Driving thru Alabama to avoid Atlanta

I live in Ala.

just stay on I 65 until you get to Montgomery - then take I85 get off on exit 9 - right turn - when the road ends turn left on US 231. You can stay on US 231 until it gets to I 10 in Florida.

stay on I 10 until it get to I75.

people on I 10 can be fast - so you might see more Florida state troopers - they don't seem to mind 75 mph and even 80 mph - it is cars going over a 100 mph that they seem to stop.

I was going to drive - but hey $49 fares with Southwest - we are flying...

Hi we are driving through Illinois to Orlando and got a Trip Tik to go through Alabama route. Someone said on here that they stayed somewhere off the Exit 9; was just wondering where would be a good place to stop over. Thanks. We cant fly my son has Autism and we have had a few bad experiences with layovers and such; he loves the drive. lol thanks in advance.
leiving in December 5 to 23

would stop before exit 9 - when you are still in Montgomery. no longer live in Al - but Florida (love it) Or go on US 231 until you reach another town - most have their hotels along US231

also there is a slight better way - but it does not have the rest stops or easy access to hotels (now it does have hotels) than I65, I85, US 231, I10,

do you want that way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter