~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

5 weeks of recovery down and an unknown number to go! I have done nothing for exercise :oops: I’ve done quite a bit around the house though including finally unpacked items from our initial move to FL in 2014 LOL! I have a mountain in my garage of items to donate this weekend. It feels so good to purge and get rid of clutter.

I’ve been looking at treadmills. I have a gym membership, but I’d rather have a treadmill here at home just because it’s easier to work into my crazy schedule. I think I’m going with a Sole treadmill. I’m still deciding between the 3.5HP & 4.0HP motors. I don’t need the fancy screens and workout programs. I just want a good motor, good belt, decent warranty and a tablet holder.

Forgot to share some excitement!

My mom arrives Monday, MIL & FIL on Wednesday and SIL on Friday. Then the moms and daughters will be off on our eight night cruise! I have some surprises in store for them. I’m having the stateroom decorated and bought souvenir beach towels for everyone. I also ordered a birthday cake for my MIL to be delivered at dinner the first night. Her 80th birthday was in December, but this was the soonest we could cruise.

Here’s what we have planned.....

San Juan - Rainforest and Fort
Grand Turk - Beach Day
St. Kitts - private island tour
St. Maarten - we rented a car and will explore some of the highlights on our own. The island is still recovering from Hurricane Irma in 2017 so it will be interesting to see its current condition versus the way I remember it.

5 weeks of recovery down and an unknown number to go! I have done nothing for exercise :oops: I’ve done quite a bit around the house though including finally unpacked items from our initial move to FL in 2014 LOL! I have a mountain in my garage of items to donate this weekend. It feels so good to purge and get rid of clutter.

I’ve been looking at treadmills. I have a gym membership, but I’d rather have a treadmill here at home just because it’s easier to work into my crazy schedule. I think I’m going with a Sole treadmill. I’m still deciding between the 3.5HP & 4.0HP motors. I don’t need the fancy screens and workout programs. I just want a good motor, good belt, decent warranty and a tablet holder.

Don't get a Proform, and I might be speaking from experience. LOL.

giphy.gif

PS. Have a blast on your cruise! All those ports are gorgeous, but I particularly love St. Kitts!

That sounds amazing! Have a blast and be sure to post pictures when you get back. :-)

I will!

Don't get a Proform, and I might be speaking from experience. LOL.

giphy.gif

PS. Have a blast on your cruise! All those ports are gorgeous, but I particularly love St. Kitts!

That’s the port I’m looking forward to most. We booked our tour with Jim & Rose’s Taxi Service. They are such a sweet couple!

I will!

That’s the port I’m looking forward to most. We booked our tour with Jim & Rose’s Taxi Service. They are such a sweet couple!

We used Thenford Grey, but I am sure they follow similar routes. The overlook on Timothy Hill is breathtaking!

Normally Monday is when I post an update on my training. Still on the mend so no updates on running! However, I’m feeling fantastic. I only have a slight twinge here and there with my hip. I’ve got an extremely busy week with family coming into town so I’m not sure how I’m going to fit in some workouts at the gym.

We are thinking about buying my daughter a horse. It’s her lesson horse and we would be getting her for a really good price. She is volunteering at the barn where she takes lessons for the next month to learn more about caring for horses before we make a decision. If we purchase the horse she would be required (by her parents!) to work at the barn two evenings a week to earn a credit towards boarding the horse. I know nothing about the care of horses so it’s been a great experience for me too!

Glad to hear your hip is feeling better!

Oh wow! What an exciting experience for your daughter! I love horses.

I'm so glad your hip is doing better and maybe it's not a bad thing to just take it easy on training. Could be why you are healing so well???

Also glad no obvious signs of osteoporosis. I have some issues with it #old but luckily nothing too serious and the running is actually great to keep your bones strong.

We used to have horses that my dad kept but he sold the last one in the fall. Nobody really rode them any more and they were just pasture pets, so it was good that he sold them, but I miss seeing them out in the field.

When we bought a horse for our daughter, she found her passion. And beware, that one turned into a steady stream of mounts! Lol She rode western, competed in play days, then barrel races, then High School Rodeo, then full scholarship for Tarleton State Rodeo. She met and married the cowboy of her dreams, and I’m pretty sure she will forever live in TX!

We will never regret the investment of time and money for all the things riding and caring for horses taught her...an unbelievable work ethic, how to win gracefully, how to lose gracefully, how to take of something before yourself, how to manage time, how to manage money, how to drive a dually truck and trailer, how to problem solve, the list goes on and on!!

Quick update...

I have osteopenia. I’ll be working with a hormone doctor after my cruise for treatment. It’s someone my husband knows and that doctor also has osteopenia and is an athlete :thumbsup2 Ortho said there’s no reason to stop running and with treatment I can run for years. I have four more weeks off from running, but I can now use the elliptical. After the four weeks I can test out the treadmill for 5 minute runs then slowly increase the minutes. Goal is to fully return to running June 1st.

Quick update...

I have osteopenia. I’ll be working with a hormone doctor after my cruise for treatment. It’s someone my husband knows and that doctor also has osteopenia and is an athlete :thumbsup2 Ortho said there’s no reason to stop running and with treatment I can run for years. I have four more weeks off from running, but I can now use the elliptical. After the four weeks I can test out the treadmill for 5 minute runs then slowly increase the minutes. Goal is to fully return to running June 1st.

Glad to hear you got a diagnosis and happy to hear you'll be able to get back to running!

Hope you are having a blast on the cruise!!

It's always nice to be under the care of a doctor you trust- hope your return to running plan goes smoothly!

Glad to hear that your diagnosis won't interfere with continuing to run. Good to have an answer!

Greetings from Grand Turk!

upload_2019-4-8_13-3-26.jpeg

This is my lovely SIL! She’s like a sister to me. We are having so much fun. This is my first time on Carnival and I’m completely blown away with just how great it is! It’s clean, staff is so nice and there’s so much to do. I’d definitely book a cruise with them again.

ETA: yoga is hard to do on a swaying ship.

Went to San Juan on Tuesday and visited Fort Cristobal and the rainforest. The rainforest was devastated during hurricane Maria, but is making a glorious comeback.

910EFBEA-C4E8-4817-BFFB-D3C5F6DCB647.jpeg

We are in St Kitts today and are on a private tour with Rose & Jim’s Taxi Service. I highly recommend them!

BC3D3E1A-4297-4CD1-94A0-89F1BDC20093.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!