DREAMing of August-A First Timer’s PTR!!!

codygirl5150

Mouseketeer
60 days out, what else could I possibly do to pass the time??? A PTR of course!!!

This will be our very first cruise ever, so we have to do it up right Disney style!

Going on the cruise is...

Me, 38, project manager for an advertising agency. I work hard and play less than hard (I love laying on the couch and binge watching cooking shows on Netflix while sipping wine). Mother to a lovely 16 yr old DD, engaged to a wonderful man, and soon to be step mom to a 9yr old and a 13 yr old.

DD16, just finished her sophomore year in HS, blue haired funky chick, great artist, gamer, and cosplayer. Most of our trips involve some sort of Comic-Con style convention where DD dresses up and partakes in the cosplay fun, and I lay in the hotel doing my favorite activity mentioned above.

This will be our yearly mommy daughter trip! I was looking for something new to do, and knew I needed a beach, so a cruise popped into my head. Researching the different cruise lines was a bit overwhelming, and I knew a little about the Disney line so I said screw it, we are going Disney! I knew I could find tons of info for my over planning, thanks to the DIS, and started my ridiculous spreadsheet. I booked in May of last year so this has been over a year in the making!

We are doing a 3 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream, Aug 10th-13th. I’m already regretting not doing a longer one but this will be great for establishing our sea legs. We fly in to MCO on Aug. 9th, staying at the airport Hyatt, then using DCL transportation. My goal of this trip was whatever seemed easiest.

DD has out grown Disney (I know, that’s crazy talk!!!) but I’m hoping she will enjoy the cruise and doing new things. She loves snorkeling so I booked the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel in Nassau, and the stingray feed and snorkel at CC. I also was happy to find that the mixology class was still available, so I booked that for me

The last couple months have been pretty stressful...my fiancé had a knee replacement a couple years ago which then got a staph infection. He battled it with antibiotics for a while but it got worse and he had to have a knee revision. 10 weeks ago he had the metal knee removed and replaced with an antibiotic spacer, then 8 weeks of IV antibiotics. But the staph was cleared!!! So now he had the new knee put in last week and we have been living in the hospital the past few days. Hoping to go home today or tomorrow. And of course during this time my work has gotten insanely busy, my daughter was getting through finals, and to top it off I threw my back out last week. So I’m in great need of this cruise and over planning for it has really helped get me through all this craziness going on!!!

So now I keep waiting and researching and planning and anticipating, watching YouTube videos, and of course reading the DIS!!! More to come and thanks for reading!

Update: Back is better, fiancée is doing better and gets the staples out tomorrow. DD needs her wisdom teeth removed, so trying to balance that timing and expense with the cruise timing and savings. On top of that, I have a photo shoot this week and next. Luckily everything is running smoothly!

I received my wine diapers and cell phone dry bag lanyards from amazon. Only 50 days to go!! I’ve started my binder, otherwise known as my brain, with savings $$$ and passports and all confirmation numbers. It really is ridiculous. Thinking I may start packing soon!

Yay! We did an August cruise on the dream as our first trip too. Even though your daughter isn't in to Disney any more, it's a really lovely travel experience. My SIL loved it and she's in her 40's, no kids, and was never a Disney person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!