Dreams Unlimited??

A

aprilgail2

Does Dreams Unlimited have a phone number to call where you can actually talk to someone or do you have to do everything through the website and email??

I believe it's all website and email, but I could be wrong.

Now, don't let that stop you in the least-they are incredibly fast on keeeping on top of whatever you want to do with your vacation, as far as booking, priority seatings, special event tickets, etc. I have never waited any real length of time for answers about just about anything. And they are very efficient on making sure any and all discounts get applied, and getting you a great deal on any facet of your trip. We use them any time we don't use our points to book something. And that's been many.

Now, you do realize they run this message board right? Just by posting here you might be talking to them. :D

Yes, however, they will give you a phone number with the quote & should you have any questions when you call to reserve they are happy to answer. I had trouble with this at first too, but once you get used to it, it is really easier as you can get everything done by e-mail. I've used them 7 times and they have the best rebates, prices available, & knowledge of Disney cruises available.

Call 1-888-374-0494 to get a DU agent. I did this in order to give my credit card info.

I have my ressies with Michelle at DU and have no trouble getting a quick response from her. Back in the fall we decided to push our October 2003 cruise back until end of April 2004 and I wanted to be sure the prices weren't going to be too different before we actually changed our plans. I emailed Michelle on a Sunday morning and she got back to me in a few hours.

She always sends out an email when she is going away to let you know who is handling her clients while she is gone just in case you need to contact her. I've never had a travel agent do that before.

When you make your ressie they will have you call to give cc info so that is not given online. You also get a ressie number and a password to access information about your reservation and how many other cabins are booked for your cruise to see if you are getting there special gift when they have 8 or more booked. They also tell you how many days til your trip just like our countdown clocks. We are doing land/sea and Michelle will be making all my priority seatings for me when it is time, that is if I can stand to give up that part of my planning!:rolleyes:

Try DU, I'm impressed already and I still have a year+ until my cruise.

I have gotten a quote from them and I emailed back to get a different room and they got back to me VERY quickly and took care of my requests so I will be booking through them as soon as I get the money at the end of the week...thanks!

I requested a quote/booking for a 7 day cruise with Dreams Unlimited. I received an automated response at the end of the process promising a reply within 2 days. After 4 days I had still not received a reply. Fortunately I was able to book directly with Disney the same day. Their service appears unreliable to me - and I don't see any advantage over booking directly with Disney. I have already made a few alterations to the booking and find it very easy, convenient and reliable to contact Disney directly.

Obviously, in that case something in the automated system got messed up. That's why at the bottom of the automated response is the following(I save all contact email between us):
"If you have any questions, or need to reach us for any reason, please feel free to contact us
via email at reservations@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com"

I wouldn't have waited 2 more days beyond the 2 promised for a direct response. I typically get a direct email from my assigned agent the following morning, after making a reservation request that evening.

As far as advantages - let me give you the most valuable one. Disney won't be contacting you if there are any applicable discount offers that come up AFTER you make the reservation. The agents at Dreams will.

Originally posted by MarkRG
As far as advantages - let me give you the most valuable one. Disney won't be contacting you if there are any applicable discount offers that come up AFTER you make the reservation. The agents at Dreams will.

The last time I cruised I went right through Disney and I wanted to add a person....only then when I called to add the person did I find out that the cruise price went down 1200 for the group and then they gave me the new price...if I had not have called DIsney would have just left me at the more expensive price!

Michelle at DU is great! She has taken time to answer every one of my 'dumb' questions quickly. We've booked our RCCL vacation with her and have been very pleased with her service.

We have used Dreams since they opened their virtual door, and have been very happy with their service. That's 20 something cruises and a few WDW vacations. We do everything via email except for the final payment which we call in.

Dreams has the rebate, occasional booking specials that offer a stateroom credit and best of all they monitor the prices. We have gotten several e-mails from Dreams saying that they have updated a cruise booking because DCL has lowered the prices, saving us money. DCL does not do this on their own, and neither did our previous TA's.

And for those of you booking your next cruise on the ship. You can transfer the booking to Dreams and still get the DU rebate with the onboard credit for booking on the ship.

My post really is not referring to DU in particular - but I'm getting confused here. I thought that DCL no longer was offering last minute specials. I was pretty sure that I have read on this board (and my most recent experiences have been) that with DCL you must book early to get the best price - and that it only goes up from there. Now I am reading here that ya'all are experiencing price reductions AFTER booking.

Please clear this up for me ....

Yes, it's true...price reductions sometimes do happen. It's not usually a last minute thing...more like some special promotion such as Sunshine Getaway or Fall Fantasy (although the Jan. Cat. 11's had a significant price reduction pretty late in the game). Sometimes these specials are better than even the early booking savings, and DU adjusts your ressie accordingly. We like to book secret porthole rooms, so we do that a year or two in advance...then, if the price goes down, we have the room we want and get the cheapest price too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Hi Happy Days! (tried to post twice and lost the whole thing) Anyway, I agree with you - I have tried DU and DCL and also found that so called 'last minute deals' rarely exist with DCL - unless you are a part of some affinity group ie. Annual Passholder, Florida resident etc. As much as I do appreciate the promotions offered by DU, there doesn't seem to be a huge advantage. The only places I have ever found are those TA's that offer a rebate/credit based on cruise cost of the TA's commission. There are a few internet websites that offer up to 7% that I have found. (tried to go to my 'favorites' to locate those sites and lost this whole post) However, in all fairness, the DU rebate offer seems very fair, I just don't think you should rely on DCL offering any great deals on last minute bookings as do other cruiselines. It is all 'supply and demand' and DCL offers a premium product and therefore travels with full ships frequently.
It still boils down to one thing - you MUST have confidence/faith in your choice of TA or cruise line to book the travel.. Track records, financial stability all mean A LOT!! You are spending BIG BUCKS and consider the peace of mind to be 'insurance.'

Yep - I see what you're talking about Barb. I guess DCL is back to throwing out an occasional special (like on the 7-day Eastern off season). The rest of their voyages fill up - as well they should - so we no longer get the old promos I remember from a few years ago (I remember going on the 7-day Eastern Magic w/family of four in cat. 5 for $2400 on a great special).

I'd be interested in whether or not anyone has EVER received a price decrease on a summer cruise (June - Aug). I think that is the season that you absolutely must book early.

Sorry for getting so off the original thread. Ppiew - you sound like me. I usually book directly with DCL and then I transfer it to Costco later and they deduct 10%. That usually works out best for me, however, it sounds like DU does a fine job with their clients - as their very loyal customer following shows.

Happy Cruising!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter