Doombuggy goes to Vero Beach 3/17-19

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
We took a short three-day trip to Vero Beach beginning on St. Patrick’s Day. We arrived at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort (DVBR) shortly after 2pm and we were able to check in to our 1 BR right away. It was on the first floor and faced the ocean. Unfortunately, you cannot see the ocean, due to the shrubbery and the cottages that block the view. We could hear the ocean waves crashing on the shore, however. Once we settled in, we took a walk around the resort to check everything out, and then went on the beach for a walk.
P3170085.jpg

That bit of color in the sky is a kite.
Later that evening, we went to The Green Cabin Room for a light dinner. It being St. Patrick’s Day and Mom being Irish, she had some corned beef & cabbage. I stuck to a burger, with garlic fries (very yummy). We returned to our suite to watch POTC 2 on the DVD player [there is only 1 DVD player and it is in the LR].

Sunday we decided to go sit on the beach, regardless of the fact that it was a little chilly (mid to upper 60s) and windy. So we rented two chairs and a cabana (to help block the wind). I was intent on sitting there most of the day, since I had paid for the darn chairs & Cabana ($26+tax for DVC members). My feet got a little sunburned. Later, after I had a soak in the large Roman tub, we went to a local restaurant about 10 miles south of the resort called South Beach Grill. The food was excellent.
P3170087.jpg

Monday morning was check out day. I decided to get up at 7am to see the sunrise. I was not the only one at the beach, waiting for the sun. Unfortunately, the sun came up behind a cloud…
P3190088.jpg

P3190089.jpg

On I went to Shutters for breakfast. I sat out on the enclosed porch by myself and enjoyed the view. I did chat with a couple of the waitresses – the staff there is SO NICE. As I was leaving, I noticed this lovely display…
P3190090.jpg

We had to check out at 11am, as the resort was at capacity. As we said goodbye to the staff at DVBR, we noticed how many miles to some of our favorite destinations…
P3170083.jpg

I would highly recommend this resort. While it was unseasonably cool and quite windy while we were there, we still enjoyed it. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the report. Great pictures! We really enjoyed our short stay at Vero and would love to go back sometime soon.

We're going next year to VB and DH is probably more excited than the kids!

Thanks for the pictures, you have probably given him the idea of early morning walks to watch the sun come up.

:goodvibes Thanks! We love VB. Here is a sunrise from last August.

DSCF3026.jpg

We're headed to HHI this summer since we haven't been there in 6 years... so we're going to miss VB this summer :sad1:

Glad you had a good time :beach:

We just got back from Vero Feb 25 to March 2nd. left before the cool weather, it was an amazing relaxing trip. Didn't like the pull-out sofa but besides that Vero rocks and we will be back.

Your beautiful pictures make me want to go back again soon! Thank you so much for taking the time to share.

The resort doesn't have any kennels and, of course, animals are not allowed. If you called the resort (or MS) they might be able to give you the names of a local kennel.

Starr W. - your hubby would love the walk on the beach at sunrise - peace & quite, except for some birds (here's to hoping they don't poop on him like they did to me....on my foot Sunday).

gtrist4life, I did not get any bug bites when I was there. I did not evey use the bug spray, which I brought. It was probably due to the wind and the lower temps. I would estimate the wind at up to 20 MPH. It is probably still pretty windy there, as there are still rip current warnings on the news.

jdg345, they do mention that there are kennels in the area that they could direct you to. I live in the Orlando area, and had to board my cat. He goes to Absolute Heaven Pet Spa, which is on Colonial Dr (RT 50). They board dogs and cats and I would recommend this place ot anyone. If you are thinking of doing a WDW/Vero Trip, you could leave your pet there while you are at Vero. There is someone there 24 hours a day. PM me if you need their number, or do an internet search. :)

Glad you had a good time at VB. Thanks for sharing the pics.pirate:

The resort doesn't have any kennels and, of course, animals are not allowed. If you called the resort (or MS) they might be able to give you the names of a local kennel.
Recommend this business nearby the Resort on the mainland. It's just south of SR510 Wabasso Bridge / West of US1 on Hobart Rd. (77th Street)

http://dogkidz.com/

Starr W. - your hubby would love the walk on the beach at sunrise - peace & quite, except for some birds (here's to hoping they don't poop on him like they did to me....on my foot Sunday).

gtrist4life, I did not get any bug bites when I was there. I did not evey use the bug spray, which I brought. It was probably due to the wind and the lower temps. I would estimate the wind at up to 20 MPH. It is probably still pretty windy there, as there are still rip current warnings on the news.

jdg345, they do mention that there are kennels in the area that they could direct you to. I live in the Orlando area, and had to board my cat. He goes to Absolute Heaven Pet Spa, which is on Colonial Dr (RT 50). They board dogs and cats and I would recommend this place ot anyone. If you are thinking of doing a WDW/Vero Trip, you could leave your pet there while you are at Vero. There is someone there 24 hours a day. PM me if you need their number, or do an internet search. :)

Don't worry Doombuggy, he shaves his head(easy clean up:rotfl2: ) plus he usually wears a hat! Knowing him and my youngest DS 5, we'll be doing it everyday, much to the chagrin of the family slug DS 10 .

We overlaped, checked in late Sunday night, March 18th, and we were in a first floor studio room. After and with the winds came the rain, lots of it, through Tuesday afternoon, when the sun came out and we headed for the pool!

Your pictures are wonderful. We loved our little VB trip so much, we booked a short one for over Labor Day weekend before this trip was over!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We made a quick one day visit about 2 years ago.

The place is really nice and the CM's are great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter