Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

AND just an update on my recent thoughts on my *very favorite* Disney Dooney - I have noticed that the Haunted Mansion silhouettes available on various reseller platforms have come down in price and are definitely not selling as quickly (and many times, not at all). I think the initial heat is off and buyers have moved on to other things - exhausted by the initial release. Satchels and totes are still too pricey IMHO. The tote is my Holy Grail but I just can't justify trying to find one at 3am every morning - besides which it seems they update the website throughout the day. The HM satchel that has been 'available' on DS.com is still sold out like the others but it seems they can't (or won't) fix the IT glitch that lets it sit there - tantalizing everyone who comes across it. Hoping for that Halloween restock.

I agree! Love the colors but just don't 'feel' the pattern. This could have been a sensational bag for the holidays - I think this one is a miss. And what's with the backorder? I think even Disney doesn't want to take a chance and be stuck with inventory. I sorta wish they would do this with all the new releases. Gives everyone a fair shot at getting a bag.
what's so weird is that it ships around ll/26. the film debuts at the beginning of november i think and being a seasonal bag, wouldn't people want to use it earlier than december? i would if i were getting it. these won't even arrive until early december. also, not enough disney theming. such a shame cuz i love the color.

what's so weird is that it ships around ll/26. the film debuts at the beginning of november i think and being a seasonal bag, wouldn't people want to use it earlier than december? i would if i were getting it. these won't even arrive until early december. also, not enough disney theming. such a shame cuz i love the color.
exactly! love the colors but not enough disney theming - just missing that something special that elevates a Disney Dooney bag.

eBay is offering the 10% back in Bonus Bucks again (which I think you have to activate first) through the app. Good time to buy a bag you’ve had your eye on.

eBay is offering the 10% back in Bonus Bucks again (which I think you have to activate first) through the app. Good time to buy a bag you’ve had your eye on.
so you get 10% back that you have to use on another purchase at another time? not 10% off a purchase?

Hi All

Are you reading the Nutcracker print as mint green or more turquoise? Kinda wish if it was so holiday it would be more Christmas than turquoise.

Well maybe I don't need another Disney bag...(especially for a movie I haven't even seen LOL)

Everybody seems negative on the Nutcracker bag. I guess they want to gauge interest before producing it, to tell whether it’s a “sell out in an hour” or “end up in the outlet” type. Personally, I love it and feel a connection with the Nutcracker, movie or not. I’ll be selling last year’s holiday tote & buying this one. But I am trying to hold out for it to appear on the app so that can get my discount.

I saw this year’s holiday tote and was disappointed. It’s not bad but I like last year’s better. I want to get last year’s but it’ s still pricey on eBay

I have a question. What do you think about a non-member wearing a DVC Dooney? I really like the 2016 one and the resale prices are reasonable. I’m thinking “well, I’ve bought points before so close enough?” Dunno if that’s too weird

Last edited:
I saw this year’s holiday tote and was disappointed. It’s not bad but I like last year’s better. I want to get last year’s but it’ s still pricey on eBay

I have a question. What do you think about a non-member wearing a DVC Dooney? I really like the 2016 one and the resale prices are reasonable. I’m thinking “well, I’ve bought points before so close enough?” Dunno if that’s too weird

I say if you like the print go for it!

not sure if anyone is looking for this, but the princess ear hat crossbody showed up available on the app so the AP discount will apply : )

I agree with gryhndmom, go for it! The only risk is that DVC members will come up and talk to you, but speaking for myself, I enjoy talking to any Disney lover & wouldn’t hold it against you! Some people are down about carrying a rundisney bag if you didn’t run the race, but I’m good with all of it.

Joining in. DD17 mentioned yesterday she was considering buying a Disney D&B when we are at the Halloween Party on October 21 (only there for 1 day - going to SeaWorld, 3 day Cruise than Halloween Party). So then we went online and was looking at all the patterns. I didn't know there was so many cute ones. Of course the favorites are all limited or older. (Haunted Mansion, Disney Dogs, Beauty and Beast). I was on Ebay last night and ended up buying the HM Crossbody - EBay had a 1 day sale of 15% off and it worked. So, I got it for $200. A bit more than what the store was selling them for but not too bad.

Will have to see what designs they have in stock when we are there. This could be addicting!!

Joining in. DD17 mentioned yesterday she was considering buying a Disney D&B when we are at the Halloween Party on October 21 (only there for 1 day - going to SeaWorld, 3 day Cruise than Halloween Party). So then we went online and was looking at all the patterns. I didn't know there was so many cute ones. Of course the favorites are all limited or older. (Haunted Mansion, Disney Dogs, Beauty and Beast). I was on Ebay last night and ended up buying the HM Crossbody - EBay had a 1 day sale of 15% off and it worked. So, I got it for $200. A bit more than what the store was selling them for but not too bad.

Will have to see what designs they have in stock when we are there. This could be addicting!!

It is very addicting! Too many patterns, not enough $$!

Hi all! I just found this thread! I do not yet have a Dooney, but I am headed to WDW in early December to celebrate my 50th birthday and I am treating myself to a Dooney! I have wanted one for years but just couldn't justify the price, but now I am in a place where I can afford it plus it's my 50th birthday!

I am still debating what pattern and what type of bag I want! I love the sketch and will probably end up with a tote depending on how it feels on my shoulder (I am picky about that!).

Glad to have found this thread so I can look at all the pictures!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!