~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Still waiting for MRI approval. It was denied again yesterday. Found out that Cigna contracts out to a company called EviCore (which I’ve renamed EVILcore) for radiology and imaging decisions. I talked to a woman at evilcore yesterday about my claim and lost my cool. I’m a bit embarrassed now, but I was so flipping mad. She just wouldn’t deviate from her script. It was the last straw when she said implied that I was a couch potato and I needed to go back to my doctor and have him create a 6 week exercise routine. I not so nicely offered to submit surveillance video from my gym to prove every last time I was there along with finish times from every race I ran last year.

That sounds awful. I would have lost my cool as well. What does she know about your fitness level.

Just so this is out there....I'm not a fan of Disney 5K races. I hate the early wake-up for 3 miles, wall to wall walkers and the insanely long character lines. I do love running in the parks when it is still dark and everything is lit up :love:
World Showcase at that time is so beautiful. I love it. But yes the character lines are completely insane. Since my only 2 5K races are at Disney World, my 5K PR is 1:11 something.

The character lines were crazy long, but we made an exception for Scottish Goofy!
I decided that Scottish Goofy was worth the line.

The line for Oswald was longer than I cared to wait in so I made my way to the busses. I should have just waited for Oswald
I sort of regret not getting a picture with Oswald, but that line was too long and it was too cold. He's the only race medal character that I don't have a medal photo with. Oh well.

My MRI is scheduled for Monday afternoon so hopefully everything gets approved.
Hoping for the best.

It was the last straw when she said implied that I was a couch potato and I needed to go back to my doctor and have him create a 6 week exercise routine.
Wow. Just wow. They really need to improve their customer service.

I FINALLY GOT AN MRI TODAY!!!!

I have a CD of the results and waiting on my ortho’s nurse to call me for follow up. They had to inject contrast into the hip joint. I’m not afraid of needles so it was no big deal for me. But holy cow....the anesthetic wore off about 30 minutes after the injection and my hip hates me right now. I’m in some awful pain.

The doctor and his nurse are huge Disney fans and the doctor’s wife just ran her first half over Marathon Weekend! Her only complaint was the super early wake up call.

I know I’ve been MIA again. I have just been feeling bad for myself so I’ve just been mainly popping in on the Princess thread. I still have plans to go as long as the ortho gives me the okay. I ran 8 miles on Saturday and was feeling good. I won’t be setting any PR’s, but i will be in a princess costume.

Yesterday was my birthday (42 years old. I honestly don’t feel I’m this old!) and I got to be so lazy. I slept in until 8:30 and literally stayed in pajamas all day and watched movies and ate mountains of Thai food.

Happy birthday! Yay to being lazy, running Princess for fun and getting that darn MRI! I hope your hip feels better and all is ok!

Glad you finally got the MRI! And happy belated birthday - sounds like an awesome way to celebrate! (Sleeping in may be my favorite thing in the world)

Happy Birthday!!! Hopefully the mri will finally get you the answers you’ve been waiting for and get a game plan in place.

Happy belated birthday Bree! Thai food sounds like a yummy way to celebrate.

Good luck with the MRI, I hope it gives you some answers.

Important: Which princess will you be dressed as?

Also important: Fingers crossed for a good prognosis.

I slept in until 8:30 and literally stayed in pajamas all day and watched movies and ate mountains of Thai food.
This is my goal in life. I tried to sleep in this morning and made it until 5:30a. I was not impressed.

Hopefully you'll get some answers soon

So glad you got your MRI! I hope this is the start of a very quick recovery :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like a lovely day- hope your family spoiled you!

Have the BEST time at Princess this weekend! Please post lots of pictures!

I FINALLY GOT AN MRI TODAY!!!!

Yesterday was my birthday (42 years old. I honestly don’t feel I’m this old!) and I got to be so lazy. I slept in until 8:30 and literally stayed in pajamas all day and watched movies and ate mountains of Thai food.

Hurah for progress towards an answer!
I also was surprised at the number recently when my birthday hit. I know plenty of people complain of feeling older than some number, so I assume we are doing something right!

Important: Which princess will you be dressed as?

Also important: Fingers crossed for a good prognosis.

Blue Aurora. Blue is my favorite color! Belle is my favorite princess, but I couldn’t find a costume that would ship in time and I’m not crafty enough to make my own (nor do i want to hunt down everything I would need!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter