double or single stroller?

chimommy

Mouseketeer
We have always got a double stroller rental at Disney. My kids are getting older now and really we only need a single stroller for our youngest. Im just wondering if we should get the double, just for storage room for things like water souvenirs? I just think a single would be easier to maneuver, but I don't want to regret not having the extra storage room. Thanks

Single. Much easier to get around and you don't need a double since you only have one child using it.
Honestly the more storage space the more you will take and the more you will have to lug around (wouldn't be leaving things like souvenirs in the stroller when you're going into an attraction or restaurant)

I’m wondering how old your oldest is. I ask because we just came back and I had opted for a single because my oldest never uses the stroller anymore and I assumed she would be walking the majority of the day. I was very wrong. For the amount of miles you walk in Disney she needed to ride
In the stroller significantly more than I planned. Also, when she was walking and we needed to get somewhere fast, well we weren’t getting there very fast at all. In the chaos of all the people going a million different directions we ended up putting her in the stroller a lot and carrying the youngest. I regretted the single in our circumstance, but you know your kids best!

Have a great trip!

Double, it really isn’t that much larger then the single and you end get more space for your stuff... my biggest complaint about Disney strollers is lack of storage though! Plus on the off chance your oldest gets tired it’s there.

You've already done the double stroller routine at Disney so I suspect you know the ins and outs first hand.
That being the case do what ever makes the most sense to you and yours.

Should you be staying on site you might want to remember that your purchases can be delivered directly to your hotel at no extra charge.

I vote double. We cheaped out and got the single once and really wished we had gotten the double.

If you really don't think you'll need the double for your older kid, I'd go with the single.

I vote double stroller, I love having storage space. Poncho's, drinks, snacks, disinfectant wipes, etc......takes up room! Plus I have to agree with another poster, what if older one gets a bit tired...it may pay off to have the extra seat. You know how much you will take in the parks though, and if there is NO WAY the oldest will need a rest, do the single.

I’m taking a double even though my oldest is 6. We walk 11 miles a day at Disney and maybe 1 or 2 days would be ok but not 7 days straight. Last year he napped in it once or twice. He can sit even if his little sister naps. It also prevented crankiness by giving him time to rest. They weren’t arguing over who gets to sit in the stroller. I don’t have to deal with a child telling me his feet hurt and walking too slow.

Should I rent a Double stroller or a Keenz wagon? Any feedback on which one is easier to get around with and which one has more storage? I have an 8 year old daughter and my autistic son is 6. I am concerned that the double stroller might not uncomfortable for my daughter.

Should I rent a Double stroller or a Keenz wagon? Any feedback on which one is easier to get around with and which one has more storage? I have an 8 year old daughter and my autistic son is 6. I am concerned that the double stroller might not uncomfortable for my daughter.

Perhaps you can visit a nearby stroller store, sit your children in it, and see which is easier to push and turn for you?

This link may help you decide:

https://www.littlebabygear.com/stroller-wagon-big-kid/

If you don't already know it WDW offers a Disability Access Service card which can be useful as well.

I really hate those big plastic strollers. I really like the nice umbrella strollers I could just pick it up and go up/down stairs. Ours had a nice basket on bottom I still think it held more than the double plastic one.

We are struggling with the same question. We used a double before and wouldn't have made it without it. But now Oldest daughter is 8 going on 9 and she is tall. son is seven . I keep going back and forth on whether they are just too old. Then I remember all the walking...and remember end of the night (and just being able to keep them contained is a plus) or when in a hurry for an ADR that the stroller was awesome. So was either going double or nothing, lol.....can't decide...might rent one and just use it sparingly...will probably make a last minute decision...

The double strollers are just such a hassle to push, I can't imagine using one if it wasn't a need. The single strollers have tons of storage space if you're not bringing the kitchen sink, but I'm a big fan of not toting around crap that you MAY need and just buying something if you do need it.

I really hate those big plastic strollers. I really like the nice umbrella strollers I could just pick it up and go up/down stairs. Ours had a nice basket on bottom I still think it held more than the double plastic one.
Those were such life changers when they first came out in probably the '70's. Before them were the perambulators that in multi dwellings lived under the staircase on the first floor or in the carriage room in the building's basement. The "prams" were made for children up to about the age of 3 and were all chrome and tightly woven twill or canvas. Different times:).

I think it depends on your touring style. All day at the parks or do you take breaks? At WDW we normally rent a double through an outside company. Last summer we did Disneyland and only had our umbrella stroller. Our kids were 4 and 7. I thought it would be fine, but I missed it! We are not midday nap people, so by the end of the day we really wished for the double. We had to walk out of the park and down the street to the hotel. Most nights we put the 7 year old (small for her age) in the stroller and took turns carrying the 4 year old.

And before someone rolls their eyes at a 7 year old using a stroller, our kids are both active and healthy. We do not take a stroller anywhere else.

Personally I HATE double strollers. I have three kids and we take two umbrella strollers. The youngest gets the stroller 90% of the time and then the older two (5 & 3) get the other as needed. They like to walk but having a place to sit is huge. We make sure to plan for naps too. I wore a step counter last time I was at WDW so I do no judge kids in strollers regardless of age there haha! Its crazy how much you walk! Heck I'd sit in a stroller if someone would push me.

I found having the two cheapy umbrella strollers were so much easier to get around over doubles. I bought little diaper bags specifically made for them that hooked on to give us some storage as well.

Personally I HATE double strollers. I have three kids and we take two umbrella strollers. The youngest gets the stroller 90% of the time and then the older two (5 & 3) get the other as needed. They like to walk but having a place to sit is huge. We make sure to plan for naps too. I wore a step counter last time I was at WDW so I do no judge kids in strollers regardless of age there haha! Its crazy how much you walk! Heck I'd sit in a stroller if someone would push me.

I found having the two cheapy umbrella strollers were so much easier to get around over doubles. I bought little diaper bags specifically made for them that hooked on to give us some storage as well.
Our 8 year old loves riding at WDW when she gets tired. It’s just part of the routine, I guess? My five year old mostly walks, but at the end of the day or if we need to get somewhere quickly it’s just easier. Sometimes he complains and I always tell him I wish some would push me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!