Dopey 2016 or bust

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
After doing numerous races many of them at Disney I have decided I want to be a runner...I have walked all my previous races. The problem is that I am about 60pds over weight maybe a bit more. I have set my goal to do Dopey in 2016 that is a month away from my 50th birthday. I am not waiting for a New Years Resolution I am starting today. I have bought a Vivofit and will start my trek to get healthy and start running.

"Official" training for Dopey would start Sept 2015 so that gives me 9 months to lose the weight and start intervals as well as build muscle.

I am very lucky to have a very supportive husband and kids who will keep my meals on track and get me out moving.

I will be checking in every few days to record my progress and to keep myself accountable.

One day at a time and I will get to where I want to be.

Kim

Yikes, I totally forgot I started this :( . I am still planning on Dopey 2016. I am working on my train to train plan and just trying to decide which dopey training plan to follow. Right now the plan is still to lose weight and increase my run increments.

Good luck with your training. A piece of advice - have a training plan through the entire year to get you ready for Dopey. Pick a 5k in the spring and train for that. Pick a 10k for early summer and train for that. Pick a half for the late summer or early fall and train for that. Then roll straight into your Dopey training. This will allow you to slowly build up your base mileage without risking injury while also providing you with short term goals (and a reason to get out of the door every day).

Goals are important, but they need to be near enough that you have a sense of urgency.

Good Luck!

My husband and I are perfect Dopey, running it in 2014 and 2015, to give you an idea, our VERY FIRST 5K ever was the WDW 20th Anniversary 5K in 2013. So, anything is possible. I would strongly recommend running/walking a full marathon prior to Dopey though, all the other races are fairly "piece of cake" the full is something completely different though. Here is our report from the first Dopey including our training up to that point, thought it might be helpful.

http://jeffreyjennifer.blogspot.com/2014/01/an-unexpected-journey-part-1.html

Jennifer

Well apparently it was bust as I have not lost any weight and not going in 2016... Just can't make it happen. Will be doing Wine and Dine 2015 however. My goal is now 2017 I have a lot of work to do but I have a support system and will make this happen.

Actions are stronger then words so time to show what I can do.

Kim

Here is day 1, had my smoothie for breakfast. I find these fill me up. I have snacks all set for today and since I work close to home I will be home for lunch. Have a 3 mile walk on tap for tonight.

I would like to lose 30 PDs before food and wine.

Kim

Your name is Hockeychic so I already like you! (I may be more hockey obsessed than Disney obsessed, which considering how Disney obsessed I am is saying something.)
Hopefully you do not mind that I am a Blackhawks fan...I know we have quite the list of "enemies."

If you need any encouragement en route to your Wine n Dine, I will cheer-lead you as much as I can. My goal is a 10k or half in 2016 as 2015 is the year of 5ks for me. I'm envious you will be doing Wine n Dine and look forward to your progress.
ALSO YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!