downtown disney boardwalk

CR1SSY

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me any info on this place- been to downtown disney before -but not heard of the Boardwalk. is it worth a visit? And if so, how do we find it?

Hi

The Boardwalk is situated on Cresent Lake here is a link to a map http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.JPG

You can either drive here and park in the parking lot or get a boat from EPCOT or MGM. There are restaurants, shops and entertainers on the Boardwalk.

The Atlantic Dance Club or Jellyrolls seem like the place to go for late night entertainment.

Any questions please ask away.

Kaylee

.... Boardwalk is on the Epcot Resorts Blvd, between MGM and Epcot.
It is located on the waterfront of Crescent Lake and has restaurants, shops, 2 clubs - one a duelling pianos bar and one which has a DJ on some nights and a live band at weekends. It is a great place to visit at night - great location and street entertainment takes place along the promenade. Part of the complex is the Boardwalk Inn which is a Deluxe resort hotel and the Boardwalk Villas - a DVC resort.

We love the BoardWalk, especially the ESPN bar, Spoodles and Flying Fish Cafe and usually combine IllumiNations with an evening there. Leaving Epcot via the International Gateway after IllumiNations means you miss the main throng of people leaving via the main exit and it is a short and pleasant stroll or boat ride to BW.

Hi

If you are going to Epcot by car, do you leave your car there while you go to the Boardwalk, or is it better to drive to the Boardwalk ANNIE :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We were thinking of spending an evening at Boardwalk in July. Is it any good for children or does the entertainment, bars etc tend to be more for adults? (We will have DD (6) with us)

Only 19 Days and I can't wait!:cool:

The outside area of BW is definately children friendly with carnival-ish type entertainment all around. Bars....well, I'd say ESPN and Big River Grill are ok for kids...atleast early on in the evening, but I don't actually have any kids myself so maybe I'm not the best judge of that, hehehe.

Penny :D

we took Katie to Spoodles and had a nice meal there - also Beaches and Cream which is at Yacht and Beach, so not quite on the boardwalk. We had a nice walk around the boardwalk, but I don't think I would have taken Katie into the bars, but the one that appealed to me (Jellyrolls) doesn't allow kids in.

Bev

I had a thought.......Fantasia Gardens mini golf is situated behind the Swan (a short walk from the Boardwalk). This could be something you do before you go to the Boardwalk for dinner :D

Kaylee

Originally posted by coxan
Hi

If you are going to Epcot by car, do you leave your car there while you go to the Boardwalk, or is it better to drive to the Boardwalk ANNIE :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

a) It is a Long walk from the Boardwalk right acroos World Showcase and then Future World to the Epcot carpark.

b) Once Epcot closes, you are cut off from your car so check times if you are staying late.

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter