Down Town Disney

We like eating at rainforest, going into the lego store, and apparantly there is an awesome candy store i havent noticed before that we will be visiting next trip

We also like rainforest. Especially if you have kids there are coupons and can get rewards by using the Landrys card. I also really like the art store and the stores that have the Star Wars merch and the other Disney colab stuff. And the Begniets at Ralph Brennans Jazz kitchen express.

Shop and eat! We like LeBrea Bakery, Naples and Haagen Dazs for food. World of Disney, the art place, D-Street for shopping. It's nice just to hang out and enjoy the entertainment as well.

Beignets at Jazz Kitchen Express! But get the regular ones not the minis (minis are really hard while regular gets those delightful pillows)!

Visit the World of Disney store.
Eat at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.
Eat at Earl of Sandwich.
Visit the Wunderground store.
Occasionally go to a movie instead of back to the hotel for an afternoon break.
Ride the monorail back into the park.

Eat at Rainforest Cafe with the kids day of arrival
Have "date night" at Uva Bar
Shop at World of Disney and Off the Page
Have a beignet from Jazz Kitchen Express

And we have one more tradition that's a little unusual ... one of my DDs gets *just* bacon as a snack from JKExpress. One day on the way back from the parks she told me she had a craving for bacon (she was like 5). Not something I normally do, but I said, hey, I bet we can get some here because they have food with bacon on it. So we ordered two pieces of bacon and she giggled the whole way back to the hotel. It's since become a tradition for her to get a bacon snack one day. Hey, it's vacation! :)

Eat Shrimp and Grits and Gumbo Ya Ya at Ralph Brennan's, get ice cream and sit and listen to the live music, go to Build a Bear and World of Disney, eat at Earl of Sandwich.

Face Painting - because fun has no age limit!

Pin shopping - the kiosk has some really cute unique ones, couples themed sets, too!

People Watching - because I feed off of other people's energy and joy!

Eat! We like the quick service side of Tortilla Jo's, breakfast at the quick service Ralph Brennen's window, the California churro stand with the ice cream sandwich and funky flavors and there are lots of other awesome choices!

Instead of going back to our room, we will see a movie at the AMC theaters, then, have lunch at either Rainforest Cafe, or Tortilla Joes. It is nice to see a movie on vacation.

Dance! When the band is danceable, there are usually some dancers at the Main Stage (by ESPN Zone). Some bands bring in quite a crowd. Sometimes we'll dance to the other musicians, too, if there is enough space where they are located. Also love beignets, Starbucks, EOS, and the movies (late showing is a great way to end an evening in the parks).

Honestly. . . Other then lunch on arrival day (Earl) and World of a Disney, we don't spend much time there.

Walk the length of it. Check out the shops and restaurants. Pick one to eat in and go chill for a bit. Go back to the stores you saw something you want.
If you aren't staying at Grand CA, go sit in the lobby for a few minutes and soak that in.

Another restaurant there worth eating at is Catal. It's not cheap - but the food and service is fantastic at any time of day as well as in the evening.

UVA bar for sure. RIGHT in the middle of everything. Great food and drinks, and the people watching is awesome.

We love it!!! Our favorite is UVA Bar since everyone will eat something there. Can't go wrong with Naples, Catal, Jazz Kitchen or Tortilla Jo's. The bulk of our dinners are spent in Downtown Disney. The kids love getting a treat from Kayla's Cakes. We stay far away from Rainforest Cafe...cool looking for the kids, but the food is awful. We love to shop. The Vault is my absolute favorite. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter