Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Becoming a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent - 11/28

i just ran across this video and am aware that it is a year old. i am sure there will be other times that it will be relevant however. so if i may?, some advice. One of the biggest mistakes people make when the decide to get into the people business is misinterpret what is expected of them when they get to one on one. What i mean is, i have started training people and quickly found out that to them sales is standing at the register and collecting money, now, i am oversimplifying this a bit but not much. after a few days the overly analytical ones that realized i was teaching acting as much as product knowledge began to fall by the wayside. those with a higher level of emotion were fine. when you are in front of a prospect, be it in person or exchanging on the internet, you are on stage and you only get one chance to earn applause. The same goes when you are trying to get a position. i have seen supervisors interviewing for a good half hour and at the end all anyone knew was what a good supervisor he thought he was. There is only one thing an interviewer needs to ask. "tell me, and take as much time as you need, .....why should i hire you...." and then sit back and listen. the reason i bring this up is because the interview is your "first sale" and if you muck it up you will not get a chance at the second one. You might think this is not sales that we are talking about but it most certainly is. Always remember people can book their vacation with any number of agencies, your job is to make them want to book it with YOU and not only that, they need to tell their friends and not only that, they need to remember you next time. retention is very important, followup and keeping your name in front of them is very important.....so for those of you who apply the next time............good hunting.

I would love to apply! I was just wondering, what kind of salary and benefits are there? Just thought I'd ask as I'd like to make sure it would be a good switch/fit! Plus, I'm sure there might be others out there who may be interested...

Thanks!

I would love to apply! I was just wondering, what kind of salary and benefits are there? Just thought I'd ask as I'd like to make sure it would be a good switch/fit! Plus, I'm sure there might be others out there who may be interested...

Thanks!

It's commission based. You only make money after your client travels.

Thanks!
@GNease42 Don't remember if there's a more current show, but this one, from 2016, is pretty informative, hope it helps.....

So excited to have the opportunity to apply! I just graduated from travel school with the hopes that I can work for Dreams. It's been my dream since high school and I'm sure it's many others' dreams as well...so good luck to all!

So excited to have the opportunity to apply! I just graduated from travel school with the hopes that I can work for Dreams. It's been my dream since high school and I'm sure it's many others' dreams as well...so good luck to all!
@lulubell.f - Said it before, and I'll say it again - good luck to you, and all here who truly want this, and apply!! Please let us know!!

I had a terrible experience with another travel agency that shall remain nameless, charged money for joining, charged money monthly and then when i wanted to quit, said that i had signed a contract with them. So be warned.

Every agency has their own business model.

Dreams Unlimited Travel does not charge our agents any fees at all to be an agent - no joining fee, no monthly fee etc.

Dreams Unlimited Travel will require you to sign a contract which outlines the terms and conditions of our business relationship (agency to agent) but if at any time you (or Dreams) don't feel things are working out there is a clause for terminating the contract. The last thing we would want is someone on our team who didn't want to be there.

I just sent in my application! While I understand the commission model and the delay in receiving income between booking dates and travel dates, is there a range of an estimated annual income for someone doing this full time? Obviously if I’m working 50-60 hours a week, I would expect the income would need to support those kind of hours. Although, I think I would probably do this for free if my husband would allow it because I enjoy it so much lol.

Does Dreams require its agents to find their own clients, or are clients assigned to agents?

I would be interested in applying, but not if I have to advertise and find my own clients, like so many other Disney agencies require.

I just sent in my application! While I understand the commission model and the delay in receiving income between booking dates and travel dates, is there a range of an estimated annual income for someone doing this full time? Obviously if I’m working 50-60 hours a week, I would expect the income would need to support those kind of hours. Although, I think I would probably do this for free if my husband would allow it because I enjoy it so much lol.

I can't give you a range of what you might earn as it's really up to the individual agent. We have some that do very well and some that don't make much at all - it's all about the time/effort you put in and how good you are at the position that will determine how much you can make.

A simple internet search will show what travel agents across the industry can earn.

This sounds great. I can speak from experience to be careful out there. I had applied at a place that looked great and then discovered that they had all kind of high fees I had signed up for.
At first I thought that was the norm until Mr. Klose set me straight. I am glad to be out of that. :flower1::daisy:
p.s. I used to have the lilaclily account but had trouble going in and did a new one. Sorry I am repeating myself!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter