Dopey 2020.....

Dates are up 8th - 12th Jan :)

@JediMickey1138 My sister turns 40 on the 6th Jan 2020 so we're doing the Dopey for that, it's our first one to Disney and Run Disney too :)

Anyone have any training ideas?? I'm hoping to complete 4 half's and one full marathon this year and work up to running 11 miles 3 times in a row over 3 days. I've been told that I should go out for a run and stop randomly for 10 minutes at a time so I get used to the stopping, queuing and starting again.
I have a similar year planned: 3 or 4 halves and my first full (cost 10$ more than the half and worst case I can take the exit for the half and be timed as such). I have a generic marathon training plan (with speed intervals, long runs etc) that I will losely adjust for Dopey as per this suggestion:
I worked backward from race weekend, making my final b2b2b2b simulation 3 weeks before race weekend. So going backwards, it looked like this:
Dopey
cut-back
cut-back
3/6/12/22
cut-back
2/5/11/20
cut-back
1/4/10/18
cut-back
3/9/16
cut-back
2/8/15
cut-back
1/7/14

I know from past experience my body responds really well to b2b training, so I did plenty of them. YMMV, of course.

I will be doing my first marathon in 10 years this summer. Also have a half, a 16 miler, and a 400 meter climb(up a ski jump).

I think that should get me set up alright for dopey training. My biggest concern like most people is the wake up. I will be coming from mountain time zone.

After doing the WDW 10 km and full in 2018, i have been but by the challenge race bug. I did "Run the Hammer" Challenge in Hamilton On this November (5 km and 10 km on the Sat and 1/2 on the Sunday) and am seriously considering the Dopey 2020!!!

After doing the WDW 10 km and full in 2018, i have been but by the challenge race bug. I did "Run the Hammer" Challenge in Hamilton On this November (5 km and 10 km on the Sat and 1/2 on the Sunday) and am seriously considering the Dopey 2020!!!
That bug must run in Canada...
I ran the WnD Two Course Challenge in 2017 then, in 2018, the Voyageur Challenge in Ottawa and the Remix Challenge in Montreal! My 2019 race calendar is lighter, mostly to save for Dopey and Lumberjack in 2020.

That bug must run in Canada...
I ran the WnD Two Course Challenge in 2017 then, in 2018, the Voyageur Challenge in Ottawa and the Remix Challenge in Montreal! My 2019 race calendar is lighter, mostly to save for Dopey and Lumberjack in 2020.
I'm looking at doing the Tamarack this May!!!

My dd will be doing Dopey in 2020! She wanted to this year but was several months shy of the 18 year old age limit. She ran the LA Marathon in 2018 and is running it again this year so the full will be her third. I am so proud of her and excited for her as she really misses the DL races. This is a great goal for her to work towards.

Plus this gives me a great chance to plan a trip to WDW.

My dd will be doing Dopey in 2020! She wanted to this year but was several months shy of the 18 year old age limit. She ran the LA Marathon in 2018 and is running it again this year so the full will be her third. I am so proud of her and excited for her as she really misses the DL races. This is a great goal for her to work towards.

Plus this gives me a great chance to plan a trip to WDW.

Good for her! I did LA in 2017 and love the course.

I have a similar year planned: 3 or 4 halves and my first full (cost 10$ more than the half and worst case I can take the exit for the half and be timed as such). I have a generic marathon training plan (with speed intervals, long runs etc) that I will losely adjust for Dopey as per this suggestion:

Hey! Just seen this, sorry!! I've been looking at training plans but I'm never really one to follow something all the way (started to do couch to 5K and did my first half before the end instead!!) I think we're looking at doing our b2b runs and running to work and back (11 miles each way). Don't know whether it will be an in and out kinda thing or a out one day in the next if you get what I mean. Currently training for the Coventry half and having a bad go of it. I had a God awful cold and had to cut my training to 8 weeks so it's pretty intensive and I'm still not feeling all there 4 weeks in!

As soon as I crossed the marathon finish this past January (my first) I knew I was doing Dopey 2020. Even had to take the name and join here to feed my Disney addiction. I was fortunate enough to meet some DIS members this past weekend at the SW Rival run and hope to meet more in future races.

Early registration is only 2 days away!!

As soon as I crossed the marathon finish this past January (my first) I knew I was doing Dopey 2020. Even had to take the name and join here to feed my Disney addiction. I was fortunate enough to meet some DIS members this past weekend at the SW Rival run and hope to meet more in future races.

Early registration is only 2 days away!!
:welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!