Driving to MK from All-Stars - how early to leave to make 9:00 am opening?

tlmadden73

DIS Veteran
Normally when staying at the resorts we take the buses, but I am looking to drive to the MK for one day this trip for two reasons:
1) So the kids can experience the excitement of the boat/monorail ride to get there, like I did as a kid.
2) We are needing to drive to the cast member store (Cast Connections?) that a friend has invited us to that is apparently a few minutes from the MK.

So .. I am trying to figure out the timing of when I would want to leave All Star Music to drive, go through the parking gates, park, walk to TTC and take boat/monorail over to the entrance .. then go through security ... etc. and be at the MK entrance before rope drop.

Thoughts on the timing of all that? Like I said .. just used to the bus timing and being dropped off right in front of the gates, so trying to figure out how to adjust.

I'd allow 45+ minutes from All Star to the MK. Probably closer to an hour. Yes, its a long time but the whole process takes time.

From the MK to Cast Connection is a bit further from the MK than it might look on a map. It will probably take you 30 minutes from leaving the MK to getting into your car and driving to Cast Connection.

I'd allow 45+ minutes from All Star to the MK. Probably closer to an hour. Yes, its a long time but the whole process takes time.

From the MK to Cast Connection is a bit further from the MK than it might look on a map. It will probably take you 30 minutes from leaving the MK to getting into your car and driving to Cast Connection.
So if I left All-Stars at 8:00 I would have plenty of time to basically be through security and tickets before 9:00?

Thanks for the MK to Cast Connection Tip .. now that I looked up where it is, it is on the way back "sorta" to the hotel.

Just thinking ahead .. maybe we will hit AK or AK Lodge for dinner after Cast Connections since those are right by our hotel too.

I would be in my car by 7:30 to be in a rope drop line by 8:50 (after a restroom break for the kids). That whole parking/taking tram to TTC/taking monorail/ferry to MK is so not worth it IMO. Lots of people enjoy arriving this way...I think its a traffic engineering nightmare. You'll likely find it a one & done. Point out the bus stop area to your kids & ask if they'd rather arrived that way near the front gates & see what they say (having just got off the other way). I save my monorail/boat rides to get to some dining options on the monorail loop or over to WL and use busses to get to RD. But, honestly, the bus ride from Music to MK is the longest ride of all the parks.

Double post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter