Drive time Atlanta - WDW?

x5x5x5x5x5

Finally figured out how to do this...
Has anyone made the drive from Atlanta to WDW? What am I looking at realistically for drive time? Nowadays I tend to hover around speed limits (got too many tix as a young driver). Thanks!!

Since no one has answered, I'm guessing around 6-7 hours, but I've never been that way. We go along I-95 when we go, but I have friends who go 75 because they have family along the way, and it takes them about 9 hours, but they actually go around Atlanta instead of through it. Since it takes about 3 hours to get from here to Atlanta, that makes it about 6 hours if you live on the south side of Atlanta and don't hit any traffic.

6 to 7 hours following the posted speed limits and allowing for traffic is very realistic. Now I am one that can't wait to get there and has a heavy foot. We drove down this past Monday morning from Atlanta. We left at 3 am and we pulled up to Downtown Disney at 8am. My cruise control was set on 90 mph so I doubt you would want to try and make it in 5 hours.:D

WOW! Five hours!! You MUST have been flying! Gives me hope though - maybe I'll make DH drive. He has a heavy foot too!!

Glad to hear between 6 and 7 going the limits b/c I was worried it would be more like 8 or 9.

Thanks!

My Dh drove home yesterday. We had heavy rain, a wreck which closed the highway and caused us a pretty long detour. Since we were driving during the day we the kids were awake so we had numerous bathroom stops and we still made it in under 7 hours. You shouldn't have a problem getting there in 6 to 7 hours.

Have a great trip. BTW, when are you driving down?

Looks like we're driving down either Sunday or Monday (6/30 or 7/1). I hope to leave pretty early in the morning. We've always flown but I figured that this time we might visit Celebration so I wanted the flexibility of a car and I didn't want to pay for a plane tix AND car rental . . . thanks so much for sharing your experience. I feel MUCH better about driving!

It depends on which side of Atlanta that you are on. It took us 7 hours from Vinings. Several people told us before we drove in Feb. that it would take us 6 hours. We could only have made it in 6 hours if we had driven 90 mph all the way. We had to stop twice (driving with young kids) for potty breaks/gas, and we exceeded the speed limit by about 10mph.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter