Dreams? Yeah, I've got a few. A November 2022 PTR **Update 9/8 - The State of Play**

It’s beautiful!!

Thank you so much! I picked out the setting but he chose the diamond. I couldn't be happier with it.

So many things!!! We have a date! 7/15/2022 on the Big Island. 🌴 We have hired a fabulous wedding coordinator/officiant and photographer. We've got a location! Kikaua Point Beach Park which features grassy areas and lava rocks and is right on the ocean. We'll be married by sunset. I also managed to book a reasonably priced rental car.

What I don't know: I've yet to book a hair and makeup person. I have a feeler out for the one that I want but she's yet to respond back. The dress. I had one in mind that was formal with sheer sleeves but my wedding coordinator Becky said it would be too hot even at that time of day for any sleeves. So the search for the right dress is going to begin in earnest next month. Are the kids coming? We're not sure yet. Gabe's been hemming and hawing about how to ask them. I think he's afraid they'll say no and he'll be disappointed. A totally reasonable fear but we also need to get the ball moving so this week he's going to inform the ex-wife of our trip dates and when the kids are over this weekend we'll find out if they want to attend. Then we'll be able to book an appropriate condo. Flights? We can't book until we know how many are flying. Sometime before our trip I'll also have to get his ring.

This last weekend we hosted our first bash at the new house. Previously we've had his parents over to visit for a week or two at a time as well as smaller groups but this was the first time we hosted a real holiday cookout/pool party. We had a total of 17 people flow in and out during the afternoon. I was quite impressed with our hosting skillz. ::yes:: I had planned to make a cake on Sunday and cookies on Monday morning. Well, I flaked on Sunday so I made the cake on Monday morning. What I neglected to realize was that the pudding in the cake needed to chill for 4 hours and the cake had to cool for at least 2 hours. So. I technically made all of the parts but never assembled it. After everyone left on Monday the both of us sacked out, just exhausted. Last night I went to bed early again because days at work after a three day weekend are murder. My point is that the cake is still in need of assembly in my refrigerator. Sigh. Tonight. I promise.

Gabe finally told the ex-wife about next July's wedding and trip to Hawaii so now we'll be asking the kids this weekend if they'd like to attend. 🤞🤞🤞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter