Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Viking River Cruise - Christmas Markets | 01/29/18

WebmasterJackie

Senior Editor for The DIS & DCL Fan
Staff member
Administrator
In this episode, John and Kevin discuss their experience stopping at the Christmas Markets during their Viking River Cruise in December.

Oh, this trip was so much fun! Loved reliving the boat experience with you, and can’t wait for next week’s show to hear how much fun we had visiting the Christmas Markets! (I have a GIANT box of my Christmas Market purchases, just waiting for November so I can unpack it and enjoy my German Christmas.)

As one traveling in one of the smaller rooms, I do agree that space was pretty tight. But the rooms are well designed, very efficient with lots of storage and lights and well-placed outlets. High quality Scandinavian woods and finishes. The (small) bathroom has a lovely heated floor which felt great on those chilly days. I had a French balcony, which means there are sliding glass doors you can open, but there’s no actual balcony you can step onto beyond them, just a railing. It was nice to be able to open them to get the breeze and the sound of the river occasionally.

I think last year’s Paris to Normandy cruise set the dining bar very high- the chef was really fabulous on that trip. Like John and Kevin said, no one went hungry on this cruise, but dinners didn’t “wow” us.

And yeah, I caught that part where you make fun of Texans seeing snow...

And hi, Samson!

Last edited:
Loved watching this segment!

This brought back great memories as we did a similar Viking river cruise in 2016. We did the Rhine version and loved it so much. The Christmas markets were amazing and I thought the ornament making was a very cool touch. We saved ours and now have two "honeymoon" ornaments for our tree :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter