jpg
zQJftz2.jpg

Window displays (sorry for the glare)

wd8jicY.jpg
CXDX68F.jpg
3eIWTjD.jpg
b9vypRA.jpg

Fountain. I think this was recently refurbed and looks nicer.

MNqJdFW.jpg
5tC6JBK.jpg

Carriage. Which apparently kids climb all over, neglecting the fence entirely.

IxhcrS9.jpg
RoXmJo5.jpg

Wishing well planter. Love the detailed carvings at the bottom.

3XGXbWx.jpg
npJIR0V.jpg
PlDpNEq.jpg

Even the gates are themed!

wb6aAq5.jpg

Part 10 – More Fantasyland Shops

Next, La Confiserie des Trois Fees (Three Fairies Sweet Shop). I adored the stained glass windows!

aJ6rBmG.jpg
ZvMAQXw.jpg
2xl1gpv.jpg
Tngdv0Z.jpg
dPIWZSP.jpg

Castle views. Sorry, it was hard not to stop and take a photo whenever I passed by!

ezSBj0l.jpg
m2ckIaE.jpg

Christmas shop in the castle. Very crowded! I was unlucky in finding ornaments I liked. Everything was too generic and could have been purchased at any Disney store, not exclusive to Disneyland Paris. This fall though I was able to find some more special ones on the Shop Disney UK site (which just started selling some of the DLP items), so had them shipped over from the UK! I’ll include photos at the end of the report!

Y0xTaB7.jpg
w4zOyLg.jpg

I regretted not getting this ornament. It was celebrating the 35th anniversary, and I love Chip and Dale!

FM9piKs.jpg

Donald is cool too!

yVPlwiS.jpg

Always a sucker for Figaro! And more plushes!

iKffZUg.jpg
HKrEJPG.jpg

I considered this ornament but was worried about breaking it in travel. In retrospect I also regretted not getting it!

QjdyLbr.jpg

Cute! But too expensive/heavy/breakable

sHlDsWC.jpg
1j498PG.jpg
SYcwXpE.jpg

Part 11 – La Belle au Bois Dormant

I continued on to La Belle au Bois Dormant (Sleeping Beauty walkthrough). It’s different than DLR’s version, which has more dioramas. This is mainly stained glass and tapestries.

EYVSb63.jpg
muqD4qY.jpg
aQ9kLH5.jpg
HtW5Xiy.jpg
dex18sg.jpg
WmFvofc.jpg
XrAavCY.jpg
PtMBx8j.jpg
e54D827.jpg
XzJrhJb.jpg
drN9Soh.jpg
TB0O08g.jpg
CRu3A8A.jpg
m9mosKu.jpg
nSOHLJa.jpg

If you notice in this one, her crown and hair aren’t colored. I guess someone broke them, and until they were replaced, they just put in plain glass! I guess better than nothing… I don’t remember if I’ve even seen tweets about them being fixed yet.

fofeFSw.jpg

Love the structural details too

YMCeFJE.jpg
8RL9qg0.jpg
84yJ9jL.jpg
fPUjZvn.jpg
HQEEUWy.jpg
XxrBqxU.jpg

On the way out you can walk across a balcony and get another view of Fantasyland.

6kglWJg.jpg
oxs07Pg.jpg

Details, details!

1Um5Og2.jpg
iVXkxf5.jpg

Something is missing here… (I think it was gone for 6 months, but finally put back right after I left)

fUw94MM.jpg

Part 12: Completing my tour of Fantasyland

Another store – La Chaumiere des Sept Nains (Seven Dwarves Cottage). Where they have most of the princess dresses in the park. The dresses normally are on racks outside the store, but with the threat of rain, they kept them inside.

kWtWeKi.jpg
a4hi9py.jpg
GeNqPxH.jpg

The very cute interior/exterior themed area. It serves absolutely no function except to look cute! Love it!

l6Trjf4.jpg
Ru4JrZ0.jpg

CWSFTpg.jpg
lobs8G9.jpg
1Y8toYh.jpg

The cottage itself – adorable!

l17kTnF.jpg
06WP5BE.jpg
0fxFe9I.jpg
n7OQc6U.jpg

And the plushies were in the Seven Dwarves beds! It took me a moment to realize that! Simplet, Atchoum, Joyeux, Prof, Grincheux, Timide, Dormeur.

c8jJZrH.jpg
hlNzw2w.jpg

Miscellaneous Fantasyland shots

l9bXnfO.jpg
6qBWr34.jpg
CCEHL48.jpg
aq2lvVr.jpg

And I was hungry, so grabbed a sugar crepe from March Hare. Though it was pretty rubbery, so I wasn’t too impressed.
2018-06-12_07-03-11_298.jpeg

Croissant count: 16, Crepe count: 10.

Coming up: Adventure Isle!

I had to hold off from buying them all (luggage space issues)
The worst issue. Why is international shipping so expensive??

There is a lovely waiting plaza outside Auberge de Cendrillon
Wow all those details are amazing! There is seriously so much to look at in this park. Even all the stores seem incredibly themed.

Everything was too generic and could have been purchased at any Disney store, not exclusive to Disneyland Paris. This fall though I was able to find some more special ones on the Shop Disney UK site (which just started selling some of the DLP items), so had them shipped over from the UK! I’ll include photos at the end of the report!
Huh, do you think that's because it was summer? We're going in September and I hoped to grab an ornament but I guess I won't get my hopes up.

I would have gone crazy over the stuffed animals! haha

The Cinderella window display is so pretty! And the Sleeping Beauty stained glass windows are stunning!

The worst issue. Why is international shipping so expensive??

Wow all those details are amazing! There is seriously so much to look at in this park. Even all the stores seem incredibly themed.

Huh, do you think that's because it was summer? We're going in September and I hoped to grab an ornament but I guess I won't get my hopes up.
Yeah at least for Asia, I'm already planning on packing a suitcase inside another one for all the souvenirs I'll end up buying!

I think I saw posts later in the summer about better ornaments. It was just in that early June where they had run low on last year's stock and hadn't gotten the next ones. But I do love the ones I ended up buying online and then I didn't need to worry about transporting something super breakable!

I would have gone crazy over the stuffed animals! haha

The Cinderella window display is so pretty! And the Sleeping Beauty stained glass windows are stunning!
Yes, they are gorgeous!

If you haven't, I recommend you look up at the Sir Mickey's in MK. There might be a giant lurking somewhere there...

I never even realized they had a castle walkthrough in Paris. I thought that was just there as part of the castle, not a separate attraction like the dragon. The stained glass is so pretty but it's a shame they hadn't fixed Aurora and Philip's window. Hopefully they have since.

Ok I'm obsessed with the fact that Dumbo is placed atop a waterfall. That is so picturesque, WOW.

DLP is just so so pretty. I'm in love.

I really did feel like I was walking through the Fantasy Land in Paris! Thanks for the picturesque tour!

If you haven't, I recommend you look up at the Sir Mickey's in MK. There might be a giant lurking somewhere there...

I never even realized they had a castle walkthrough in Paris. I thought that was just there as part of the castle, not a separate attraction like the dragon. The stained glass is so pretty but it's a shame they hadn't fixed Aurora and Philip's window. Hopefully they have since.

Ok I'm obsessed with the fact that Dumbo is placed atop a waterfall. That is so picturesque, WOW.

DLP is just so so pretty. I'm in love.
I have seen that! I think someone pointed it out on a TR I was reading!

I really did feel like I was walking through the Fantasy Land in Paris! Thanks for the picturesque tour!
Of course! It brings back fond memories!

Hey Leslie, I hope you decide to do a trip report for your recent cruise!
I do plan to! I have pre-written up my notes but still need to finish this one, and December, and then the other trip in May. But yes, it will be posted eventually (goal is to finish EVERYTHING before Asia).
Oh, I adore The Rescuers!!!!

This is just beautiful.

Fantasyland at DLP is so perfectly "fairytale." I enjoyed every one of your pictures and love the small details you shared, as well, like Lucifer beneath the Cinderella fountain and all the stuffed animals in the 7 dwarfs beds.
I love them too! They were the ones hardest to put back! I think sometimes they meet at Tokyo, so fingers crossed!

It really is gorgeous. I think they say the Imagineers really blew the budget on DLP, but it shows!

Part 13 Adventuring around Adventure Isle

Then, because I hadn’t done enough wandering, I made my way over to Adventure Isle. I probably spent 1.5 hrs just exploring, deliberately getting lost and finding new paths – that was my favorite area of the parks!

28yOINU.jpg
WLPzWnw.jpg

So be prepared for a bucketload of photos!

8hfOjYq.jpg
4b390Za.jpg
guwx4jL.jpg
x3NKTi1.jpg
x2SbDDy.jpg
VDRwxgv.jpg
0tmzyN1.jpg
moKGeJN.jpg
VaDqSjs.jpg
aADxaJj.jpg
jhtZlli.jpg
XG54mnJ.jpg
DsOdIZV.jpg
8JbNk8G.jpg
OHl5vbh.jpg

The caves were so cool because you would sometimes see something in the distance but try to find your way to get closer and unless you look in the exact right spot, you won’t find it. I saw this area from above first, then I walked by it 3 times before I finally got a close-up view!

kHW2uOf.jpg
8gS2vcG.jpg

(1 hr later I finally found it):
9h9M8PI.jpg

You can walk around the roots of the Swiss Family Treehouse

HOXeRGJ.jpg
J9WCfxK.jpg
3nS9dSC.jpg
KEYVGfi.jpg
Q11p0Rn.jpg

Looks like a dead-end, but that is an optical illusion!

dZMl0hl.jpg

The floating bridge, which actually took some effort to walk on because it was bouncy!

iJdIOAt.jpg
Y2xVZ17.jpg
sRIJ934.jpg
bWuT4yX.jpg
bwP7Tw8.jpg
vB7Xw0S.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter