Downtown Disney Resort Hotels

Wendy and Frederick

Have a DISney day now!!!
Has anyone stayed in any of the following hotels that are all located within WDW?

The seven hotels of the Downtown Disney Resort are:

Courtyard by Marriott

Hilton Resort

Hotel Royal Plaza

Doubletree Guest Suites

Best Western Lake Buena Vista

Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa

Grosvenor Resort

Any good or bad comments would be great! :)
Wendy

Bumping for you Wendy. I would like to know too. My dd and her friend are joining me the first 3 days of my vacation and they want to be at Downtowntown Disney. I'm staying the rest of my vacation at POR.

My DH and I stayed at the Grosvenor on our last trip. We really enjoyed the hotel. We split the trip between resorts and also stayed a few days at Dixie Landings. Although we liked both resorts, the rooms at the Grosvenor were larger and had more amenities for a much lower cost. And the Grosvenor location is terrific, it is directly across the street from DD - just an easy stroll. We would stay there again. We had a rental car for our entire stay, so I cannot comment on the bus system.

We stayed at the Lake Buena Vista (Best Western) in 1999 for 10 days. We had the king room with a pull-out couch for our dd. The room was very spacious with a wonderful view of the fireworks at Downton Disney. The place was clean and service great. We only had b'fast in any of the resturants which was fine. We also went to the lounge on the 18th floor (top) that was cool. 360 degree view. They have an outdoor pool, playground, bus service to the parks.... I would stay there again. My father also stayed at the Grosvenor this past November and he loved it. I saw his pix and it looked very nice. He enjoyed the dinner theater there and the buffets. If you stay at LBV you can easily take the bus to Gro. to eat.
Did you go to www.downtowndisneyhotels.com ? Hope this helps.

I have stayed at:

The Wyndham at least 3 times (stays ranged from 3-5 days). I always requested the annex by the pool and have gotten it (1st floor with patio). The rooms are big and clean (at least the ones I have had). They offer fruit by the pool. The pool has the waterfall that you can swim under (my kids loved that). The beds & pillows are comfy. The bathrooms are stocked with Bath & Body Works lotions, shampoo & conditioner. There is a coffee pot. They charge a $8.88 resort fee.

The Grovesner 3 or 4 times (stays ranged from 3-4 days). The first time I stayed there the room was nice & clean. The2nd-4th times they weren't that great. Always got a room on the wing closest to DTD. The room is an average size room. There is a coffee pot and a small fridge (that is a big +). The bathroom area has a neat set up. There are sliding frosted glass doors seperating it from the rest of the room. There is the usual bathroom door for the toilet & shower area, then the sink & closet area has the sliders. Pool was ok.

The Courtyard once and only for one night. Had a nice clean room only it overlooked a roof!! Didn't complain, it was only one night. Didn't go in the pool

The Best Western once. Stayed there for 5 nights and despite some reviews on this resort, I liked it. We were upgraded (at no charge) to a prefered deluxe (2 queens & a pull out sofa bed). Room was very big & clean. There was a coffee pot. We had a balcony with a table & 2 chairs. The room is a bit dated as far as the furniture but it was clean. Didn't use the pool.

I got all of these hotels thru priceline and the Grovesner is the only one that I felt like they treated me as a second class guest. Hope all this helps you....º0º

Disnee Dad Says......................................... Stayed at the Grovesnor, in 1997. I liked it, everything was neat and clean and spacious, and very close to DTD. Stayed at Courtyard in November 2001, for six nights. I was very impressed!! Not that it is fantastic or anything, but when I booked the rooms I didn't expect much from a place that would drop it's rate to $29 a night! But I knew where it was located, so I knew it couldn't be that bad! It's pretty nice, clean, spacious, and indoor corridors. Indoor corridors are much quieter than outdoor ones. The pool was warm, and there is a spa. Laundry on every other floor and ice on the other floors. If you are used to Rodeway and Motel Six, you will love this place! If you are used to Best Western or Holiday Inn, you will love the price, if they are still running the specials. If you occasionally like Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton, and a real Marriott, like we do, then you will love this place. You get maybe 70% of what those great places provide, and pay about 70% less! Dollar for dollar, if you get a great rate, this place can not be beat.

Stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites when it was Guest Quarters, so my info is dated. However, the rooms are basically the size of two hotel rooms and very spacious. We thought it was a nice hotel.

Sharon

Just got back from a 5-day stay at the Doubletree guest suites and loved it...the room was very big, one closed bedroom with king size bed and a living room with a queen sofa bed, a little kitchenette with fridge and microwave, all this for 79$/night, I think it was perfect...we did not use the shuttle service since we had our own car.... We looked at the pool but did not use it (too busy having fun at WDW:D ) but there was one large heated pool and a jacuzzi... we had breakfast at the hotel restaurant once and it was OK, we preffered Perkins across the street for the same price...Would I stay there again? for 79$ you bet!!!:cool:
Take care!
Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter