Dragon Challenge alternative?

heather13

DIS Veteran
I just read that it will be closing Sept 4, so we'll miss riding it. My pre-teen daughter has recently begun enjoying roller coasters and was looking forward to this ride. So what would you pros suggest we ride instead? She's about 49" (the other is 44" but will have someone to wait with if needed).
We were planning one day at Universal, spending most of it in HP World (riding Hogwarts Express) and looking for Minions.
Thanks!

I just read that it will be closing Sept 4, so we'll miss riding it. My pre-teen daughter has recently begun enjoying roller coasters and was looking forward to this ride. So what would you pros suggest we ride instead? She's about 49" (the other is 44" but will have someone to wait with if needed).
We were planning one day at Universal, spending most of it in HP World (riding Hogwarts Express) and looking for Minions.
Thanks!
The other coasters are a lot of fun so make you try the rest.

Moderate coasters though? I'd heard from friends that Dragon Challenge was a really good moderate one (not too scary, not too simple). From experience some amusement parks sometimes skew one direction or the other without many options in the middle.

The Mummy isn't too intense......it's inside too which helps some folks ride as they can't see it.

Gringotts is very tame. But a lot of fun.

Dragon challenge has a 54" height requirement and isn't a moderate coaster, unless you'd also count Hulk as moderate :) so I wouldn't worry too much about missing it! Hulks also a 54" so that's out unless you're going a long time from now?

The Mummy is a great ride though so definitely go for that. I think she'll be too short for RRR, unless your trip is quite a way away? She might enjoy that one if she grows!

Her present height restricted her from riding this trip anyways. She's too short for Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit but she can ride The Mummy!

Mummy is such a great indoor coaster! It's fun and exciting, but not too intense at all. Hope you guys have a great trip!

As the PP's have all said, Mummy is the one you should really try out. My teens ride everything, but they seem to gravitate to the Mummy for repeat rides. Over and over and over. They love it more than RRR and Dragons (Hulk is too special so can't beat that).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter