Dreaming until I'm Back on the Dream! March 2017 PTR (New 12/13/16)

Love your mini reports within your ptr! So clever :)

We were supposed to be at POFQ during the Dis 10th but life (and buying and selling a house) got in the way. So I'm looking forward to your report since I won't be there :( (no pressure though...).

Thank you!!

Sorry to hear that you won't be joining in July! We are actually trying to switch to a deluxe (if a CM summer promotion room opens up) because of the refurb food court at POFQ so we'll see! I hate that we actually could get into that resort and then they release the food court closure!!!!!

Hello everyone!!!

Just checking in to say hello! In the last few weeks, I was able to eat at Be Our Guest (lunch), see the new MK stage show, the new Soarin' Around the World and Frozen Ever After!

I got a wonderful surprise that some of my family were coming to FL to go to the beach so I'm heading there this weekend after my shift tomorrow at DHS. When I get back at the end of the weekend, I'll update all those fun things with pictures :)

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Fourth of July !

Really loved you TR from your cruise on the Dream. Wish I had done one for my 7-night on the Magic in 2015. It was the best vacation of my life. Our next cruise is a 7-night on the Fantasy in Sept. 2017. I am already in the mental planning stages for my port adventures and my FE. I am considering doing a TR for this cruise, maybe even a PTR. I also live here in Orlando. Glad to find mutual Disney freaks wherever I can. LOL

joining in!!! we have almost four months to go and it was booked last september so I feel your pain!

Really loved you TR from your cruise on the Dream. Wish I had done one for my 7-night on the Magic in 2015. It was the best vacation of my life. Our next cruise is a 7-night on the Fantasy in Sept. 2017. I am already in the mental planning stages for my port adventures and my FE. I am considering doing a TR for this cruise, maybe even a PTR. I also live here in Orlando. Glad to find mutual Disney freaks wherever I can. LOL

Thanks!! I'm debating if I want to jump on the FE bandwagon. I hear it's time consuming to prepare (especially if you make homemade gifts) and time consuming to deliver..depending on how many staterooms you have. Someone in my cruise group mentioned that she would start a page on FB but hasn't yet so I guess I have time to decide. Basically everyone on the dis thread wants to join....:rolleyes:

joining in!!! we have almost four months to go and it was booked last september so I feel your pain!

:welcome: My friends are cruising in Dec so our milestone dates are similar. I will be very happy, yet jealous for her when she can check in on the 5th!

Checking in to say HI!!
Hi everyone! Just checking in to say hi...(since I've been accused of abandoning my PTR again..haha! :grouphug: Erin!) The end of summer was pretty crazy! I was at WDW for the Dis 10 year anniversary party and then went to PA for almost 3 weeks. My dad had a very important/urgent surgery and it went well. He was cleared last week to return to fun activities like biking and walking their dog!

I've put in 2 weeks at school already. I have 41 very active 1st-3rd graders but it's keeping me busy and always coming up with new ideas. I'm very thankful of for my 2 assistants! We have a long weekend now. I don't have to worry about lesson planning since I was able to carry it over to next week so I'm feeling ecstatic that I can just relax!

Fall has begun in Orlando! MNSSHP started at MK last night. Thanks to the Dis, I was able to watch bits of it live on FB. I also bought my pass for HHN which begins on the 16th. I'll be going to MNSSHP on the 23rd and HHN most weekends that I can. Food and Wine will also be starting around the 23rd...we love love love fall in Orlando!

Now for Cruise News...

I emailed our travel agent this morning to add on the automatic gratuities and to request a dining rotation. We always end up tipping extra especially to the stateroom host and our servers but I like the formality and the little envelopes lol!

For a dining rotation...
As of right now, we have requested:
Night 1: Enchanted Garden (Cruise Casual)
Night 2: Royal Palace (optional dress-up)
Night 3 and 4/ Day 5 Breakfast: Animators Palette (Pirate Night and Cruise Casual)

If the cruise changes the designated nights, I'll have her change it. I've never requested a rotation before. Parts of me likes to be surprised (which I guess we still will anyways) and parts of me likes to have the outfits planned accordingly so I don't hopefully get into the issue like in 2013 where we had RP on Pirate night! I can't go into such a fancy restaurant in a pirate shirt and jeans! eek!!! Forgive my OCD planning! :eek:

I've been on the Dis thread since we booked the cruise. Slowly more and more people have joined. I've never done the Fish Extender (FE) before. Someone offered to set up a group on FB but hasn't yet so I guess I have time to decide. I hear they are nice but some of the stuff you get compared to others are junk that takes up space and gets thrown away before you leave. I've also heard it's time consuming to prepare, can cost quite a bit of $$, and also is time consuming to deliver (depending on your cruise)

Any thoughts?

Has anyone done it and said never again? What are some of the more popular (nice but not super expensive) gifts..whats the price max per person or per stateroom?

That's about it for now! My long holiday weekend awaits me! We survived Hurricane Hermine with less rain than we thought and only one tornado warning! The weather still looks a bit iffy and is going to be the next 3 days!

Take care!

Happy Cruising to those who are going soon!

Yay! I love reading your updates. With holidays, etc, your trip will be here before you know it. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself since I don't go again until March either.)

Yay! I love reading your updates. With holidays, etc, your trip will be here before you know it. (At least, that's what I keep telling myself since I don't go again until March either.)

Thank you!!! I'm looking forward to it. The DCL app countdown seems endless! It's crazy to think that I'll be working most of the school year until the trip but with the holidays approaching, it will be soon!

Hi everyone!

Just checking in to say hi! We made it through Hurricane Matthew. I was off school on Thursday and Friday which was nice to just have a mental break (after I knew we were safe!)

Not much for cruise news. I put in my dining rotation requests and added the automatic gratuities (even though we typically add more.)

I've been looking at discount hotels for the night before and debating if I want to do something at WDW or something at PC. My mom doesn't land until sometime after 6 so getting something at PC might be a waste since it will be later when we arrive. At WDW, I could use the amenities all day until I have to pick her up and get dinner. Thoughts??!!!

No one else has mentioned FE again so I guess we'll see about that!

Take care!

154 Days to Go!

Paid in Full!!!
I'm back!! It's been a crazy busy fall/early winter! I can't believe I've managed to make it to December and now we are paid in full!

Check-in is on the 12th at midnight and I can't wait!

My main priorities are:

~Early PAT

~Palo Brunch

Other than that, I don't really have anything else in mind right now. I'm not quite sure the Rainforest room would appeal to mom and I was just "meh" with it when I went on my first cruise. I feel somewhat guilty taking FP for characters since we don't have any children in our group. I guess I'll have to see what's there when I check in.

As of now..we don't have anything planned for Nassau besides walking in the market area outside the port. I keep looking at Blue Lagoon but it's $$$ and I think mom is perfectly fine staying on the ship. Not sure if mixology classes are offered during Nassau but that could be an option too!

Still debating about FE exchange. I was under the impression that mostly families with children participate but I've been told otherwise. I'm not crafty and not sure what options there are (haven't done much research.)

Currently my good friends are on the Dream and my brother is on the Oasis...jealous!!

I guess that's it for now. I'll go in spurts where I get super excited and start reading threads and then have a lull. I'll be back next week to update on our check-in!!

96 Days to go!!!

Online Check-In Completed!

Hello everyone!!! I'm here to share that online check-in is finally completed and we are one step closer to March 13th!!
My goal:
1. Early PAT
2. Palo Brunch

I set my alarm for 11:55pm. I was up so excited with all the Silver members in my fb group for the cruise. We waited
patiently. :rolleyes1 At 12:00am...nothing. 12:05am...nothing. Someone said it could take 5-10 minutes to load. 12:10am...activities loaded but not check-in. By 12:31am I gave up and went to bed. Got up again at 1:30am..showed online check-in but ERROR. I finally gave up and woke up at 6:15am. I was able to check in and in 10 minutes had....
1. PAT 10:30am :yay:
2: Palo Brunch 10:00am :love:

Blue Lagoon Beach Day keeps staring me down!! I wish I had done that in 2015 and not Atlantis!!! I decided not to book any of the princess or frozen meets as they aren't high on my "to-do" list and I would much rather them go to a family who is new to cruising and would appreciate it more than us since I can see them at WDW often!

So I guess you can say it was a rather boring check-in with no PA, no character meet, no spa reservation, no BBB, and no simulation package but I'm happy with what we did get and the countdown continues!! For as full as our ship is, we must have a lot of first time cruisers because all of the PAT were still open (even as of a few mins ago,) 2 cabanas at CC were left, and only the Sea Lion at Atlantis was full. I've also decided to decline the FE exchange for this trip...maybe next time!

I'm off to bed since I have a busy 2.5 days of school left! I'll try to update over the holiday break! Take care!! :santa:

Glad to hear you got what you wanted when your date opened! We are doing Brunch at 10:30! (Formally, caralovesdis, I couldn't access that account's email and started over!)

The cruise is getting closer!!

Did you end up signing up for an FE? I'm getting mine together currently. I can't decide between a family gift or individual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!