Driveway alert alarm, recommendations?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I need a really good driveway alert alarm and wondering want you would buy? We live 1,000 feet from the road and need something with distance. We found tresspassers looking through one of our large sheds yesterday where we store our turnabout mowers and a few other things. A brand that will last and sustain the weather. Pricey is ok.

Oh wow, thats so scary - do you have a place you can move that stuff for a while? Sounds like you might get robbed before you'll get an alarm. Immediately I would do a few motion detector lights and loud screeching alarms that work with batteries from Amazon- I think ADT has a mobile unit I was looking at for my daughters apartment. First thing I would do is move the valuable stuff in case they come back in the next few days to a garage, a basement or even to a neighbors place & take pictures for insurance. Can get Arlo camera from Best Buy and set them to motion, I use them on my porch and garage

We have an Arlo camera on our driveway, but they do have to be close enough to your Wi-Fi to get a signal.

Oh wow, thats so scary - do you have a place you can move that stuff for a while? Sounds like you might get robbed before you'll get an alarm. Immediately I would do a few motion detector lights and loud screeching alarms that work with batteries from Amazon- I think ADT has a mobile unit I was looking at for my daughters apartment. First thing I would do is move the valuable stuff in case they come back in the next few days to a garage, a basement or even to a neighbors place & take pictures for insurance. Can get Arlo camera from Best Buy and set them to motion, I use them on my porch and garage
We will leave be for the moment. The turnabout lawn mower is the only thing I think they would want. If it was to come up missing then we would let Alfa pay off and then make a major change. What though I have no idea. The shed is big enough for a put a camper under. It is right down below our house. We live on 30 acreas.

We have an Arlo camera on our driveway, but they do have to be close enough to your Wi-Fi to get a signal.
We have cameras on our lake lot in Alabama which has been used to alert us to tresspassers very recently too and we had the local police deal with them. But with our dogs having free range, a camera would be blowing up our phone all the time. But we may end up doing that as well. The ones we use in Alabama are wonderful.

We use a Dakota Alert MURS system. Our driveway is 1/4 mile from the road and we have several sensors along it so we know if someone is coming. However, it's just an alert system and not a camera. We also have Blink cameras, but those are closer to the house since they need wifi.

Optex Driveway alarm. It just "dings" when someone passes by. We have had one for about 18 years :) Well, I think we are on #3.

We have a wyze pamcam its the best cams we have ever owned... and the best part they are 30.00 new.
They also have light bulbs.
With the app you can set the sensitivity and the alarms. We have two inside the glass facing out.. google/amazon the reviews.
Wyze sells directly from there site or amazon

Blink cameras from Amazon are fabulous. Wifi enabled and are not hard wired. Run off rechargeable batteries. Have had our‘s on our driveway for 6 months already and aren’t even ready to recharge yet - and our driveway gets a tom of “hits”. Highly recommend!!

Any of these have clear and clean long range with night vision too? The Arlo aren’t fab at a distance which means they need to be within removing distance to work. I would get A persons image before they took it but still I’d prefer ones I can fix out of reach. The field of vision is a big difference from one to another

I'd contact a local security company (the kind that would install an alarm system in your house).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!