Double stroller rental -- car seat??

Samantha Norton

Disney mama
We'll be in Disney in a few weeks and I still haven't decided on wether I should bring our stroller or rent one. Ours is a Contours double and I love the space and versatility of the seat positioning, BUT to fold it up, both seats need to first be removed so it's in three separate parts. I can see this being super annoying on the shuttles.
I have my 3 year old and my 3 month old who we are bringing his infant car seat, for use on the plane. At home, I normally clip his car seat into our stroller with the use of an adapter I purchased. So to fold it each time we get on the shuttles, we'd have the stroller itself, my toddler's seat, the infant car seat, and the adapter bar to carry, along with our diaper bag and whatever else we'll be carrying.

Is anyone aware of any double stroller rentals that can be used with a Graco snugride 35 car seat OR with an adapter that I can purchase?

last year my younger granddaughter was 4 months old and we just used the offsite rental double stroller with the one seat relined for her. did not use car seat in that it was just too hot in car seat. worked very well for us

last year my younger granddaughter was 4 months old and we just used the offsite rental double stroller with the one seat relined for her. did not use car seat in that it was just too hot in car seat. worked very well for us
I called Kingdom strollers to ask about what's best for an infant and they advised me that I should not use any of their strollers for an infant under 6 months since I cannot have him in a car seat.

I wouldn't use a car seat in a stroller at WDW, too hot, and too long. I'd rent one that lays close to flat.

I agree with mjkacmom. BUT, if you wish to use the carseat, the City Mini Double and City Mini GT double (both rentable from Kingdom strollers) can take the Graco snugride 35 with a very un-obtrusive adapter that will fold up with the stroller. It's super easy to take the car seat on and off with the adapter. It snaps into the accessory slot on the stroller. the carseat slides onto the slotted area on the adapter, much like it clicks on and off of your carseat base in your car. The City Mini line of double strollers has a super easy one hand fold, and will fold super flat for taking on and off the buses. I've seen them in action in WDW, and it looked by far the best choice for a double stroller while using Disney transportation.

If you want more info, you can PM me. I have the City Mini GT single stroller, but it works the same on the double. My Baby Jogger City GO carseat uses this same adapter as the Graco Snugride 35. I love my travel system!

Also, I truly believe that Kingdom Strollers were just covering theirselves when they said that you cannot use their strollers for infants under 6 months. All of the City Mini line of strollers will allow use of the stroller seat from newborn up (per the MFG guidelines for use), as long as you keep the infant strapped in and in the fully recline position. I personally have used my City Mini GT with my little guy from 4wks old. He's only 4 months, and I still use it in the fully reclined position, and plan on taking my City Mini GT with us for our August trip.
AJA09BJB-baby-jogger-graco-single-adaptor-primary

I agree with mjkacmom. BUT, if you wish to use the carseat, the City Mini Double and City Mini GT double (both rentable from Kingdom strollers) can take the Graco snugride 35 with a very un-obtrusive adapter that will fold up with the stroller. It's super easy to take the car seat on and off with the adapter. It snaps into the accessory slot on the stroller. the carseat slides onto the slotted area on the adapter, much like it clicks on and off of your carseat base in your car. The City Mini line of double strollers has a super easy one hand fold, and will fold super flat for taking on and off the buses. I've seen them in action in WDW, and it looked by far the best choice for a double stroller while using Disney transportation.

If you want more info, you can PM me. I have the City Mini GT single stroller, but it works the same on the double. My Baby Jogger City GO carseat uses this same adapter as the Graco Snugride 35. I love my travel system!

Also, I truly believe that Kingdom Strollers were just covering theirselves when they said that you cannot use their strollers for infants under 6 months. All of the City Mini line of strollers will allow use of the stroller seat from newborn up (per the MFG guidelines for use), as long as you keep the infant strapped in and in the fully recline position. I personally have used my City Mini GT with my little guy from 4wks old. He's only 4 months, and I still use it in the fully reclined position, and plan on taking my City Mini GT with us for our August trip.
AJA09BJB-baby-jogger-graco-single-adaptor-primary

We rented a City mini double GT last year and the attachment we had for the car seat would have prevented the stroller from folding. But ... I would also advise that you can put your infant in the stroller seat, well reclined, and they will be fine. We ended up taking off the adapter and just using the stroller as is for our 4yo and 3 mo old and the baby was fine.

Kboo, I just checked the MFG site for the adapter required for the Poster's particular car seat, the Graco Snugride 35, and here is the product description:

The Double Car Seat Adapter securely attaches your Baby Jogger® City GO™ or Graco®Click Connect™car seat to your side-by-side double Baby Jogger stroller. The Double Car Seat Adapter is the easiest way to turn your stroller into a customized travel system. You can even fold the stroller with the adapter attached, giving you the most versatile travel system available. Must remove canopy.
So, according to the MFG, she should be able to fold the stroller without removing the adapter.

When we went with my infant daughter & toddler son we decided to purchase two good quality umbrella strollers specifically for trips like disney world & leave our big double at home. We went with the Graco Breaze since it reclines basically flat, has a huge sun shade, folds with one hand & is made to hold an infant without a carseat (or with a Graco click connect). We find it easier to go to WDW with two single strollers rather than a big double when dealing with the buses. Plus, we want to have strollers in the airports. Here's a picture of it being used with an infant. I agree a car seat will be too hot. (sorry the pic is so big, it's how DIS uploaded it??)

22811191-f306-49cc-95e8-0d57f3ca5cde_1.d1b09033efd3821cc9fd09b41871a92c.jpeg

When we went with my infant daughter & toddler son we decided to purchase two good quality umbrella strollers specifically for trips like disney world & leave our big double at home. We went with the Graco Breaze since it reclines basically flat, has a huge sun shade, folds with one hand & is made to hold an infant without a carseat (or with a Graco click connect). We find it easier to go to WDW with two single strollers rather than a big double when dealing with the buses. Plus, we want to have strollers in the airports. Here's a picture of it being used with an infant. I agree a car seat will be too hot. (sorry the pic is so big, it's how DIS uploaded it??)

I feel like OP may struggle getting 2 strollers, a car seat, 2 kids, and any carry ins through the airport. At least, the picture in my head of this scenario looks difficult.

OP, have you considered wearing the baby? Just wanted to offer another idea.

I called Kingdom strollers to ask about what's best for an infant and they advised me that I should not use any of their strollers for an infant under 6 months since I cannot have him in a car seat.
can not remember company but was not Kingdom Strollers that we used. in the heat of summer daughter had stopped using car seat with stroller at home and just reclined seat of stroller as it was so hot in car seat even at home before we left for Disney. used in car of course but when walking granddaughter was happier and cooler reclined in stroller seat. granted she was second child and spent a lot of time being pushed after big sister

You have to do what you feel is best...but 3 years ago I bought a city mini for my 12 week old to go to Disney with in October. It was way to hot to have a car seat. Plus that's so much more to carry around everywhere. You just need a stroller that reclines " near flat".I read alot of reviews before I picked a stroller. So for you I'm thinking renting a double city mini would be your best and easiest bet. Also bring a carrier for when baby needs to be held. City mini has amazing sun shade. So easy to push one handed and folds one handed. Hope you have a great trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts