Dreams / DIS Exclusive Adventure 4/21 - 4/30/20 SOLD OUT!!!

Hey there, hi there, ho there! Just wanted to let folks know that I've signed up for the rescheduled April 2021 Dreams ABD Egypt trip. I turn 65 in 2021 and this is my birthday present to myself. I am very excited to be going on such a wondrous trip with so many good friends!

Egypt attempting to open:

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Cairo (August 27, 2020)

Event:
PCR TESTING AND OTHER COVID-19 UPDATES

Starting September 1, all arriving international travelers, including Egyptian citizens, will need to present a negative PCR test certificate for COVID-19 taken prior to arrival. Currently, PCR tests must be taken within 72 hours before arrival, but on September 1 that requirement will change to no less than 48 hours before arrival. Travelers must present paper copies of the test results; digital copies will not be accepted. Children under the age of six of all nationalities are exempt.

Also on September 1, Egypt will re-open Luxor and Aswan governorates to international visitors, including temples, archaeological sites, and museums.

Starting August 28, Friday prayers are scheduled to reopen at some mosques under strict preventative measures; mosques have been open for daily prayers with the exception of Friday prayers. A ban on funerals and marriage ceremonies remains in place. The Coptic Orthodox Church announced Friday mass will resume on September 11; churches have been open for mass every day except Friday.

To comply with social distancing guidelines imposed by both the U.S. and Egyptian governments, the U.S. Embassy in Cairo continues to provide only emergency services to U.S. citizens until further notice. Limited passport services can be provided on an emergency basis, which normally includes urgent travel. If you require an emergency passport please contact ConsularCairoACS@state.gov to request an appointment, and be prepared to provide proof of your upcoming urgent travel (purchased ticket). We will announce the resumption of scheduling for regular services when resources and local conditions allow. We regret the inconvenience.

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo encourages U.S. citizens seeking COVID-19 medical information to reference the Government of Egypt’s Ministry of Health and Population’s social media accounts at https://www.facebook.com/egypt.mohp/ (Arabic only). The Government of Egypt has also provided a COVID-19 dedicated hotline at 105 15335 or 15469 for additional inquiries (Arabic proficiency recommended).

Egypt attempting to open:

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Cairo (August 27, 2020)

Event:
PCR TESTING AND OTHER COVID-19 UPDATES

Starting September 1, all arriving international travelers, including Egyptian citizens, will need to present a negative PCR test certificate for COVID-19 taken prior to arrival. Currently, PCR tests must be taken within 72 hours before arrival, but on September 1 that requirement will change to no less than 48 hours before arrival. Travelers must present paper copies of the test results; digital copies will not be accepted. Children under the age of six of all nationalities are exempt.

Also on September 1, Egypt will re-open Luxor and Aswan governorates to international visitors, including temples, archaeological sites, and museums.

Starting August 28, Friday prayers are scheduled to reopen at some mosques under strict preventative measures; mosques have been open for daily prayers with the exception of Friday prayers. A ban on funerals and marriage ceremonies remains in place. The Coptic Orthodox Church announced Friday mass will resume on September 11; churches have been open for mass every day except Friday.

To comply with social distancing guidelines imposed by both the U.S. and Egyptian governments, the U.S. Embassy in Cairo continues to provide only emergency services to U.S. citizens until further notice. Limited passport services can be provided on an emergency basis, which normally includes urgent travel. If you require an emergency passport please contact ConsularCairoACS@state.gov to request an appointment, and be prepared to provide proof of your upcoming urgent travel (purchased ticket). We will announce the resumption of scheduling for regular services when resources and local conditions allow. We regret the inconvenience.

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo encourages U.S. citizens seeking COVID-19 medical information to reference the Government of Egypt’s Ministry of Health and Population’s social media accounts at https://www.facebook.com/egypt.mohp/ (Arabic only). The Government of Egypt has also provided a COVID-19 dedicated hotline at 105 15335 or 15469 for additional inquiries (Arabic proficiency recommended).
Thanks for posting this!

We'll need to have a cake for Rob, as well. His birthday is just a few days prior to the trip.
I think we can come up with many excuses for cake. Isn't it Kevin K's birthday in April, or is it John's? Plus it's Kate and Kevin's anniversary month, as well. Let's start a list, LOL.

We have signed up for the 4/21 Trip. Hopefully, this will go (and the world will be safe-ish by then). I was happy that ABD and DELTA refunded all of our money, including the seat upgrade costs.
The only money I thought I was out, was for the Trip Insurance. Using the site that Kevin suggested, Insurance My Trip, I moved the insurance to the new 2021 dates. I only had to provide the details of the 2020 trip, and that I did not have any claims as a result of that one not going.
I just got the confirmation that they move the policy to the new dates. NOW, the only worry will be - do we actually get to go? We're about a month away from the final payment.

Sad to hear that 2021 is a no-go. We're ready for 2022; we now have more time to plan on what to pack. There is always an upside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts