Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

You ladies looked like you had a blast! Sad I wasn't able to join in on that adventure. :)

Jill in CO

And here we are ready to kill each other!
Forget letting the wookie win, apparently we should be worried about letting these ladies win!

Looks like a fun time at Disneyland with quite a rowdy group of Disers! Look forward to reading about any and all Disneyland updates you have since I haven't been out there in several years!

We all ended up meeting around 5PM and after a group shot, we headed upstairs for some refreshing libations!

I love this picture! We're all dressed so nicely and not in our usual park gear!

I ended up going with the Blushing Bride which I believe had rum, some kind of cream liqueur and either cranberry or grenadine to mimick the blood. It was very good, a little sweet and not too strong, if I had the chance again, I would have ordered the one with the fog and tree branches pictured in Liesa's TR.

I really enjoyed this drink but I forgot to take the stirrer!
I believe that Kari and a few others had the Roasted Tomato Bisque en Croute, Summer Zucchini, Basil. The soup was not as creamy as most of them would have liked, but the presentation was interesting.

I thought it was really great - it's actually good that it wasn't so creamy as the pastry was really buttery and it would have been too rich paired with creamy soup IMO.

Then we came to the point where I am almost always regretting how much I ate of the previous courses. I was starting to get full. We decided to split the Lobster Thermidor.

This was delicious! Sometimes lobster can be tough when it's out of the shell, but this was really well done and I loved that there was a mashed potato filling.
They were serving a special dessert Mansion Ice Box cake. It was only available in the dining room. It was raspberry based and pretty tasty!

OMG loved this dessert. In fact this meal ranks as one of the best Disney meals I've ever had. Everything about all these flavors were completely up my alley. I'd just love to have this menu again, although the likelyhood of them having the exact same items on the menu in the future would be rare!

x19DL0909EGW01a.jpg
Aww what a cute pic!

Then we went on HM where they had the overlay. I wished I’d gotten a picture of the Gingerbread house, but just never ended up doing it. Everyone else wanted to go on Splash, but I don’t do water rides because of IBS (Liesa’s term), So instead I got the seafood boil which was a special offering at the time. Su-Lynn came with me since she didn’t want to get wet either.

Getting wet is no bueno. I don't like the feeling of wearing wet clothes!

We met them at the end of the ride, and here they are on the ride.

I just realized that Splash DL and WDW are different? Is the seating different? I never go on Splash so I never paid attention!

Some were still a bit peckish so we got some Churros. Some got the traditional Churros while others got the special “Groom” Churro which was coated with chocolate. The Bride Churro was available in New Orleans Square and was coated with vanilla.

I got the bride churro but should have stuck with regular churro because I'm a churro purist at heart.

Someone grabbed me a bacon wrapped asparagus skewer.

This was tasty!

And I got my favorite raspberry dole whip swirl.

OMG this past weekend in MK, at Aloha Isle they had an amazing Cherry and Pistachio swirl over iced hot chocolate. It was the most amazing thing ever. If you like that Cherry - almond - frangipane flavor combo, you'd love this. It was huge and I finished the whole thing and I rarely can finish a dole whip float myself. If they have it in Feb, you should try it!

The rest of us hopped over to DCA, we rode Racers and evidently lost the race, but me, Su-Lynn and Steve Spoke no evil, heard no evil and saw no evil.

I love that we did that.
No clue what the rest of those crazies were doing! :laughing:
Vogue-ing?
Next up we rode Guardians. Su-Lynn rode against her better judgement and I think she regretted that choice.

100% REGRET
I'm still traumatized.
Liesa had an early flight to catch so she was the first one to bow out, but not before we did an obligatory Chunkydump.

Every Epic Trip now has to have one (or a few) chunkydump!

You have me drooling over the bacon wrapped asparagus and the raspberry dolewhip. Must get these on the next trip.

Both are excellent choices, and in close proximity.

Yes let's plan to get together in March.

What are your dates again? We just. Booked some tasting seminars of March 15, and a couple Winemaker receptions as well.

Totally okay. Sometimes you... well, at least I get a bit tired of touring with trip reports in mind.

At DL, I'm rarely thinking about writing TRs, but I should cause I almost always do and I struggle for remembering what I did! :laughing:

Yum! Yes, please. I so enjoyed when we did that. :)

Now I want that again. :faint:

That's a regret. I keep hearing how DL's churros are so much better...

I'm not sure I've ever had one at WDW. They're not my favorite sweet snack.

Hmmm... I keep seeing that ride written as MF or SR and everyone's confused... that certainly makes it clearer, but...

I read it slightly differently at first... read it with the M standing for Mother... :rolleyes:

I think Andy had that same thought :rolleyes1

I've never tried that... I think I should.

It's very good!

Not a fan of drops...

No. She says she is still traumatized. :sad2:

:dancer: Another EPIC Trip!!!

:banana:

Yeah, for sure! But at least at those lounges you get your money's worth, IYKWIM.

Well, sort of. Yeah.

Pick away, as long as it's not your nose.

Next time we get together we'll have to talk aperture and film speed. Should be a riveting conversation.

... of which I got a nasty case. Kari and I were absolutely, completely soaked!

The reason I dont rides things like Splash.

Nom nom nom. That was heavenly!

::yes:: And as I told Pkondz now I want to go back to that restaurant. Either that or go to Ale & Compass on my trip and order that!

l look like I'm trying hard not to soil myself.

::yes::

:lmao: Okay, that's super funny!!

We look like we're in a bar fight!

Our own thang, I guess. ??

:lmao:

It had to be done.

Well....I guess so....

Well, yeah! You DID just ChunkyDump! ;)

So I would be unpooped? :confused3

Looks like it was a great day!

It was quite fun!

OMG I totally forgot about that pic! So crazy!

But certainly fun!

You ladies looked like you had a blast! Sad I wasn't able to join in on that adventure. :)

Yeah but you got to go to London and all sorts of other fun things, so you kinda had a trade off.

That was seconds before Kari and I got completely doused and were dripping wet the entire rest of the day.

As I said, the reason I don't ride Splash.

Forget letting the wookie win, apparently we should be worried about letting these ladies win!

Like that! :laughing:

Looks like a fun time at Disneyland with quite a rowdy group of Disers! Look forward to reading about any and all Disneyland updates you have since I haven't been out there in several years!

I'll have to pay more attention to details when I'm out there. I often forget to take pictures of even the general stuff since I get out there often and only take pictures of food, but there's plenty more I could take pics of!

I love this picture! We're all dressed so nicely and not in our usual park gear!

We clean up pretty nice!

I really enjoyed this drink but I forgot to take the stirrer!

If you want one, I have a few...although I dont remember which one it was there were two that season.

I thought it was really great - it's actually good that it wasn't so creamy as the pastry was really buttery and it would have been too rich paired with creamy soup IMO.

I can see that. Later in the year they paired that presentation with a different soup. Coming in a later update.

This was delicious! Sometimes lobster can be tough when it's out of the shell, but this was really well done and I loved that there was a mashed potato filling.

It was very tasty. But I'm going to stick with meats for my main course, just because I'm so full by that point and they make better leftovers!

loved this dessert. In fact this meal ranks as one of the best Disney meals I've ever had. Everything about all these flavors were completely up my alley. I'd just love to have this menu again, although the likelyhood of them having the exact same items on the menu in the future would be rare!

This was really food, but there was one in December that I think even topped this one!

Aww what a cute pic!

It looks like Liesa is resisting doing a Chunky Dump. :laughing:

Getting wet is no bueno. I don't like the feeling of wearing wet clothes!

Same here. That's why we both passed on the ride!

I just realized that Splash DL and WDW are different? Is the seating different? I never go on Splash so I never paid attention!

I couldn't tell you I dont go on either!

I got the bride churro but should have stuck with regular churro because I'm a churro purist at heart.

Actually you must have got the Groom Churro because we didnt go to the stand with the Bride Churro. Not sure why they didnt have them both at the same stand but there was only a choice for the chocolate covered and standard churro where we bought them.

This was tasty!

One of my all time favorites in the park!

OMG this past weekend in MK, at Aloha Isle they had an amazing Cherry and Pistachio swirl over iced hot chocolate. It was the most amazing thing ever. If you like that Cherry - almond - frangipane flavor combo, you'd love this. It was huge and I finished the whole thing and I rarely can finish a dole whip float myself. If they have it in Feb, you should try it!

I'm not a huge fan of cherry flavored stuff. I'm not sure if I would have been all that gung ho for that. Plus chocolate drinks tend to make me sick. I have to be careful with them.

I love that we did that.

Rarely do I have people to coordinate a pose with!

Vogue-ing?

::yes::

100% REGRET
I'm still traumatized.

:hug:

Every Epic Trip now has to have one (or a few) chunkydump!

:laughing:

So folks, this TR is officially DONE! I have more bonus features but they take place after the current TR and really I have a good segue into the next bonus feature after the last update on the TR.

If you're not already following along you can find it here. Theres one more chapter coming in about three days, and then the bonus features will resume there!

Hope to see you over there if you aren't already!

Thanks for taking us all on another fun adventure, Alison!

Thanks for following along! It's no fun without your friends chiming in on the fun!

Always tough to resist a good ChunkyDump!

Wonderful TR, Alison! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into bringing us stories and photos! :D

I'm glad you were along for the journey. The more the merrier!

Another great TR! I just love reading about all of your adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!