Dr. Phil's wife, Robin's favorite eye cream????

princessmomma

DIS Veteran
This show was on last year where Robin told the audience some of her favorite things. She mentioned a certain brand of eye cream that she absolutely loves. Does anyone remember the brand.

I remember looking it up on the company website and it was completely sold out at the time and could not be ordered.

Do you have a favorite eye cream? My wrinkles are really starting to show, I must not be doing something right, or is it just the years are starting to show??

LOL
Looking for that miracle fountain of youth, huh?!
:p

I'll tell you what little I know about them.

There are all kinds of eye creams. Some with antioxidents and all that. That stuff is new and I don't know much about them.

But, what kind of eye cream are you looking for? There are some that irritate the skin slightly and make it swell just enough to hide the wrinkles and lines. But in the long run the irritation comes back to bite you in the behind.

There are some that have a slight shimmer that sort of hides them behind the tiny particles.

There are also some that just moisturize. Sometimes dry skin makes any lines look worse.

You just gotta read the ingredients carefully and don't listen to all the hype.

I can tell you one I don't recommend. It's Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Eye Cream. I am usually very happy with EL products, but this one was very expensive and doesn't do a thing! I'm only 32 so I know my wrinkles, bags and circles aren't that bad-LOL.
I should have returned it, but kept hoping it would work. Don't waste your money on this one.

Thanks for your responses.

Actually Serene, I am looking for a pure moisturizer. I am wearing 30 sunscreen on my face everyday, even cloudy days. At night I would like to put something around my eyes that prevents the drying out after cleansing.

Any more suggestions?

Princessmomma, a very simple moisturizer that also has a slight barrier to it is Cetaphil lotion. It's good and inexpensive. The cream is less oily for some reason.
Cetaphil doesn't have any unneccessary ingredients. No gimmicks, no fragrances.
The lotion sounds perfect. It is a moisturizer, but with the barrier it will help your skin not lose the moisture it has. Just a dab at night and you should be good to go.

Originally posted by Serena
Princessmomma, a very simple moisturizer that also has a slight barrier to it is Cetaphil lotion. It's good and inexpensive. The cream is less oily for some reason.
Cetaphil doesn't have any unneccessary ingredients. No gimmicks, no fragrances.
The lotion sounds perfect. It is a moisturizer, but with the barrier it will help your skin not lose the moisture it has. Just a dab at night and you should be good to go.

How do you know all this because I have lots of skincare questions!!!!????

I've sold a lot, Avon and Mary Kay, and I have sensitive skin. I have to be very careful of what I put on it. But also, have you ever heard of Paula Begoun?
What she says makes a lot of sense. I read her books all the time.
She researches ingredients and producst and lets you know what they say and what they can actually do. She is able to back everything up with documentation.

Me and a few thousand other people have convinced her to come up with her own line of stuff and I love it. But when I can find something I love at the drug store, I use it instead. I like being able to pick it up myself for some reason, lol.

I'll be happy to answer anything I can. I don't know a whole lot, but I'll share what I do know.

I've sold a lot, Avon and Mary Kay, and I have sensitive skin. I have to be very careful of what I put on it. But also, have you ever heard of Paula Begoun?
She researches ingredients and producst and lets you know what they say and what they can actually do. She is able to back everything up with documentation.

Me and a few thousand other people have convinced her to come up with her own line of stuff and I love it. But when I can find something I love at the drug store, I use it instead. I like being able to pick it up myself for some reason, lol.

I'll be happy to answer anything I can. I don't know a whole lot, but I'll share what I do know.

LOL-I'll PM you so I don't hijack the thread.

But really, Robins favorite anti-aging secret is plastic surgery. Anyone who believes that she has not had a ton of work done, well, I have a bridge I could sell you. She has no sagging and no lines. I don't believe that she only uses a "$5 cleanser that you can buy at Target." Yeah, right.

I find Dr. Phil's show interesting, but I am not a fan of the "We're so Perfect" line that Robin and Phil sell to people.

Originally posted by Disney01
But really, Robins favorite anti-aging secret is plastic surgery. Anyone who believes that she has not had a ton of work done, well, I have a bridge I could sell you. She has no sagging and no lines. I don't believe that she only uses a "$5 cleanser that you can buy at Target." Yeah, right.

I find Dr. Phil's show interesting, but I am not a fan of the "We're so Perfect" line that Robin and Phil sell to people.

Probably. A good question to ask her, right?

But also, have you ever heard of Paula Begoun?

Serena, it was from Paula Begoun's website where she mentioned to always wear a 30 sunscreen. She recommends a certain one on her website and I really like it. It doesn't leave my skin oily at all.

More tips please.

Capthooksmom, I would be interested in hearing your questions too!

hijacking your thread, too...:tongue:

Robin definitely had something done this year. In the beginning of the season, her face could not move and was all plumped up. She's starting to look a bit more normal now. As for admitting plastic surgery, I think celebs only consider a face-lift actual surgery. There are plenty of "procedures" that aren't surgery.

I thought this said ICE cream !!!:p :p :p :teeth: :teeth:
LOL leave it to me to think Ice cream instad of eye cream

Believe me, I have nothing against plastic surgery. I had the bags removed from my eyes in the summer and it was the best money I ever spent. I just think there is no shame in admitting it. I really don't like Dr. Phil and Robin, but I watch them religiously. I know-It's a love/hate relationship. Does anyone else have that?

As for skincare, my plastic surgeon's esthetician recommends Obagi line. It's expensive to start and agressive, but the results are worth it. Also, Kinerase is good for fine lines. It's expensive too, but it lasts a long time. If you divide the price by the amount of time it lasts, it's not that expensive.

I wish I had figured out the sunscreen thing in my teens. I have a lot of sun damage, especially on my back. (From all the times I fell asleep and got badly burned.)

Originally posted by Disney01
Believe me, I have nothing against plastic surgery. I had the bags removed from my eyes in the summer and it was the best money I ever spent. I just think there is no shame in admitting it. I really don't like Dr. Phil and Robin, but I watch them religiously. I know-It's a love/hate relationship. Does anyone else have that?

OMG!! She drives me nuts!! Dr Phil is ok but why does anyone care about what she has to say... I don't know if she has any professional training in psychology or INTERIOR DECORATING:crazy: but if I had her kind of money I could redo a room pretty nicely myself... Ok back to eye cream question...Amy:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter