Doubletree Suites price change depending on room occupancy?

Penmac

Mouseketeer
I did some research on Doubletree Suites Disney Springs for our upcoming July trip. Initially, I was just quickly checking rates and did not change the occupancy from 1 adult/no children. Later in the day, I went back and changed the number to include my spouse and children for the suite sleeping a total of 6. The price jumped from $162/night to $300+/night. I went back to 1 person, back down to $162.

I am going to assume that when you try and book the early fastpass window you need to have all numbers accounted for in your room? Assuming I can't book a room for 1 person and then get early fastpass access for 6, so I guess we would have to pay a considerable amount for that extra FP/EMH convenience. Should have known it sounded a little too good to be true for that price. :-)

I just checked for a week in July .... we are thinking about going, we are Hilton people and love the Doubletree.

For my week I got $151 with 1 person; changed party to 2 adults & 3 kids ... and it stayed the same $151.

Now I did notice that the two bedroom is almost $300 ... could you have been looking at that by accident?

Ok, I must have made a mistake somewhere. Maybe I clicked on the wrong Hilton Disney springs property! It’s still at $162. Thanks!! I need to get some sleep!!

I have seen a few hotels that charge slightly more for two than one, but it’s pretty rare and I have never seen it at the Doubletree. I guess they reason that two people will use more utilities and eat more free breakfast than one. But since I prefer to book double even if I am traveling solo, it bugs me when I see it.

Just select 2 adults and 4 children and that should keep you at the same rate.. If you select more than 2 adults in a room there is normally an additional fee per every adult beyond 2, this does not normally apply for children which is why the poster above with 2 adults/3 children saw the same rate.. Unfortunately this is a standard practice in the hotel industry to discourage people from overcrowding rooms and exceeding the maximum occupancy of a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter