Drinking Before Noon Everyday-An Oct F&W Adventure *COMPLETE!

Love your reports! That shrimp scampi dip was to die for! You have the cutest ears, where do you get them? Also, when we were there in October we were able to get 4th FP for FOP while walking up the fast pass line for it too. I keep telling everyone to check and recheck and recheck!

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all of your awesome replies to my DR! I will respond to everyone and finish up the last few days of my report as soon as I return from... you guessed it, Disney World! We are leaving tonight and will return on January 28th when I will have yet another report for you. And in the meantime you can follow along with my trip on Instagram @jeriandthegiantpeach

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all of your awesome replies to my DR! I will respond to everyone and finish up the last few days of my report as soon as I return from... you guessed it, Disney World! We are leaving tonight and will return on January 28th when I will have yet another report for you. And in the meantime you can follow along with my trip on Instagram @jeriandthegiantpeach
Have a good time !

Hey everyone!

Loving your trip report as always! I was there at the same time, my favorite time to go to F&W!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your January visit, too! Hoping you enjoy your trip! Trying to decide if I can get away for maybe 3 days in Feb. for Festival of the Arts.

A little late to the party, but as always, I love reading your dining reviews!!

AND, DH and I have booked a kid-free trip for next month!!! We will be eating and drinking our way through the world, just like we used to do before kids. :smooth:

Oh, didn't you have your graduation? Did you end up going to the chophouse? (Or maybe I'm making this all up, lol!)

Joining in again! I love your TR's and always look forward to a new one...Can't wait to hear the rest of this one as well as Januarys...Have a GREAT trip!

@jerseytinkerbell
I absolutely LOVE the Minnie shirt you wore on your AK day! Where did you get it? PM me if you want.
IMG_0335.jpg

Wow, great mega update. Sorry your scallop dish at Raglan was not good. What a disappointment. So glad all the other food was good. Yay to Yak and Yeti. We love this place. We go almost every trip and love it.

Great score with second FoP FP. Love this ride!

Thanks! Yeah, Raglan was a bummer, but at least everything else was great. Yak & Yeti is a total must do for us now. We love it!

I know right?! I got cocky though and thought I would be able to repeat that same magic on my January trip but it didn't happen. One ride on FOP a day is still awesome though, so I can't be too bummed.

I need to put this on my list for August.

Boo!

Good to know!

Love it! I love the customs buttons you have, so fun!

I need to try this.....think it would go perfectly with a frozen pink lemonade.

That sounds delicious!

Beautiful location! One day I'll get there ( when I convince DH we NEED to own DVC!)

Cute pic!

We love Yak Attacks!

These have been on my radar for a while, now I want to go to Yak and Yeti!

I love the Pongo Lumpia!

LUcky you! Two FoP FPs in one day!

These are dangerous!

I wanted to get that so much last summer but I was a little too early and they did not start serving it until 4:30. I have the recipe and make it at home when I am feeling homesick for Disney.

Definitely try the grilled cheese at Roaring Fork and get a dole whip swirl at Aloha Isle. A must! A Cheshire tail would be great with a frozen lemonade. :thumbsup2

Fun to read update! Yak & Yeti is a favorite of ours too, and I love the Yak Attack. The tiki mug you got at Trader Sam’s is darling.

Thank you! That mug is my new favorite! I had to have it!

I remember following this trip on Instagram!

Probably a good thing you didn't see the Snowman movie - I heard awful things about it. I only saw 51 movies this year which seems like that was less than last year but the hurricane kinda messed 3 weekends up this year and the fact that my main movie theater still isn't open also created problems. What was your favorite and worst movie of the year, my fellow movie buff? I think my least favorite was Silence - I never have been tempted to play on my cell phone more than during that movie! I had lots of favorites like Resident Evil, Wonder Woman, Logan, Belko Experiment, The Glass Castle, Shape of Water.

Good to know they updated they Polynesian Nachos.

Looks like you've gotten a decent amount of F&W festival done.

Snowman is out in Redbox now. I have every intention of renting it next weekend. I don't care how bad it is. Michael Fassbender is my absolute favorite and I'm used to him making terrible movies at this point. :laughing: I did 49. I lost a lot of ground in the middle of the year. I feel like there were fewer movies to see in the spring and summer this year. Wow, that's awful that your theater is still closed. Silence looked really boring. I loved Wonder Woman too. Belko was good and fun to enjoy with coworkers and start building our alliance should a similar situation ever arise at our office. :laughing: I really did not like Shape of Water. I usually love del Toro, but I just wasn't feeling that one. I loved Beauty and the Beast, Coco, Wind River, It, Baby Driver, Blade Runner, Greatest Showman and Disaster Artist. I hated Downsizing, wasn't feeling Three Billboards all that much, and was disappointed with Justice League, Alien Covenant and the new Spider-Man. I am usually super hype for the Oscars but I am not feeling the nominations at all this year. I may not even watch for the first time in my life. The only way I'm watching is if Hugh Jackman is singing. Otherwise count me out lol. 2018 is off to a good start though! We saw 16 movies this last trip and there are so many movies coming out the next few months that I'm looking forward to.

I can't believe the gnocchi dish at RR was so disappointing! I remember you absolutely raving about it several dining reports ago and have always hoped it would be on the menu during one of our trips. What a bummer! :worried:

Awesome reviews, BTW. Always love your reports!

I know!!! It was such a bummer! Maybe it was a one off situation and something was just wrong in the kitchen that day. I dunno.

Amazing updates!!!! You all really know how to do disney food and drink! totally need to hang with you sometime!

I thought we did a lot at Food and Wine, but with one exception you tried so many things that we never even had. Clearly I need to go back.

Sorry your Raglan dish was such a bust, but glad to hear you made the most of it!

And I must ask where you got your dole whip magic band. I. Must. Have. It!

Thanks! Maybe one of these times our trip dates will match up! :thumbsup2

This trip was just for F&W. I didn't care if we ate at any restaurants. I just wanted to eat it all at F&W. We got in more restaurants than I thought we would.

The MagicBand is decals from myfantasybands. They have really cute decals and they're very inexpensive! Check them out!

You said “massive update” and boy did you deliver! Loved catching up. Seems like we shared many of the same favorites at F&W. Couldn’t agree more on some sour cream for the empanada! For all my love of World Showcase, I somehow never hit Rose & Crown. Will have to work on that! So happy to hear the bug issue didn’t repeat itself at Geyser Point. Too bad Territory Lounge won’t serve food before AP opens. ESPN looks like a fun place to watch the game! I’ve said it before... I like your vacation style!!!

Haha it was a big one! Glad you're with me on the sour cream for the empanada. Thought it was just me. :laughing: I really love R&C! We always have the best servers here too. Yes, hopefully I get to go back to Geyser Point sometime and be bug free so I can really enjoy it. ESPN is so much fun with a big Eagles crowd for the game. We just went back in January for a playoff game and had a blast.

Great reviews. The noodle dish at Yak n Yeti looks fantastic. I hope to make it there someday.

Thank you! Oh my gosh, yes the noodles at Yak & Yeti were so good. You should absolutely check it out! We passed over it for years and I'm so sorry we did.

Great updates! Yak n Yeti looks fantastic. Definitely a must do our next trip.

Thank you! Yes, definitely check out Yak & Yeti! It is a must!

Having so much fun reading your report! I'm hungry and thirsty all at the same time!

Thank you! :laughing: I get that way writing the reviews too!

Love your reports! That shrimp scampi dip was to die for! You have the cutest ears, where do you get them? Also, when we were there in October we were able to get 4th FP for FOP while walking up the fast pass line for it too. I keep telling everyone to check and recheck and recheck!

Thank you! Oh my gosh, that dip really was amazing! Aww, thanks! I get them from various Etsy sellers and places I find via Instagram. If you ever want to know about a particular pair let me know and I can point you in the right direction. :thumbsup2

Yes! I tell people the same thing. I mess around with my Fastpasses so much and get really lucky a lot of times.

Have a good time !

Thanks! We had a blast! Can't wait to finish this DR and start the next one. We had some amazing food.

Loving your trip report as always! I was there at the same time, my favorite time to go to F&W!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your January visit, too! Hoping you enjoy your trip! Trying to decide if I can get away for maybe 3 days in Feb. for Festival of the Arts.

Thank you! Me too! F&W is the best! We had an amazing trip last month. If you can go in February definitely do it. I love Festival of the Arts!

Maybe we will bump into you this weekend. Have fun!

Darn! Never bumped into you but I hope you had fun!

A little late to the party, but as always, I love reading your dining reviews!!

AND, DH and I have booked a kid-free trip for next month!!! We will be eating and drinking our way through the world, just like we used to do before kids. :smooth:

Oh, didn't you have your graduation? Did you end up going to the chophouse? (Or maybe I'm making this all up, lol!)

Thank you! So fun for you! I hope you have a blast!

I did graduate in May! Thanks for remembering! We had an amazing time in NH. We did go to Hanover Street Chophouse for a celebration the night of the commencement ceremony. It was so good! We also went to British Beer Company and had the best cheese plate of all time and Goldenrod for an amazing lobster roll. We really want to go back!

Joining in again! I love your TR's and always look forward to a new one...Can't wait to hear the rest of this one as well as Januarys...Have a GREAT trip!

Thank you! Hoping to finish this one up ASAP and start the January one int he next week or so. So much good food to share!

following along!

Thanks for joining in!

@jerseytinkerbell
I absolutely LOVE the Minnie shirt you wore on your AK day! Where did you get it? PM me if you want.
IMG_0335.jpg

Looks like a LuLaRoe shirt.

Yup! Sure is! My entire wardrobe is LulaRoe now. But seriously, it really is. :laughing:

Enjoying your report and pics very much! Those seasonal nachos look amazing!!!!

Thanks so much! Oh my gosh they were amazing! I want that cheese sauce in my life again!

Hey fellow foodie friends! I am back from an amazing food filled 17 days in WDW. I will get as much done of this DR as I can today before the Super Bowl starts. My beloved Eagles are playing, so you know I'm hyped today! I have buffalo chicken dip simmering in the crock pot and I am ready for game time. But first, Disney food! Hoping to start my January DR soon as well, so stay tuned.

In other Disney news I am also headed to Disneyland next month! Oh my gosh! My mom recently moved to Vegas so my one brother and I are flying out on St. Patty's day and spending some time in Nevada and driving out to Disneyland for 3 days and staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I need foodie advice! We are going to keep it simple and avoid table service while we are there to save time and money. I know we are going to do Trader Sam's and I want to do Jolly Holiday and possibly the World of Color dessert party. What other quick service and snack items should I try? Any tips would be appreciated as I've only been to Disneyland once and it was in 2005 and I remember almost nothing lol.

More reviews coming right up!

So this trip we had zero intention of visiting Hollywood Studios. There just wasn't enough open for us to care. We ended up changing out minds a bit and switched up Fastpass plans the next day and decided to spend a couple of hours in HS and then switch over to Epcot before lunch.

We got to HS right as they opened and went back and got right on RnRC with no FP.

Then Lindsay and I walked on to ToT. Rob will not ride this, so it was awesome to have her to ride with. Love it!!!!

After that we took a quick breakfast break at Starbucks.

I got the bacon, egg and cheese sandwich which took a bit to come out, but it was really tasty.

I also got my favorite salted caramel frappuccino.

I am super sad that there is no more Starring Rolls in HS but I am glad that I can get a lot of the same items at Starbucks and I can get frappuccinos any time now, which is always a plus. And I always seem to have Starbucks gift cards from work, so it's a win.

We also got to see the stormtroopers marching from our spot outside Starbucks. You never know what you'll see in Disney World!

Speaking of Star Wars, I need it to be 2019, like now!

Next we rode TSMM with a FP.

Where I finally won! Because I was sitting by myself. :laughing:

Then we rode Star Tours and did Muppet 3D and we were all done HS and out by 11:20am. Not shabby!

Now it's Epcot time!

First we hit up the Festival Center because we wanted to buy some wine and have it sent to the front of the park. I also wanted to pick up our AP buttons.

Passed Universe of Energy all closed up, which was weird.

In the Festival Center we checked out the chocolate displays which are always amazing.

Moana

Pandora

Beauty and the Beast

Wreck It Ralph

OMG stop everything! It's a chocolate Hei Hei.

We got our free piece of chocolate they give out and we were off in search of real food.

We started at the Next Eats area of Future World.

We stopped at The Wine & Dine Studio where Rob and Lindsay both got the Artist Palette of Wine and Cheese which was a trio of cheese paired with wine.

They both really enjoyed this. They just love cheese pairings, so they were in heaven.

I got the Seared Scallop with truffled celery root puree, brussels sprouts, and wild mushrooms.

Amazing! The scallops were huge and delicious and I loved the mushrooms. Everything worked well together.

Next we stopped at Hawaii. Rob got the Teriyaki glazed SPAM hash with potatoes, peppers, onions and spicy mayo.

He loved this! I really wanted to try this dish, but was really not in the mood for it at that moment. I have never eaten SPAM, so I figured this wold be the time to do it, but sadly I never did try it.

I got a favorite of mine, the Kalua Pork Slider with sweet and sour pineapple chutney and spicy mayo.

Super delicious as always! I love this pork and the pineapple chutney is the perfect match to it.

So this day was unbelievably beautiful. It was 71 degrees and perfect. We stopped for a few to soak it all in.

Next is one of my favorites. No matter what festival it is, Mexico always has my favorite booth. I got the Rib Eye Taco on corn tortillas.

This was excellent and I loved the roasted chipotle sauce which had so much flavor.

I also tried the Tequila Chipotle Shrimp served on a black bean huarache with red and green cabbage, queso fresco and crema Mexicana.

The flavor of this was great but it was messy and I wasn't super fond of the huarache.

Then it was time for a ride on Gran Fiesta which I really love. I hear rumors of changing this to a Coco ride. They better not. I will riot. :laughing:

Next we stopped at Brewer's Collection where Rob got the flight.

And I had to try the Schofferhofer Pomegranate Beer.

I'm so mad at myself for only getting this once. It was delicious! I love their grapefruit beer and drink it all the time at home. I hope they make this pomegranate beer available in the future.

Cheers!

Did I mention it was totally gorgeous out today?

Rob also got the wine flight in Germany, which I thought was really kind of pretty.

Next we stopped in Morocco where Rob got the white wine and it was a super hefty pour. Rob was liking Morocco! :laughing:

I got the Chocolate Baklava, which was to die for! So sweet and delicious.

I mean, come on. Look at this view.

Oh hey Remy!

Then I stopped in Ireland for the Warm Chocolate Pudding once again. You have to get it every time. It's F&W law. :thumbsup2

Then we all stopped at Canada for another Wild Mushroom Filet. Again, it's F&W law.

That is just a one, two punch of awesomeness right there. So good every time!

After that last food item we did a few rides and then we called it a day in the parks.

After a very full park day it was time for some R&R back at the resort.

Had to get a picture at this perfect spot!

We had already walked 10 miles that day and it was only 3pm, so we all took a nap and then decided what to do for dinner. My SIL decided to extend her nap and skip dinner, so we went to Homecoming' without her for dinner.

We got a seat at the bar and grabbed a drink first. We both got Bootleggers.

Thank goodness we did because they got rid of these when we just went back last month. So sad! These were our favorite!

We decided to eat at the bar, which is one of the only spots anywhere that I actually like to eat at the bar.

Rob saw someone next to us order the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits, so he decided to get them for himself.

These are three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles and drizzed with hot honey.

He was in love! He raved and raved about how good they were.

I got one of my favorite dishes here, the Chopped Pork Barbecue Plate dressed with HFK sweet and spicy barbecue sauce served with Momma's mac and cheese and cheddar drop biscuits.

Yum!!!! Tis was so good! Their mac and cheese is my favorite. This was so much food that I couldn't even finish it and boxed it up and enjoyed it leftover in the room later that night.

We went to the movies and saw the new Blade Runner and my SIL was up in time to meet us there right as the movie was starting.

After the movie she stopped at Blaze Pizza, which wasn't too busy and got to try that herself for the first time. While she was waiting for her pizza I ran over to Sprinkles and got a red velvet cupcake which I ate back at the room with my leftovers.

2 parks, lots of F&W goodies, Homecomin', Sprinkles and a movie. A perfect day!

Love your dining reports! That Schofferhofer pomegranate beer sounds delish! Hope it's available during F&G! I don't really like beer, but I do like Schofferhofer's grapefruit beer, so maybe I'll like the pomegranate, too. Those thigh high chicken biscuits sound amazing! I've been following along on your most recent trip via Instagram! Can't wait for that dining report!

The pulled pork at Homecomin looks amazing.

My hubby is a huge fan of spam, so he also got the spam hash from Hawaii. I totally forgot to p it it in my report because I don't have a photo. He loves it. I showed him your picture, and he said Yummy!

We will have to give the Homecomin' Mac & Cheese a try on the next visit. On a more important note that was a heck of a game , finally the Eagles bring the Lombardi Trophy to Philadelphia party:. The fireworks have finally stopped in our corner of Camden County.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!