Dr Note for Assistance Pass help

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
We just added Disney Paris as part of our summer plans next month. My son has Sensory Processing Disorder and in the US parks there are times when the GAC has been useful. I understand in order to get one in Paris we need a doctor note but I am unclear on what the note needs to say? Is it simply a couple sentences confirming that he has this diagnosis or she need to be more specific in what the disorder entails and what accommodations he may need? I need to call very soon and ask her for the letter but I'm not sure what to ask for. Is there anything else we need? Thanks.

I'm not familiar with Sensory Processing Disorder, however, I understand that, to better serve guests with particuliar needs, DLP wants to have a written note by a physician that details specifically the medical situation the guest is facing and the various conditions which would make him less comfortable during his trip.

If you want to make sure everything will be handled well, you might send an email to Guest Relations asking for advice. I believe there is a team dedicated to helping guests with special needs prepare their trip, though I don't remember it, sorry!

A couple of words about the diagnosis is fine, at least I was told that they don't Need "my life Story" when the Cm had difficulties understanding the English letter. But you definitely do Need to make sure that what situations to avoid is in there - like "due to issue has difficulties Standing" or "Needs alternate waiting area."

Sending a note to guest Service won't really help. The past few trips I found that they got VERY iffy with Doctor's Notes - at one Point even randomly starting to Claim that they wouldn't issue passes on Doctor's Notes anymore. About a year ago I got told off because I always got a new certificate. That CM insisted I needed mine re-stamped to "Show my medical history." I did that, then Easter I got yelled at and first refused the pass because my "certificate had too many stamps."

Be prepared to stand your ground there.

A couple of words about the diagnosis is fine, at least I was told that they don't Need "my life Story" when the Cm had difficulties understanding the English letter. But you definitely do Need to make sure that what situations to avoid is in there - like "due to issue has difficulties Standing" or "Needs alternate waiting area."

Sending a note to guest Service won't really help. The past few trips I found that they got VERY iffy with Doctor's Notes - at one Point even randomly starting to Claim that they wouldn't issue passes on Doctor's Notes anymore. About a year ago I got told off because I always got a new certificate. That CM insisted I needed mine re-stamped to "Show my medical history." I did that, then Easter I got yelled at and first refused the pass because my "certificate had too many stamps."

Be prepared to stand your ground there.

I've found that planning our couple days in Disney Paris is VERY different than our US Disney trips. I guess we just have to make sure we go knowing that it'll be a different experience.

I've found that planning our couple days in Disney Paris is VERY different than our US Disney trips. I guess we just have to make sure we go knowing that it'll be a different experience.

Great plan. I took American friends for their first trip and they were totally shocked at how different the experience was.

I'm used to beg for my pass basically in Paris. When I used it in the US parks first time all it needed were two sentences and it was applied to my card no problem.

Great plan. I took American friends for their first trip and they were totally shocked at how different the experience was.

I'm used to beg for my pass basically in Paris. When I used it in the US parks first time all it needed were two sentences and it was applied to my card no problem.

My son is 11, will he have to request it himself or can I do the asking/begging?

There are actually two types of disability pass in Paris- the orange and green cards. To get a green card, which essentially allows you to walk onto a ride without queuing- or with a small queue- I believe you need to show proof that it's a permanent disability. The orange card is much more restrictive and doesn't allow you to immediately skip the queue as far as I'm aware, and is more for temporary conditions. You are able to ask on behalf of your son, but make sure you take sufficient proof!

As for DLP being different, it is very different. It has a distinctively French flair, and has some great unique attractions! That said, I'd be aware that it doesn't tend to live up to the US parks in terms of customer service, and the weather doesn't help- so it does help to manage expectations in a way before you arrive. Also, make sure you're vigilant at all times as there are a lot of pickpockets operating in the parks and area at the moment. I'm sure you will have a lovely time though- be sure to visit some of the lovely restaurants and make sure to visit the Studios park half an hour before opening to get on Crush's Coaster without a long queue (it doesn't give FastPasses)

There are actually two types of disability pass in Paris- the orange and green cards. To get a green card, which essentially allows you to walk onto a ride without queuing- or with a small queue- I believe you need to show proof that it's a permanent disability. The orange card is much more restrictive and doesn't allow you to immediately skip the queue as far as I'm aware, and is more for temporary conditions. You are able to ask on behalf of your son, but make sure you take sufficient proof!

As for DLP being different, it is very different. It has a distinctively French flair, and has some great unique attractions! That said, I'd be aware that it doesn't tend to live up to the US parks in terms of customer service, and the weather doesn't help- so it does help to manage expectations in a way before you arrive. Also, make sure you're vigilant at all times as there are a lot of pickpockets operating in the parks and area at the moment. I'm sure you will have a lovely time though- be sure to visit some of the lovely restaurants and make sure to visit the Studios park half an hour before opening to get on Crush's Coaster without a long queue (it doesn't give FastPasses)

Pickpockets everywhere inside DLP? We're going there a dozens a time per month and we've never witnessed this. Of course this might happen occasionally, but you can feel assured that Disney Security CMs are doing their job. (They're not showing up unless they notice “something”, once in a while you see them showing their badges at some guests, asking them politely if they would accept to follow them a few steps away to have some discussion, and “no” is definitely not the answer they expect.)

(I would definitively recommend taking great care of your belongings while outside Disney property, especially at the Marne-la-Vallée RER station and onwards the trains to Paris.)

Pickpockets everywhere inside DLP? We're going there a dozens a time per month and we've never witnessed this. Of course this might happen occasionally, but you can feel assured that Disney Security CMs are doing their job. (They're not showing up unless they notice “something”, once in a while you see them showing their badges at some guests, asking them politely if they would accept to follow them a few steps away to have some discussion, and “no” is definitely not the answer they expect.)

(I would definitively recommend taking great care of your belongings while outside Disney property, especially at the Marne-la-Vallée RER station and onwards the trains to Paris.)

Yes, unfortunately theft is quite common inside the park also, possibly encouraged by the fact that Disneyland Paris doesn't have fingerprint scanners for tickets. A lot of the people that stand just before the entrance to DTD ask for people's tickets with the intention to get into the park and pickpocket. Aside from that, I've heard of quite a few people having belongings stolen on the disney buses going back to the hotels. Unfortunately, crime seems to be much more common at DLP than WDW so I do think it's worth going being aware of this and making sure to take extra care of your belongings!

Yes, unfortunately theft is quite common inside the park also, possibly encouraged by the fact that Disneyland Paris doesn't have fingerprint scanners for tickets. A lot of the people that stand just before the entrance to DTD ask for people's tickets with the intention to get into the park and pickpocket. Aside from that, I've heard of quite a few people having belongings stolen on the disney buses going back to the hotels. Unfortunately, crime seems to be much more common at DLP than WDW so I do think it's worth going being aware of this and making sure to take extra care of your belongings!

Just so you know, people asking for tickets do it because their intent is to resale them, not to sneak into the park for pickpocketting purposes.

Nonetheless, you are correct that one needs to be careful! Things happen, better be safe than sorry. I just wanted to point out that DLP is one of the safest place in France that attracts tourists! :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!